• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Marvin fighting thread

niremetal

• Premium Member

WTF happened with Marvin and Shawne at the end there? It looks like Shawne said something to set Marvin off. Any predictions as to what it was? MC has some reportin' to do on this one...

Damn shame. After a rusty start, Marvin had a good game. Now he's gonna get suspended, right after he came back from his injury.

Edited by niremetal

It didn't seem like Williams was doing too much to deserve that shove from Marvin and then it broke out into punches so I'm guessing there must have been some pretty heated words and aggression before that but man that was shocking and just when we get our whole starting lineup back now we're going to have to go without Marvin for at least a game since he'll surely be suspended.

And Josh will also probably get a call and maybe a fine from the league office for that giant balls thing that he did, although it was pretty funny.

I'm so happy to see some fire out of Marvin. Didn't think he had it in him.

Very heated game tonight... Glad the Hawks won. I loved Al pumping up the crowd---freaking amazing.

Again, I don't care how long Marvin is suspended for. I was very happy to see him get into the fight. We need that out of him.

• Like 3

45 seconds left...you need to keep your cool. However I don't know what was said between the two. Glad to see no one else will be suspended.

I wonder how many games Marv will get. It seems that he threw the first punch

I dunno it looked to me like Shawne threw the first punch but Marvin clearly instigated the fighting with that unnecessary shove. I had no idea that Marvin had that kinda fire in him though as he looked like he was ready to murder someone. Thank God he didn't get a wild punch in and hit Josh Smith in the face or something!

You could see the fight coming from the inbound. Shawne was slapping Marvin's arm each time Marvin tried to get some separation, and Marvin was getting pretty agitated. Not a justifiable reason to start a fight, but you gotta love some intensity from Marvin.

The part I REALLY didn't like was Marvin pushing off LD when he tried to hold him back. You don't disrespect the coach like that no matter the circumstances.

Edited by SmooveZilla
  • Like 1

• Admin

Yah Yah, Marvin is so cool for not backing down, except this is not the school playground, this is the NBA. We don't need Maurice evans starting against Dallas.

I agree, I would have liked to have Marvin against the Mavs.

I did like to see the fire though

• Like 1

• Admin

You could see the fight coming from the inbound. Shawne was slapping Marvin's arm each time Marvin tried to get some separation, and Marvin was getting pretty agitated. Not a justifiable reason to start a fight, but you gotta love some intensity from Marvin.

The part I REALLY didn't like was Marvin pushing off LD when he tried to hold him back. You don't disrespect the coach like that no matter the circumstances.

I think he was seeing Red.

I'm so happy to see some fire out of Marvin. Didn't think he had it in him.

Very heated game tonight... Glad the Hawks won. I loved Al pumping up the crowd---freaking amazing.

Again, I don't care how long Marvin is suspended for. I was very happy to see him get into the fight. We need that out of him.

He had a little rivalry with some foreign guy that played in Utah 4 or 5 years ago. I think they got in two fights, once during the Summer League. Nice to see him passionate, but it's too bad it had to be a fight. I can't wait for Diesel to say he just wanted more time off.

• Like 2

I think it was good to see that Marvin actually does care about something. I really think that it would have been great to have him for the game tomorrow, especially after the back-to-back. For some reason I feel like Damien is going to step up tomorrow.

Also just saw on the Hawks Live Final thing that earlier in the game when Marv was going for a rebound Shawne Williams pushed Marvin down. I have no idea if this has anything to do with the fight at the end, but it might.

LOL at Josh Saying "I guess he just snapped." WHen asked about the fight at the end.

Yeah Blunt...Josh also said this was the second time.

On the positive side, the first time was in a K-Mart when Marvin was 5 years old....so he should be OK for the rest of his career :rolleyes:

Apparently, it came out that Shawne stole his blankie before the game. After Etan Thomas told Marvin that before the timeout prior to the fight, Marvin snapped.

But seriously, what Marvin did was stupid. Keep your cool man. The game was all but over with both the lead and the remaining time left. Why can't you demonstrate THAT intensity on the court during the game (sans the fighting) as opposed to the timid Spongebob-loving passive-aggressor you usually are? We don't need to be down extra players, as minimally contributing as they may be, against quality teams.

• Like 1