Jamal's Replacement Wouldn't Be Around for 'Practice' Either

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/447466-allen-iverson-could-replace-jamal-crawford-in-atlanta?utm_campaign=buzztap&utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Allen Iverson Could Replace Jamal Crawford in Atlanta

The Hawks are going to take a big hit if Crawford leaves the team, but right now they can trade Crawford away without taking too much of a hit. The Hawks should seriously look at signing Iverson if Crawford is traded. Last season, Crawford played 31.1 mpg coming off the bench and destroyed second units with his scoring ability. Iverson could play that exact role but he could possibly do it better, as he is one of the greatest scorers in NBA history.

Iverson, who lives in Atlanta in the offseason, is loved by the city. Iverson could be that guy that packs the arena every night. Iverson is also working out harder then ever in Atlanta. His family is there, and with everything that has gone wrong with his family, he needs to stay close to them at this stage of his career. It could be a good thing for AI because he would be grounded and would be focusing on the two things in his life that he needs to be focusing on, which is basketball and his family. Atlanta is the perfect city for Iverson, kind of like Philadelphia was for the 11 years he was there.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

this has RISK wriiten all over it. I rather just keep jamal than to experiment with AI.

Give me AI for 1 to 2 mill a year then Craw for 10 mill a year, any day!

Trade Crawford for a small forward and another big man, plus add AI, and give Horford his extension,,, yes NO DOUBT!!

• Like 1

I actually would not be terribly opposed to it considering two things:

1) Compensation for Crawford: If management believes that Jordan can fill that role down the road, AI can come over here and help assist him into that role. If we are able to fill roles (big man, SF), I'd be game.

2) Compensation due Iverson: I would not be willing to give but 1 or 2 million. That mitigates the risk in my opinion. He doesn't exactly fit Larry Drew's offense if it is anything like we've been hearing. But if Larry thinks he'd be a welcome addition, who are we to say that he wouldn't?

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Love AI and what he's been able to accomplish. He's tough as nails and explosive, a

really great scorer.

Hate his inflated ego problem. His common sense is so low no one can find it. Doesn't

want to "Waste his time" with practice which proves, as much as anything could, He's not

a team player. He's for himself first, last and always.

With an attitude adjustment - - Which ain't happening, I would love to have AI coming off the

bench. That's another problem. His ego will not allow him to be a role player, a bench

player. He's a starter or he ain't playing. Like a little kid. "If I can't have my way, I'll take my

ball and go home."

:stirthepot:

• Like 1

• Admin

I really hope we don't bring AI in. He has been a problem everywhere he has been since leaving Philly the first time....Detroit, Denver, Memphis and Philly 2. Please don't bring him in to disrupt the team. His game has declined a great deal and his attitude is terrible. We will not benefit with him here