• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jordan Crawford aka JC2

hawkman

• Premium Member

With all the free agent stuff going on right now, another story has kinda slipped through the cracks. Jordan Crawford has been a pleasant surprise in the Las vegas Summer League in his first two games. For those of us who have been able to watch the games, the kid looks like a natural scorer and is a far better passer than anyone could have expected. I know it's just summer league competition, but I thought that it deserved a mention.

JC2's stats

• Moderators

Can he be our starter at PG? If he can bring the ball up the floor and get it to Joe/Smoove in the right spot that will do fine, I guess.

LilCraw/Teague/Bibby

Joe/BigCraw

Marv/Mo

Smoove/ManwithPulse

Hofo/Zaza/AnotherManwithPulse

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

From what I have seen of him, no way in the world can he be a pro point guard out of the box this season. We should have our expectations for him at he level we are hoping he can come in and consistently give us some scoring ala Flip Murray two years ago. We shouldn't expect him to step in at PG or replace JC, etc.

• Premium Member

From what I have seen of him, no way in the world can he be a pro point guard out of the box this season. We should have our expectations for him at he level we are hoping he can come in and consistently give us some scoring ala Flip Murray two years ago. We shouldn't expect him to step in at PG or replace JC, etc.

Agreed. The young man is playing well, but he is still a Rookie playing on a Playoff caliber team. I do think that at some point Drew will want to make room for him in the rotation. If he continues to play the way he's been playing, you can't afford to keep a scoring threat like that on the bench. A lot of analysts predicted that Crawford will be a bench/role player in the NBA, but I'm not so sure about that. This kid has the potential and the mentality of a special player. I think he was an absolute steal at 27.

• Admin

Can he be our starter at PG? If he can bring the ball up the floor and get it to Joe/Smoove in the right spot that will do fine, I guess.

LilCraw/Teague/Bibby

Joe/BigCraw

Marv/Mo

Smoove/ManwithPulse

Hofo/Zaza/AnotherManwithPulse

~lw3

Lets not overreact about a summer league game. Playing well in the summer league does not mean you are ready for big minutes in the NBA. Jordon Crawford has a long way to go before he is ready (if he will ever be) to be a starter in the NBA

• Like 1

I agree!! Flip is who he reminds me of also. I was impressed with how he can compliment players to. He could get 15 to 20 minutes this year depending who is on the team come training camp.

It's early but he's got potential to be a more efficient Jamal Crawford at the next level.

I think his passing skills have impressed everybody. I didn't see anything in his tourney games or highlight reels to suggest he was anywhere close to as good of a passer he has shown to be.

Perhaps he's paid attention to that as a knock on his game and has been working hard to get rid of that rep.

It's early but he's got potential to be a more efficient Jamal Crawford at the next level.

I think his passing skills have impressed everybody. I didn't see anything in his tourney games or highlight reels to suggest he was anywhere close to as good of a passer he has shown to be.

Perhaps he's paid attention to that as a knock on his game and has been working hard to get rid of that rep.

Good to hear encouraging news about him. He's in a tough spot in the rotation, playing behind 6th man of the year though.

Maybe he didn't have anybody to pass to on college.

Lets not overreact about a summer league game. Playing well in the summer league does not mean you are ready for big minutes in the NBA. Jordon Crawford has a long way to go before he is ready (if he will ever be) to be a starter in the NBA

It's sad because we have the same questions over Teague being the starter yet alone a PG. If Jordan thoroughly outplays Teague in SL and preseason do we still trot out Teague before him or do we make those minutes Jordan's to lose?

• Moderators

It's sad because we have the same questions over Teague being the starter yet alone a PG. If Jordan thoroughly outplays Teague in SL and preseason do we still trot out Teague before him or do we make those minutes Jordan's to lose?

Unless Teague proves himself a failure, I give PG minutes to Teague, Bibby and Jamaal. JJ, Jamal and Jordan can play the minutes at SG (and JJ can get some time at SF).

We need to give Teague consistent minutes this season or trade him.