• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign Damien Wilkins

DeacKillsaDevil

I know CoachX is ecstatic.

I most def am !

I'm a big Wilkens fan from his days at UGA. The guy played everything from PG to PF for us under Harrick. He has a high BBIQ. He has his best games in Atlanta. I like him more then Mo Evans for sure. He is a much better ball handler and passer then Mo and is bigger. Both are above average on defense. I hope Wilkens is in shape enough to play.

One thing is for sure. If Marvin pulls his dissapearing act Damien will give quality minutes. at SF. He has the handles to play SG too.

Edited by coachx

Larry Drew must really hate Jordan Crawford. :question:

The kid is a rook.....and doesn't offer size on the wings which is what the team lacks when it lost it's 6'8" 240lbs starter. The team would be foolish to not address that need during Joe's absence.

• Like 1

About two seasons late, but yay.

~lw3

:biggrin: Very glad to read this! It makes sense since while CrawSr will still be a 6th man, he will be even more of a "starter off the bench" in JJ absence. Also seems like a logical move since we are in need of a backup to Marvin at SF and Mo?? I hope he gets a few minutes right off the bat...he should be comfortable here. Good on Sund!

I am pretty excited about this too. He always did light it up against us. Maybe playing here in ATL will be what he needs to make the most of his talent on a consistant basis. I am wondering though why he's available? Looks like he has not been playing this year. Hope he is in shape.

... Looks like he has not been playing this year. Hope he is in shape.

Well he is still young and I would imagine he's been working out. He certainly won't have to worry about going for 20-30 minutes anyway. I just hope we don't do him like we did that 6-10 guy awhile back who came here on a ten-day and never even got in a game.

I don't think we will though. Everybody knows he can play the game some and likely is out of the league this year due to numbers/vet status. One bad thing about the stars making the huge mega-bucks is that it often causes the owners to try and save pocket change on their bench players.

I really like the move and hope Damien can give us some offense and energy off the bench a few times. It's unrealistic to expect JP to suddenly become a 12 ppg guy every night - and really - if JP hadn't stepped up in the Memphis game we probably lose it. Damien should give LD another card to play.

P.S. - I haven't been following Damien lately but IHeart (above) saw him in Memphis training camp - so he can't be out of shape much - that isn't that long ago.

Edited by DJlaysitup