• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How about is JJ Regressing Under Drew?

Jungle Jack

Hello,

With all of the speculation seeming to center on the whether or not Smoove will be Traded, the thing that I have noticed more than anything else is how badly JJ has been Playing so far. I realize that the Season is just getting under way , but JJ's really has been posting dreadful Shooting Percentages.

As I write this Post, JJ is 3-12 with 8 Points and 5 Assists. Last Night, I feel we won in spite of JJ. I realize Jump Shooters will continue to keep on Shooting, but his numbers have been rough. While I hope this is just a rough patch, it really has been difficult to watch him play like this.

Cheers,

JJ

• Like 1

He is not regressing. He's just been struggling with his shot lately. Shut up.

Joe has been struggling with his shot but now the team is winning those games as opposed to losing them.

More importantly respect your fellow posters. Everyone is free to enjoy this site and express their opinions in a respectful manner.

• Like 2

All of the open looks are probably throwing his shot off.

LOL. +1

Too early to get too concerned about Joe, but he's gotta start knocking them down. Every shooter goes through ebbs and flows...I am just thankful that we no longer have to rely on JJ having a good game in order for us to play well.

JJ is a volume scorer AND a volume shooter. He takes a lot of shots. He hits difficult

shots - over and over again. He misses the easy ones. You may have a good point.

He's not accustomed to having easy, wide open shots.

:shake_puter:

• Like 2

The obvious answer is that he has played 40+ minutes in each of the last 3 games. People talk about Woody running JJ into the ground, but JJ is playing major minutes under Drew as well.

And with Marvin potentially out tonight, JJ is officially our ONLY healthy SF.

I guess that means that Smith will be the backup SF, seeing that Drew doesn't trust Jordan Crawford eough to go with a 3 guard lineup off the bench.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I think he was just tired tonight...that and yeah, he's getting some quality looks and it's probably scaring the s*** out of him. lol On a side note, man this system sure is giving guys A LOT of quality looks.

It just looks as if he is in a shooting slump to me. Nothing more, nothing less. He has been a very willing passer and has gotten his teammates a lot of quality looks with the attention he draws from the defense. Once he gets on a roll, the Hawks will be tough for anyone to beat.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

He looked tired tonight to me from the back to back. I also agree with exodus that Joe is seeing a ton of wide open looks and I honestly think its throwing him off. He usually had to go one against five in Iso Joe mandated Woody He's No Goody offense so not having to make circus shots through traffic is throwing his shot off.

• Like 1

LD has to find the way to rest JJ even with the risk of losing a game e.g. vs Phoenix. It is nice to see the team on the top of conference but season isn't decided at its beginning and Hawks will need their leader healthy and fresh when it counts.

i am tired of all the excuses for jj a 120 million dollar man ought to be able to get you 20 pts. a night. im afraidt to think what might happen if we loose jamal if we constantly got to wait to allmost the end of the fourth qt. for joe to warm up.

I don't buy any notion of JJ being tired. He's well conditioned and its 5 games into the season. Its just a shooting slump.

well how long is acceptable for a shooting slump to last for the superstar of your team b/c 2 yrs. ago joe acctually went 2 months without scoring 20 pts.