• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Examine this...

Diesel

• Premium Member
"I guess we'll kind of have to wait and see what happens," Johnson said. "Anytime a trade goes down ... I don't know really what to say. We let three guys, three good guys go who I've become really good friends with. But at the same time, we understand the business aspect of this profession that we chose, knowing that trades happen. Sometimes, some of your teammates have to go opposite ways and you have to deal with it."

"All three of those guys had become brothers to us," Smith said. "We're kind of sad, we are sad that they're leaving. We wanted to win this game, we knew that Bibby asked for all the tickets before we came. Unfortunately we made the trade before he was able to play in front of his home crowd. I wish those guys good luck."

"I was a little shocked," Jamal Crawford said. "I knew something could possibly happen but ... you know, those guys, they're like family. You spend so much time with them over the course of the year. Mo, Mike, and Jordan, they're like family. I wish them nothing but the best."

Just listening to the reactions.. a few things.

1. Are our Hawks in denial about how good Mo, Jordan, and Bibby are?

2. Are our Hawks too comfortable?

3. Good chemistry leads to players being like family?

4. I got a feeling that some of the guys wouldn't have minded Marvin being moved instead?

• Like 2

Just listening to the reactions.. a few things.

1. Are our Hawks in denial about how good Mo, Jordan, and Bibby are?

2. Are our Hawks too comfortable?

3. Good chemistry leads to players being like family?

4. I got a feeling that some of the guys wouldn't have minded Marvin being moved instead?

:lol6:

Some things never change, stay you Diesel.

• Premium Member

Geez Diesel. How in the hell did you come to that? You are reaching. No one mentioned MArvin's name or Horf's name.

It's been about a week or so really most of the season that Marvin has been rumored on the block. Nobody has said anything about not trading him. Bibby, Mo, and Jo gets traded and for some of the comments, it's like a funeral. I'm not saying that Marvin is not fun to be around, I'm just saying that I haven't seen much in the way of guys sticking up for keeping Marvin.

It's been about a week or so really most of the season that Marvin has been rumored on the block. Nobody has said anything about not trading him. Bibby, Mo, and Jo gets traded and for some of the comments, it's like a funeral. I'm not saying that Marvin is not fun to be around, I'm just saying that I haven't seen much in the way of guys sticking up for keeping Marvin.

And before the trade went down you saw guys sticking up for Bibby, Mo, and Jordan...? Didn't think so.

We all know you hate Marvin, but seriously man... C'mon now, you're reaching a liiiittle far on this one.

As far as the other questions go:

1. No, but do you really expect anyone to straight up say "that dude was garbage anyways, who cares we let him go"...? They liked their fellow (now-ex) teammates and aren't going to trash talk them.

2. Probably so, but that's what happens when management and owners coddle your nuts and let you get too comfortable.

3. If you've ever played sports at any serious level (even high school) you'd know that unless your teammates are real d-bags that you have a bond with them. You all share the same love for the game and all want the same thing, to win. So yeah, I'd say it's pretty normal to feel close to your teammates and be upset when/if they leave.

Edited by WakaFlocka
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

And before the trade went down you saw guys sticking up for Bibby, Mo, and Jordan...? Didn't think so.

We all know you hate Marvin, but seriously man... C'mon now, you're reaching a liiiittle far on this one.

Honestly. Has Bibby name ever been on the blocks?

Bibby was thought to go to the background and be a BU.

Even when we heard about the deal for Sessions, it was thought that Bibby would be leader of the 2nd team. Namely because his deal expires next year.

And Nobody thought our cheap team would get rid of Mo's expiring.

But Marvin is young and he has a lot of money on his deal. It was evident that moving him was a priority.

Here's your question Waka..

Had we moved Marvin, do you think any Hawk would be saden like they are now??

Even when we heard about the deal for Sessions, it was thought that Bibby would be leader of the 2nd team. Namely because his deal expires next year.

But Marvin is young and he has a lot of money on his deal. It was evident that moving him was a priority.

Do players ever come out and saw they'd be pissed if "X" player gets moved before any deal goes through? Not that I know of, they say just enough to get the reporter out of their face... "'X' is our teammate and we want him here"

To answer your question, yes, I think 110% that if Marvin had been dealt and Joe, Josh, Jamal etc had been asked the same questions they'd say the exact same thing.

Edited by WakaFlocka

Lol , why would they miss Marvin any less

than the other guys?Marvin has been

here the longest .

• Moderators

Bibby was a popular guy. We knew that before he was traded. I don't know that Mo and Jordan were as popular but you're not going to say, 'man i'm bummed bibby will be gone but the other two...meh'.

Who knows about Marv although I don't remember a whole lot of sympathy poring out for Chill when he left. I know he and Marv were friends though.

I think the more important thing in this thread is were they too comfortable and i think that's yes. Chemistry is good but complacency isn't. I'm hoping HInrich comes in and kicks some butts in gear when he has to.

Wow that was a low blow to Bibby. He wont be coming back here after a buyout. They could have waited till after the game to complete the deal. Im sure the wiz could have given 2 shyyyyyts if Bibby got hurt in the game or not since they will prolly buy him out anyway and are playing for ping pong balls. On a side note if it can be proven the Wiz would have taken Marv for Hinrich then we made the wrong dam trade.

I think the quotes from the players and the 1st 3 questions Diesel asks are worthy of more discussion than question 4. It seems these Hawks are way too complacent in the envirement Gearon Jr has created. Nobody fears for their job or playing time. Nobody fears they will be shipped off to Minny in the middle of winter if they dont give 100%. This is what happens when mngmnt become close to players and when mngmnt overates their " core " guys.

• Like 2

I think the quotes from the players and the 1st 3 questions Diesel asks are worthy of more discussion than question 4. It seems these Hawks are way too complacent in the envirement Gearon Jr has created. Nobody fears for their job or playing time. Nobody fears they will be shipped off to Minny in the middle of winter if they dont give 100%. This is what happens when mngmnt become close to players and when mngmnt overates their " core " guys.

Couldn't agree more. And as Jack B points out, you also hire the guy that has done the most codling for the HC.

Possible player reactions to Marvin being traded.

hellofada1.jpg

Thanks for making this thread worth reading.

If the players really cared about people not being traded then they wouldn't lose the last couple games before the trade deadline so badly. Stop saying you can win with the players we have and actually prove it.

Geez Diesel. How in the hell did you come to that? You are reaching. No one mentioned MArvin's name or Horf's name.

I share a lot of his disdain for Marvin, but it's funny how he shoe horns his hate for Marvin into almost everything.