Congratulations To Our All Stars

MaceCase

Just figured we should have an appreciation thread for our 5 time All Star Joe Johnson and his now 2 time team mate and co-captain Al Horford.

We can debate who got snubbed in other threads but this one should be strictly for support. It was not too long ago when this franchise could barely get one of our players into the showcase and now we have not one but two perennial guys.

Let's get em fellas!

:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Like 2

• Moderators

Getting back was an uphill climb for both, especially if the NBA coaches listened to the media and fans grasping for reasons to snub/ignore any and all Hawks. Congrats to both for standing out and earning their way back in.

~lw3

• Premium Member

I will add my congratulations too!

There's some Joe hate in the room... saying that Al was productive all year and Joe wasn't?

Right now, Joe is 20, 5.5, 4.2

This is where he usually is.

Thing is that his FG% are down a bit. Give it time.

This could end up being a career year for Joe.

But my point. What other player in the East can match Joe's 20, 5, and 4?

Right now, Captain Jack is 19, 5, 4 but shooting worse than Joe.

Felton is 17, 9, 4 but he's shooting worse than Joe, turnovers are high, and plays on a lesser team.

Trivia...

Did you know that before Joe came to Atlanta, he shot ~48% from 3? (177/370)

He was not a first option. That says that if we got a big who could play inside, Joe would be even better.

Getting back was an uphill climb for both, especially if the NBA coaches listened to the media and fans grasping for reasons to snub/ignore any and all Hawks. Congrats to both for standing out and earning their way back in.

~lw3

I think they both deserve it....they have both played well...plus, they keep the Tat level down...very important to Mr. Stern who hopes to make the NBA more mainstream. Last thing he wants is more painted up wildmen running around on National TV when he's trying to grow the league fan base.

• Like 1

I think they both deserve it....they have both played well...plus, they keep the Tat level down...very important to Mr. Stern who hopes to make the NBA more mainstream. Last thing he wants is more painted up wildmen running around on National TV when he's trying to grow the league fan base.

Not sure what tats have to do with anything. Lebron and Shaq have been two of the most marketable players in the league and they are tatted out the wazoo. Then there's you Derons, Kobes, Carmelos, Roses, and Amar'es of this year's Al Star bunch. Jamal is our most media savvy player on the roster and is also done up to the gills. Tats would be an issue if this was the 50s but nowadays they are as accepted as earrings

I will add my congratulations too!

There's some Joe hate in the room... saying that Al was productive all year and Joe wasn't?

Right now, Joe is 20, 5.5, 4.2

This is where he usually is.

Thing is that his FG% are down a bit. Give it time.

This could end up being a career year for Joe.

But my point. What other player in the East can match Joe's 20, 5, and 4?

Right now, Captain Jack is 19, 5, 4 but shooting worse than Joe.

Felton is 17, 9, 4 but he's shooting worse than Joe, turnovers are high, and plays on a lesser team.

Trivia...

Did you know that before Joe came to Atlanta, he shot ~48% from 3? (177/370)

He was not a first option. That says that if we got a big who could play inside, Joe would be even better.

Yes he did shoot a high percentage in 3's with the Suns and you're right he wasn't a first option. He was 4th behind Stoudamire, Nash, and Marion in 04....but it doesn't say that if we could get a big that he would do better because the Suns didn't have a big in 04 unless you count Stoudamire but Horford is just as capable as Amare. They were a run n gun team with no bigs

Nevertheless, congrats to both Joe and Horford. I love Joe's game, he is smooth as heck and as for Horford, he is just an awesome young stud. :beer:

Hopefully Joe isn't peaking too early. I would love to see him play like this in the playoffs.

Al keeps improving year after year and expect him to get even better next year. The day the Hawks drafted him should be a national holiday in Atlanta :)