• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WHAT THE? GETTING BEAT BY 40

RT3

Down 86-46 against the Bobcats. um, okay, the game isn't televised and it's not on the web so I haven't been able to catch any of it. Was watching earlier on NBA gamecast. I hope the Hawks are just experimenting again and playing the bench mostly. Still, down 40 against the Bobcats? After last nights performance?

• Premium Member

It is the last game of the preseason. It is a completely worthless game. There is nothing to be upset about this game. Hawks did the right thing in not giving a damn about it. I would rather they get blown out and keep everyone healthy. Instead of winning it and losing a player or two.

I agree with what you're saying... At the same time, Teague still has a lot of work left.

Teague stunk it up tonight. 6 turnovers and 0-5 from behind the arc in 33minutes of play.

Teague and Josh should take a cane lash for every 3-point attempt.

I'm not mad at the starters resting, though. We needed to prove a liitle something to the Heat, Bobcats not so much.

• Like 2

Teague and Josh should take a cane lash for every 3-point attempt.

I'm not mad at the starters resting, though. We needed to prove a liitle something to the Heat, Bobcats not so much.

I disagree!!!! The Bobcats OWN us. It seems like we NEVER beat the Bobcats. I think I've been to 4 games where the Hawks played the Bobcats, and the Bobcats won every time. I'm SICK of losing to the Bobcats!!

I disagree!!!! The Bobcats OWN us. It seems like we NEVER beat the Bobcats. I think I've been to 4 games where the Hawks played the Bobcats, and the Bobcats won every time. I'm SICK of losing to the Bobcats!!

We beat them both times at home last year

• Premium Member

Teague has not done enough in the preseason to warrant him being on the court. We can use the 'its only preseason' for staters but i don't think that should be applied to Teague. I haven't checked Acie's preseason numbers but I'll go on a limb and say that his numbers probably trump Teague's.

• Premium Member

Teague has not done enough in the preseason to warrant him being on the court. We can use the 'its only preseason' for staters but i don't think that should be applied to Teague. I haven't checked Acie's preseason numbers but I'll go on a limb and say that his numbers probably trump Teague's.

He hasn't looked good. But the guy has been battling injuries, so he gets a bit of a pass.

He hasn't looked good. But the guy has been battling injuries, so he gets a bit of a pass.

Sorta Holic...I would give him a bit of a pass if there was a body of work to fall back upon for that opinion. I'm certainly no Teague h_ter...I'm a Hawks fan...but I do go back to a paraphrase from one of my posts months ago...if we are going to continue to improve/excel we need a proven backup PG for Bibby. We are going into the season on a wing-and-a-prayer at PG otherwise and it could tear this team apart.

I somewhat agree with Paladin that it was a worthless game and with Swat that they likely had been having fun the night before...but I doubt Teague was partying. If he was....whoops!

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

I think we have to give him a "pass" if that means playing him significant minutes and finding out if he is a major part of the PG position for the future. Bibby is quickly on his way out of having a significant role and we have nothing but combo guards to plug into the PG position after Teague.

I'd rather see Teague play and fall on his face and officially go to "plan b" than go through another season where our plan is that Teague is the future "once he's ready." We need clarity. As the guy who was picked right behind $60M Joakim Noah, I certainly hope he is worthy of at least being a steady backup PG this season.

• Like 1

I think we have to give him a "pass" if that means playing him significant minutes and finding out if he is a major part of the PG position for the future. Bibby is quickly on his way out of having a significant role and we have nothing but combo guards to plug into the PG position after Teague.

I'd rather see Teague play and fall on his face and officially go to "plan b" than go through another season where our plan is that Teague is the future "once he's ready." We need clarity. As the guy who was picked right behind $60M Joakim Noah, I certainly hope he is worthy of at least being a steady backup PG this season.

Bibby is not on his way as you and others think. This may come to a shock for you but Bibs is far and away ahead of Teague today. The reports of his (Mike Bibby) demise are premature.

• Moderators

Bibby is not on his way as you and others think. This may come to a shock for you but Bibs is far and away ahead of Teague today. The reports of his (Mike Bibby) demise are premature.

Bibby is still a contributor but his defense is such that no team in the league would want him as a starter. He is one the way out as someone you can have as your PG and then fill in behind him. He is fast becoming the guy who fills in behind the real starter. In that role, he has a future. As a starter, he doesn't.

Do you really think any team would sign him as their starter if he was a FA today?

• Moderators

A playoff team that only had Jeff Teague as the other alternative would.

I think a playoff team with only Teague and with $6M in cap space would have signed one of the other available FAs like Raymond Felton, Chris Duhon, Steve Blake, Randy Foye, Luke Ridnour, etc.