• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Possibilities available?

Diesel

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Billups would be the best fit. He has all the things we want from a point guard: proven competitor, leadership, 3 point shooter, and defense. He would fit in well with the offense we have. He's not a true-true playmaker, but with the offense we are running...it's not that necessary.

Still, Steve Nash would still be my first choice out of anybody. If there was only a way...

I voted for Lowry but I only see it happening under one circumstance and this will be in Feb. If there is any team that needs Arenas, it's Orlando.

I think Billups would be the best fit. He has all the things we want from a point guard: proven competitor, leadership, 3 point shooter, and defense. He would fit in well with the offense we have. He's not a true-true playmaker, but with the offense we are running...it's not that necessary.

Still, Steve Nash would still be my first choice out of anybody. If there was only a way...

i'm for some reason split between beno and jack. haven't heard anything about sac wanting to trade beno though. neither are going to lift us to championship contender this season, but they are probably reasonable targets to consider. i think billups could be better than the rest, but i think we'd have to give up more than i'd want to part with for him.

i was looking for the nash option, too. he'd be my first choice, and i think he'll be available, though many assume if he goes anywhere it would be to the knicks. we'd have to give up a lot more to get nash like we would billups, but i think it'd be more worth it for nash. it still wouldn't help backcourt defense, but then maybe we could get jack too, or just pound it into teague to focus his energy on becoming a defender first and then a creator second.

• Premium Member

Here's some food for thought. I don't think Billups will be leaving Denver. He's a fixture in Co. I don't think Nash is leaving Phoenix. They got rid of everybody and he's still there.

My choice is Lowry. He's young, he's cheap, he's signed for a good while, he can score and he plays excellent defense. Houston needs punch and they'd take what we have to offer. I can't imagine Billups being as good as he is for much longer.

My choice is Lowry. He's young, he's cheap, he's signed for a good while, he can score and he plays excellent defense. Houston needs punch and they'd take what we have to offer. I can't imagine Billups being as good as he is for much longer.

Would Houston entertain Lowry/Battier for Crawford/Evans? We improve our team defense tremendously by adding Lowry and Battier. I think a SF rotation of Battier and Marvin would be solid. Houston does it for salary relief. They've got Brooks as their PG and Battier is an ending, but both Crawford and Evans are too.

Would Houston entertain Lowry/Battier for Crawford/Evans? We improve our team defense tremendously by adding Lowry and Battier. I think a SF rotation of Battier and Marvin would be solid. Houston does it for salary relief. They've got Brooks as their PG and Battier is an ending, but both Crawford and Evans are too.

:cant believe: WOW! This one could work but Battier hasn't been Battier of late and money might not hold it up. I think the Hawks will make moves but by Jan and Feb, this is one of those cards in pocket deals. I like the idea!

1. Jack - better on defense then Billups at this point in their careers. More of a long term solution. (Rated first b/c he is locked up for 3 years on a reasonable contract.

2. Billups - one of the most savy veterans in the league. Rated #2 due to contract situation. He could be a 1 year rental. Has a $14 mill team option for next season.

Nash is of course #1. I still believe he will be dealt by the trade-deadline to a Eastern Conference Team. If all they want is an expiring then we have Crawford and a crappy pick in the 20's. He is due $11 mill next year.

I like Lowry and Ford but neither can hit a perimeter shot. I want a PG who can hit a shot. I really like Lowry as one of the top 5 or 6 backup PGs in the league. He is not starter material in my opinion.

Edited by coachx

If the Suns are 5 games within the playoffs, no nash, since Nash is good, I doubt they will trade him.

• Moderators

Well if you have Tony Parker on any wish lists, you can cross him off for now. No way he comes to Atlanta with Brent Barry (poor guy) working here.

~lw3

That is rough for Barry - wouldn't wish that on anyone. It does mean, however, that if Erin Barry has roots here and Tony wants a future with her that maybe this isn't such a bad location. Financially, I don't think he has ever been on the radar.