• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are the Hawks playing the Raps tonight?

Sothron

• Premium Member

I think they just landed, if Twitters are to be believed.

~lw3

Twitter for team flight updates. Man, what a fascinating modern age we live in. Seriously.

• Like 1

I'm expecting the Hawks will have their hands full with Ed Davis and Amir Johnson, particularly whenever Bargs draws the centers away from the basket. Both are playing much better of late.

~lw3

Smoove and Horford should have a feast in the paint tonight. There is no reason why both should not have 15 + points and 10 + rebounds vs. their frontcourt........especially with Reggie Evans missing.

Horford will have a challenge of staying out of foul trouble when defending Bargs. Marvin would play heavy minutes tonight if he were avavailable. Either Mo or Damien will need to step up.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

That's the kind of game Hawks will sleepwalk for three quarters and will try to win it all in the 4th. Just lazy, sloppy basketball.

Why are they so good in B2B games? Something tells me that they like to party and they don't time to before the second they.

• Premium Member

To Nique: It's Amir not Jameer....Amir not Jameer....Amir not Jameer.

LOL I know what you mean. The last time we played them I was watching it at home with the wife and Nique the first quarter said his name correctly but after that it was "Jameer" and not "Amir". We made it a drinking game (diet mountain dew for me, pepsi throwback for her) that we would drink each time Nique said the name incorrectly. If we were drinking anything harder we'd be well and truly smashed at the end of the game.

Raps are a horrible team right now. They shouldn't be able to get close in the second half, win's a win though.

Josh would have get foul call on that dunk (he was pushed by Calderon) if he haven't had been whining to the refs the whole damn game.

Joe with another big game, Al's been quiet lately, Bibb's shot is off, Jamal turned into spot up shooter, Mo was hot, Jeff had like 4 turnovers in 15 mins but also several good plays, Zaza moved well without the ball but wasn't rebounding well, the ball moved well.

Iso Jamal at the end of a quarter hasn't been working for some time.

• Premium Member

Nique was especially irritating last night. How many times did he say: "Like I said....The Hawks can get anything they want."

• Moderators

Totally right about the iso Jamal at the end of the quarter. I hate that. I like Teague. In my opinion he doesn't hurt us anymore than Bibby at this point and he makes a lot of nice plays. If Bibby ain't shooting well I say give Teague more minutes.

I"ve actually started liking Nique. He's got character... and he's good with nimbers.

• Moderators

Totally right about the iso Jamal at the end of the quarter. I hate that. I like Teague. In my opinion he doesn't hurt us anymore than Bibby at this point and he makes a lot of nice plays. If Bibby ain't shooting well I say give Teague more minutes.

I"ve actually started liking Nique. He's got character... and he's good with nimbers.

We used to run those epic fail iso-Flip plays. Like you, they seem to me to be designed to get a low % shot.

I thought the Hawks had a good performance last night. Not domninant, but good. The Hawks big 3 (JJ, Al and Josh) all played well- correction- JJ was out of his mind last night. Going forward, the team really needs to develop the idea that they can burry teams in the first half of games and never let up no matter how much they are ahead by. The guys seem to get too complacent and just take the first jump shot available when they get up.

Star of the game: JJ

Honerable mention: Smith

Goat: Teague

Teague, ugh. Turn over machine and out of control for most of the time he was in the game. I just don't see impact pg in his future.

• Like 1