• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Hawks make a Trade?

PaceRam

Not that I want him traded but I think that Josh Smith is our biggest trading piece and we can get the most for him. We need a starter with a post game. We shoot too many jumpers. I would prefer moving Smoove for a real low post player like Zach Randolph for example.

We need to get out of the mindset that we need to get better talent when in reality we need better fits for what we will make us a better team. That's not always a more talented player but rather a player who fits your team better. Why do you think guys like Ariza, Hedo, and Posey look like all stars in certain systems but straight garbage in others.

Not that I want him traded but I think that Josh Smith is our biggest trading piece and we can get the most for him. We need a starter with a post game. We shoot too many jumpers. I would prefer moving Smoove for a real low post player like Zach Randolph for example.

We need to get out of the mindset that we need to get better talent when in reality we need better fits for what we will make us a better team. That's not always a more talented player but rather a player who fits your team better. Why do you think guys like Ariza, Hedo, and Posey look like all stars in certain systems but straight garbage in others.

What's the purpose of trading talent for middling talent. The results will be the same. The teams above us are better. After these trades, they are still better. You don't make trades just to make them, you make them to help you win. You trade Smith for Zach R. You just got worst, who can protect the basket outside of Smith. With Zach R. and Horford, we are basically last years T'Wolves with worst players. Do you have a true #1 option, no. Do you have a PG who can create, no. That's the problem. We can only upgrade majority if we want to get the next level. An elite PnR PG or an All Star center but there isn't an all star center like Bogut or Lopez. Other then that, just keep this team together.

When Denver trades Melo they will be left with ZERO small forwards... and Marvin becomes our trading chip! Denver will probably rebuild around Lawson, Favors, Nene... and Marvin fits that plan too as he's still young with decent potential...

Perhaps (as already suggested) we can make a play for Harris and later attempt to re-sign Crawford (3 yrs max) 'cause he's important part of our offense (basically the only bench contributor)...

P.S. We would have to make another trade for a serviceable SF in order to fill the gap... (maybe trade Teague, 'cause I'd love to keep Bibby behind Harris).

When Denver trades Melo they will be left with ZERO small forwards... and Marvin becomes our trading chip! Denver will probably rebuild around Lawson, Favors, Nene... and Marvin fits that plan too as he's still young with decent potential...

Perhaps (as already suggested) we can make a play for Harris and later attempt to re-sign Crawford (3 yrs max) 'cause he's important part of our offense (basically the only bench contributor)...

P.S. We would have to make another trade for a serviceable SF in order to fill the gap... (maybe trade Teague, 'cause I'd love to keep Bibby behind Harris).

I hope your're right about that. I don't share your optimism though. Marvin has had plenty of time to prove his REAL worth and I am afraid his value is minimal.

I hope your're right about that. I don't share your optimism though. Marvin has had plenty of time to prove his REAL worth and I am afraid his value is minimal.

It seems we'll have some stiff competition if we want to acquire Harris as his former employer would just love to have him back... I just read on Hoopshype that Dallas will try to get him back!

Bolded... For who though?

When was the last time this team pulled off a big deal that wasn't taking other people's trash like Mike Bibby and Jamal Crawford?

Face it, this team isn't doing anything. Ownership doesn't have the money and Sund doesn't have the abilities to bring in quality players. If it wasn't for the Hawks, Rick Sund likely wouldn't be a GM right now. Sund is way worse than Knight. Even amongst his flaws, Knight had some ambitious idea's and an actually had some desires to improve the team.

It's so frustrating that teams have made deals to improve and this team does nothing.

• Premium Member

When was the last time this team pulled off a big deal that wasn't taking other people's trash like Mike Bibby and Jamal Crawford?

Face it, this team isn't doing anything. Ownership doesn't have the money and Sund doesn't have the abilities to bring in quality players. If it wasn't for the Hawks, Rick Sund likely wouldn't be a GM right now. Sund is way worse than Knight. Even amongst his flaws, Knight had some ambitious idea's and an actually had some desires to improve the team.

It's so frustrating that teams have made deals to improve and this team does nothing.

Sund is a puppet, babysitting this thing until...actually, I have no idea what our ownership is doing. Waiting for someone with money to buy in? Waiting for a miracle to fall out of the sky?

Devin Harris back in Dalls... Deven and Roy at the 1 and 2... Looks like he's slowly being picked up on the radar again.

Edited by Wretch

Sund is a puppet, babysitting this thing until...actually, I have no idea what our ownership is doing. Waiting for someone with money to buy in? Waiting for a miracle to fall out of the sky?

Devin Harris back in Dalls... Deven and Roy at the 1 and 2... Looks like he's slowly being picked up on the radar again.

I'd love to see ownership try and sell me why I should continue watching this crap. I only tune in now when I'm really bored, but I'd like to hear their reasoning for doing nothing. You know they'd never admit that they can't support the team. But it would be amusing to hear the line of crap they most likely would spew out.

Almost nobody could have done a poorer job than what Atlanta Spirit has done.

• Premium Member

I'd love to see ownership try and sell me why I should continue watching this crap. I only tune in now when I'm really bored, but I'd like to hear their reasoning for doing nothing. You know they'd never admit that they can't support the team. But it would be amusing to hear the line of crap they most likely would spew out.

Almost nobody could have done a poorer job than what Atlanta Spirit has done.

I agree Hot. It is very frustrating following this team. Gearon and the spirit are a complete failure and a joke to add. The Spirit dont have a clue of what to do. We are now behind Miami, Boston, Orlando, and Chicago, with Milwaukee moving up.

Don't count on any deals with this bunch.

I will play the voice of Rick Sund answering this question. Ahem....We as an organization are confident that the current constitution of our team is capable of contending for a championship. Our team has good chemistry and we are pleased with our overall performance and thus do not see the need to pursue any trades. We will however entertain any proposals that could improve our chances to bring a championship to this franchise should they become available. Thank you, no further questions.

I feel like the thread should of ended on this.

Could u imagine our team if we did these two trades

Marvin &Mo for Steve Nash...

Actually...if our ownership could trade Marvin and Mo for nothing and some sort of trade exception where they could get out of Marvin's contract they would do it in a heartbeat.

Marvin and Mo (Mo to a lesser degree) can only be traded as filler on a larger deal. Nobody else in the NBA wants Marvin...period. :kickcan:

I don't think we will be making any trades, or significant ones for that matter, anytime soon. As everyone knows, for years now we've been, and are, committed to our "core". Here we are sitting nicely at 25-14 and fighting for home court. The teams ahead of us are all really talented, and we're hanging in there record wise. I looked at our next 15-16 games, and a dozen of those games are against teams with losing records. In our GM and owners eyes, why fix it if it ain't broke? We'll continue to win, and march towards another successful regular season...but the playoffs loom, and we still have the same team we had vs. Orlando last year....