• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would we lose by starting Teague?

Wurider05

• Premium Member

Really would we be any worse off by starting Teague right now? I know that he is still raw but my goodness he would be an upgrade over Bibby. Bibby is a one-trick pony who can't even do that trick anymore. Seriously what do we have to lose?

Games.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Games.

I disagree. I don't see what he is going to do worse than Bibby and I like Bibby. Lets face it Joe, Jamal and Josh are the main playmakers anyway. I think Teague will bring a more uptempo game and working with the starters for a while he'll improve rapidly.

Really would we be any worse off by starting Teague right now? I know that he is still raw but my goodness he would be an upgrade over Bibby. Bibby is a one-trick pony who can't even do that trick anymore. Seriously what do we have to lose?

Well to be fair...one trick is better than no tricks at all.

We should start Teague it's not like we're about to win a championship to be real, at least him to develop like other young pgs with gameplay do ala Rondo, D WIlliams, Devin Harris. Of course he gone make mistakes but I've seen him play in college when he's 100% confident and he topped players like Ty Lawson easily because of his quickness, athletic ability, and his shot isn't that bad. Bibby's getting old, this could pay off...

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'd just like to see Teague playing more with starters in the game. He doesn't have to start. Bibby's value has always been in keeping the team somewhat focused on offense and not turning the ball over. The clutch shooting is a major bonus.

Teague is a good player. He needs more minutes.

Teague is too timid to play with the starters. Heck may not even try to catch an inbounds pass thinking it was meant for Joe or Crawford. I just really don't see what the JT people see in the kid. All I see is timid, scared kid, who can't do anything very well, and does a lot of things poorly.

The best answer is to make a trade.

• Premium Member

Teague is too timid to play with the starters. Heck may not even try to catch an inbounds pass thinking it was meant for Joe or Crawford. I just really don't see what the JT people see in the kid. All I see is timid, scared kid, who can't do anything very well, and does a lot of things poorly.

The best answer is to make a trade.

Nobody likes Teague. It's just that he is 22 years old and our 65 year old starting pg plays like a cut-board cut out of himself most nights. Play him, find out if he can develop and if not then move him. We are not significantly worse with Teague in. Maybe we drop a few more games, big deal, we aren't winning squat until we improve our PG situation and it's about damn time we try some new alternatives.

• Like 2

Games.

Needed that laugh. Teague is just a sad case. His only valuable skill is driving to the rack (after which he has no idea what to do or how to do it) and making an impressive steal or block here and there or making a nice bounce pass assist. I couldn't imagine a GM looking at his tape and saying "he fits what we're trying to do", let alone "We need/ want him."

I disagree. I don't see what he is going to do worse than Bibby and I like Bibby. Lets face it Joe, Jamal and Josh are the main playmakers anyway. I think Teague will bring a more uptempo game and working with the starters for a while he'll improve rapidly.

Shooting the ball.

Teague really does have decent potential but he's not a NBA player at this point. It's not that he is bad at PG but it's that he's bad in general. He can't play SG either and he is really raw. He just needs time to develop on the bench or in the NBDL like Pape Sy. Stick with Bibs till a trade is made.

:offtopic2: Steve Nash is noted again as a possibility to join the hawks

Despite the seeming inevitability of a Steve Nash trade by the Suns so they can begin to rebuild, team president Lon Babby has continued to publicly hold he's not on the block.

Nash has also reportedly not asked to get dealt as the trade deadline approaches on Feb. 24.

But as Bill Duffy, Nash's agent, told ESPN's Marc Stein this week, the summer could bring a different tune.

"Steve is a Phoenix Sun and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say he's the face of that franchise," Duffy said. "But logic dictates that it would be prudent for the Suns to start looking at their long-term future in the summer, so we would expect that they may entertain moving him during the summer. We are ready for that and we anticipate a very respectful process if they decide to look at starting over with a younger core."

If the Suns indeed look to trade Nash this coming summer, it's possible teams like the Knicks, Magic, Rockets, Hawks, Trail Blazers or Mavericks could all potentially get in the mix for his services.

Edited by marion706

:offtopic2: Steve Nash is noted again as a possibility to join the hawks

Despite the seeming inevitability of a Steve Nash trade by the Suns so they can begin to rebuild, team president Lon Babby has continued to publicly hold he's not on the block.

Nash has also reportedly not asked to get dealt as the trade deadline approaches on Feb. 24.

But as Bill Duffy, Nash's agent, told ESPN's Marc Stein this week, the summer could bring a different tune.

"Steve is a Phoenix Sun and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say he's the face of that franchise," Duffy said. "But logic dictates that it would be prudent for the Suns to start looking at their long-term future in the summer, so we would expect that they may entertain moving him during the summer. We are ready for that and we anticipate a very respectful process if they decide to look at starting over with a younger core."

If the Suns indeed look to trade Nash this coming summer, it's possible teams like the Knicks, Magic, Rockets, Hawks, Trail Blazers or Mavericks could all potentially get in the mix for his services.

I don't see waiting on one year of Nash.