• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There was a game last night

macdaddy

• Premium Member

I guess fans have lost interest. Did I miss the game thread. I apologize if i did. Did anyone watch the game? I'll admit I didn't. How about a report.

I watched until halftime, then l went to bed. Crawford was sizzling, Horf couldnt buy a basket. We went with the big lineup to start the game.

Joe shot well.

Jamal shot well.

Josh was inspired.

Teague barely played.

Horf struggled.

Drew put the bench in and then was rewarded with the vanishing of a 20 pt cushion.

Up and down game so no Twin for most of it.

Zaza had a few dunks.

Nique got to say nimbers a lot.

We had a 20 point 4th quarter lead with about 5 minutes to go. Drew sat the starters a little early (b/c we play Utah 23 hours from tip off). The bench totally collapsed. They were ice cold and the Kings were in attack mode agaisnt our stiff legs. The Kings cut it to 12 and Drew put the starters back in. The Kings eventually cut it to 5 and played a very long version of the "foul game." Both Joe and Crawford got about 6 extra points each b/c of the "foul game" allowing Joe to finish with 29 and Crawford to finish with 31. The Hawks defense was horrendous in the 4th quarter. They were letting Cousins attack them off the dribble which is just inexcusable.

Bibby looked pretty good in front of his fans in Sac-Town. I hope he has some gas in the tank for tonight.

A road win is good but the Hawks packed it in early last night and got a little scare.

On the plus side. Collins really heald Cousins in check and frustrated him a bit in the 1st quarter. Horford really struggled with Cousins in the 4th quarter though.

Edited by coachx

I guess fans have lost interest. Did I miss the game thread. I apologize if i did. Did anyone watch the game? I'll admit I didn't. How about a report.

Bibby was a beast on the boards. Great shot prior to the second half, showing him reading the printed box score they hand out. He was pointing something out to whoever was next to him on the bench and laughing about it, presumably his rebound total.

I don't bother creating game threads any more. Usually i just wind up talking to myself. I think there are a lot of people in the chat but i am not a fan of being in chat when watching a game.

They had a solid lead most of the game but then got lazy late, started turning it over and Sactown made a run. it is pretty lame that they couldn't put them away but it was nice to see JJ and Crawford have big games.

• Admin

Probably Joe's best shooting night. The shots were falling for him and he looked comfortable.

Cousins really impressed me in the 4th. He is going to be some player in this league if he gets his head on straight.

We got complacent in the 4th and was throwing the ball away on stupid stuff. We need to play with focus for 4 quarters. There is a reason why it is hard for a team to keep a big lead.

Is Powell hurt?

• Premium Member

Probably Joe's best shooting night. The shots were falling for him and he looked comfortable.Cousins really impressed me in the 4th. He is going to be some player in this league if he gets his head on straight.

We got complacent in the 4th and was throwing the ball away on stupid stuff. We need to play with focus for 4 quarters. There is a reason why it is hard for a team to keep a big lead.

Is Powell hurt?

JJ looked about as good as he's looked since he's been here. I really hope this means he's 'back' and the 6-20 days are over. J Powell, J Teague, and JC2 are all missing in action. Too bad, because the bench needs a lift other than Jamal.

• Premium Member

What I wanna know is did anyone hear Dominique call Evans "stupid"???

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Classic Nique on the mic. I lol'd so hard.........I could just picture Bob sitting there looking at Nique like, "WTF man!?"

Edited by Wretch

• Premium Member

What I wanna know is did anyone hear Dominique call Evans "stupid"???

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Classic Nique on the mic. I lol'd so hard.........I could just picture Bob sitting there looking at Nique like, "WTF man!?"

He pretty much called Cousins stupid as well. They both kind of deserved it at the time. They make Smoove look like John Stockton. It was just dumb play after dumb play. The talent is there but those guys are going to have to mature for Sacto to compete in the West. I actually liked Cousins coming out of Kentucky, but there's something about that kid that is a little off. It's like you're not sure if he'll become the next Tim Duncan or the next Benoit Benjamin.