• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Mavs

tomac

If the Hawks end up losing i am putting it squarely on Drew. There is no way Jamal should have played more than 30 minutes tonight.

35 minutes, 2-10 from the field with 5 TO's.

Also no defense.

Edited by ViperXX79

• Premium Member

that's ludicrous. He's arguably our best scorer. Put it on Jamal for not making shots.

Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford tonight were terrible. Why Drew wouldn't leave Jordan Crawford who sparked our team to the comeback and couldn't miss a shot, in the game and instead opted for the guy who was pretty much the main reason we were down close to 20 points to begin with is a complete mystery... This is the second time the team has played at home against an opponent on the tail end of the back to back and we almost got smoked both times. Really, if it weren't for Jordan Crawford we would have lost by 20 tonight.

I give this Hawks performance a D+. And Larry Drew gets an F.

Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford tonight were terrible. Why Drew wouldn't leave Jordan Crawford who sparked our team to the comeback and couldn't miss a shot, in the game and instead opted for the guy who was pretty much the main reason we were down close to 20 points to begin with is a complete mystery... This is the second time the team has played at home against an opponent on the tail end of the back to back and we almost got smoked both times. Really, if it weren't for Jordan Crawford we would have lost by 20 tonight.

I give this Hawks performance a D+. And Larry Drew gets an F.

I wouldnt grade the Hawks that bad. Horford had a 20/20 game and Smith played well. Bibby and Jordan shot well.

Everyone else was garbage.

• Premium Member

I wouldnt grade the Hawks that bad. Horford had a 20/20 game and Smith played well. Bibby and Jordan shot well.

Everyone else was garbage.

Shouldn't we have these type of games in the bag??? Playing a team on their second of a back to back while we have had 3+ days of rest? The performance for the first two quarters and a half in this game was a total debacle. At least Miami lost to Memphis tonight. We need somebody to give Josh and Horf some help because we are basically wasting All NBA play by these two guys the last few weeks.

Or that they don't take their advice from reactionary message boards posters, but whatever..

When you look at all the moves they,ve made...Maybe they should start taking some advice.

Maybe then they wouldn't be capped out on a mediocre team that can only beat the jobber teams of the league. It's bern nearly a month and the best team they have beat is Indiana. Yikes!

• Premium Member

Shouldn't we have these type of games in the bag??? Playing a team on their second of a back to back while we have had 3+ days of rest? The performance for the first two quarters and a half in this game was a total debacle. At least Miami lost to Memphis tonight. We need somebody to give Josh and Horf some help because we are basically wasting All NBA play by these two guys the last few weeks.

The help they need has a name: Troy Murphy.

He can't make a shot and has 5 turnovers. Meanwhile Bibby has made 4 threes and Jordan scored 10 points in 11 minutes. If a guy is off sit him down.

C'mon exodus...you should know better than that by now. It doesn't matter who is hot or who is cold...who has a favorable matchup and who doesn't...we just do the same thing over and over every game no matter the situation...we just take turns. :kickcan:

Glad I didn't watch this one. Seems like coaching, poor subs, terrible bench play (sans Crawford Jr.), and garbage play from some of our "stars" let us down tonight. We still can't beat a good team...hell, we can't even show up at home. This team is as frustrating as it is inept at playing consistently.

I don't blame Drew for taking Jordan out. His first 4 shots were a great boost to our team, but after that he went 0-2 with a turnover and extremely poor defense. Things were going south in a hurry and Jamal is a proven vet who can get hot out of nowhere. This game falls strictly on Joe and Jamal for playing awful. They had 7 turnovers to 6 made shots. If they just went 7-24 we may have won.

• Like 1

The help they need has a name: Troy Murphy.

Troy Murphy is not what this team is missing, what this team is missing is a major shakeup. We need a #1 option, I am glad that LD knows Joe isn't that guy and is coaching like it offensively. Defensively, I rather do what we did last year because that worked better during the season. This defense will not cut it in the season and playoffs. At least switching worked till the playoffs.

Tonight was one of the few times each season that I am in the Atlanta area and get to attend a Hawks game. Here are my thoughts observations from the night.

Several thoughts on Smoove:

a. He was easily and obviously the most talented player in the gym to me. No one else even close, in my opinion. It was obvious to me just by the way he moves and the ease with which he does things.

b. I disagree with whoever said that he (Josh) had a good game. Not in my opinion. What I observed was a complete lethargy. Like he was completely uninterested and had better things to do that play a game tonight. It seemed to start when Marvin missed a wide-open jumper early. Smoove had a chance for the rebound but chose to turned in disgust and didn't even make an attempt. A few minutes later, he became furious at Marvin again after he(Smoove) threw a pass intended for Marvin out of bounds on a break. It was clearly Smoove's fault. After that, his facial expression remained unchanged and disinterested for the remainder of the game --- save for the tech. The dunks were the result of good interior passing by his teamates. Nothing impressive about dunks to me.

c. His (Smoove's) effort on the boards was embarrassing. And I do mean effort -- not the resulting stats. There was no effort. It was noticed by many people sitting around me also.

Joe ---- never looked interested at any point. His shot selection was horrible, in my opinion. He jacked-up one long jumper after another with guys all over him. Very poor performance.

Al ----- had a great game by the numbers, although I was startled when I looked up and saw that he had a 20/20 game going. Had I been at the same game? His mid-range jumper is getting even better and he was quite impressive late inside as well. He certainly is at a size disadvantage against other NBA bigs. Chandler, Dirk and Haywood are all much bigger.

Jamal --- we don't want to go here. Had good looks. Could not make shots. That late turnover was horribly costly. He didn't even seem bothered by it --- which bothered me more than anything. No one else on the team seemed bothered either. They had all seemed to give-up a long time ago --- except Al.

Marvin: Here what I *don't see* when I watch Marvin: I do not see a guy with tremendous talent/potential who "just needs to be more assertive". I see a :15 minute per game back-up journeyman.

Teague: May never get a second NBA contract.

Jordan: This kid showed me some game and some style and attitude to go along with it. He's got "something" that kept me watching him more than most of the other players. He was HUGE in one of the failed comeback attempts.

Dallas --- I saw a team that was dead. Dirk missed a number of free-throws, air-balled a wide-open jumper and wasn't even close on a number of shots that he normally makes in his sleep. JT was the only one that semed to register any gas in the tank --- along with Deshawn S -- who is a pretty good perimeter defender.

The Hawks played like a bunch of guys who had been away from their jobs so long that they resented having to leave the house and come down to work tonight. They did not seem to care about this game whatsoever. Sad for those of us who payed to see it. Dallas had a excuse and they still gave more effort than the Hawks.

The Hawks reliance on long jumpers bothers me, especially when they are one of the more impressive teams I have seen at interior passing. We may not have pure post-up guys -- but when posting-turning and facing, Al and Josh seem to make positive things happen more often than not.

If I had to make a quick observation without any history or past observation --- I'd say that I had observed a team that is in the process of quitting on each other.

CS

Marvin has gone from somewhat promising in 2008 to average in 2009 to downright bad in 2010. We should trade that guy as soon as possible while we can still get anything for him.

I guess Diesel was right after all.

Marvin wasn't that bad, he was just average and was missing open jumpers. Many just pay attention to him when he screw up.

Marvin wasn't that bad, he was just average and was missing open jumpers. Many just pay attention to him when he screw up.

Not really, I dont see him screwing up much....really I just dont see him. It's been this way for years, I like the guy but he is the WORST starter we have on this team.....Its well beyond time for us to stop acting like he's not garbage bc frankly he is...I dont bash our players often but I'm tired......tired of Marv and Jamal...get em out of here NOW!!!!!