• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign Damien Wilkins

DeacKillsaDevil

Damien Wilkins last season he averaged 10.2 pp36 minutes - far below Marvin's lowest season ever. I don't see any basis in the numbers for your claims but I hope you are right because I like Wilkins, think he has enough diversity of skill to be able to be a role player with us, and really hope he succeeds. If he is good enough to supplant Marvin, then all the better.

I doubt he will supplant Marvin. But he is not far off considering the price.

HAWKSQUAWK TRIVIA QUESTION (fill in the blank):

In 2009, the Thunder traded Damien Wilkins and Chucky Atkins to the Wolves for ____ ______ and two second-round picks.

~lw3

That has to be our resident poet, problem is I can't figure out when Etan was on the TWolves. Who did they trade to Washington for him?

• Moderators

That has to be our resident poet, problem is I can't figure out when Etan was on the TWolves. Who did they trade to Washington for him?

You are correct!

And Etan was part of the package to acquire Mike Miller and Randy Foye from the Wolves. For their trouble, Minny got Etan, Stewie and Darius Songaila. Oh, and a first-rounder (that turned into the great Ricky Rubio).

~lw3

He has gave us more than Etan could ever dream of in just one game.

– It’s just one game, but Al is sold: “I love that. I love his intensity. I love his toughness on defense. It’s something we need. I’m saying it now: I hope we keep him and he’s with us for the long run. A guy like that can be helpful.”

I don't want to blow things out of proportion after one game, but I have got to agree with Al about Damien. I guess I am partly biased, reading a few days ago that Damien was actually excited to play for the Hawks and mentioning things like "dream come true" and "favorite team of all-time" and "nervous" in reference to his first game was very refreshing.