• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ATL vs MIL

99PROBL3MS

Josh deserves his share of blame. I for one dont blame him too much because its not exactly a newsflash how mentally challenged he is (get a college education kids. Furthermore, don't go to Christian Academies that are known for grooming professional athletes instead of scholars) It's up to the coach to think for him a lot of the time. But watching Bibby on the end of the floor where we are supposed to play defense was embarrassing. What Boykins lacks in size, he makes up for in intelligence. On second thought, a complete bafoon should realize that threre's ALWAYS a clear, free, and easy path into the paint whenever you see #10 in front of you for a split second or two. Goodness. Forget a center and Melo. If we don't get a PG who can defend (certainly not Nash) by the deadline, we'll have to check Sund's pulse.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Milwaukee scored 34 points in the 4th quarter. They scored an average of 21.3 the other 3. That's why they lost. Crappy 4th quarter defense loses games every time.

Before you guys ship Smith out of town, I'd like to point out he is the only Hawk of the starting 5 to have a positive +/- for the night.

In order.

Bibby -14

Horford -13

Johnson -6

Collins -4 (13+ minutes)

Smith +1

Notables

Marvin -6 (12+ minutes)

Evans -5 (13+ minutes)

3 blocked shots by Smith (0 for rest of team) 11 rebounds (led team).

• Like 1

Milwaukee scored 34 points in the 4th quarter. They scored an average of 21.3 the other 3. That's why they lost. Crappy 4th quarter defense loses games every time.

Before you guys ship Smith out of town, I'd like to point out he is the only Hawk of the starting 5 to have a positive +/- for the night.

In order.

Bibby -14

Horford -13

Johnson -6

Collins -4 (13+ minutes)

Smith +1

Notables

Marvin -6 (12+ minutes)

Evans -5 (13+ minutes)

Sorry but you can't sugar coat shooting 6-20 for the game, 1-5 from 3. Taking and missing the big shots in the 4th, just jacking 3's like a mad man. It wasn't as if Al or Joe was ice cold, Josh just wants to be the man, which he ain't. Cost us the game. Even with so-so defense in the 4th, the Bucks missed plenty of shots, if we were smart on the offensive end, we still could have won.

In order.

Bibby -14

Horford -13

Johnson -6

Collins -4 (13+ minutes)

Smith +1

Notables

Marvin -6 (12+ minutes)

Evans -5 (13+ minutes)

I respect stats as much as the next man, but some nights you have to throw them out. I think the frustration comes from Josh's mistakes that are sooooooo easily correctable/ avoidable if he just took a second to use his head. We all knew his success early on from the perimeter would come back to bite us much more than it could ever bolster us.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

LD should no longer be "willing to live" with poor shot selection in crunch time, particularly Joshua and Joseph. That is, unless he is "willing to live" without his pittance of a coaches' salary in a couple years.

How many JV high schoolers in the metro area are thinking right now they can blow by the Hawks' point "guards"?

~lw3

First and foremost why in the f*** is Mo Evans wearing a headband like he's important

Josh Smith needs to be dealt, im glad Jeff got off the bench i know he's been waiting on that

and LD needs to start being a coach and not a friend to the players.

Now I am a BIG Josh Smith fan but tonight I wanted to throw one of my paint buckets (painting my living room) at his face, so that he will get the message. WORK IN THE PAINT!!! This loss was not totally his fault, but he contributed to it in a very big way.

And why in the hell is Delfino always open for three??? This was the same question that I had during the playoffs last year. SMH.

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

Can't possibly be Josh's fault, taking long jumpers as a primary rebounder can't possibly lead to transition buckets. There's no need to run out to Ilyasova either on the corner three with 4 seconds left on the shot clock, he can't possibly shoot in that situation. Headbutt a defender because he's not letting you get off that jumper you want so badly. Now don't bother noticing the guy driving to the basket for a layup because you are too busy with your back turned talking to the ref. None of these things had an influence on the outcome of the game, it was all Bibby's fault.

Yeah the layup by Boykins when he blew by Bibby and everybody had their backs turned typified the lack of concentration and awareness needed to win that game. You have to put your foot on the neck of a road opponent and until this team realizes that then the meltdowns every now and then will continue. Seems like we've been here before. :beathorse:

Like I was saying in the chat I blame Mo's headband.....but since you guys aren't listening to me I guess I'll talk about something else

No need for me to harp on Josh anymore bc my fellow squawkers have done that enuf......but I do think its time to get the guy out of here, he is what he is....he's always wanted to b a shooter and his small success at the beginning of the year gave him (in his mind) the right to shoot for the rest of his career....the player that we all want him to be will never actually show up....get him out NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and this isnt some knee jerk reaction from one game, just boiled over after this game

• Like 1