• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's team is this!?!?!?!

Wretch

Quite honestly this will be a statement that will not be very popular however in my opinion it is true. Al Horford is the only player on this team that has shown through college, through wins in the nba, and through getting destroyed in the playoffs that he gives a s*** and takes it personally.

If Al Horford had a brother with 0 athletic skills but he was like Al in every other way I'd hire him in a second.

Actually, I totally agree with you. It has been shown so many times. If only it trickled down to some other guys...

Al needs 20 shots a game and Teague needs 20 mins a game, Kirk Hinrich will give Marvin a run for least effective starter. All truths :stirthepot:

Do you even think about what you post ? Kirk played incredible defense and other than one bad pass, I can't think of a single play where he hurt the Hawks. Once he gets the chance to practice with the Hawks, I think he'll drastically improve. This team is a whole lot better without a defensive liability at PG now that the NBA is a PGs league.

• Premium Member

Before we rake Joe over the coals too much and say he's nothing...

Joe had just about a triple double. Joe still draws a double team from most teams we play.

It's good to see Al step it up. It's good to see the rest of the guys pitch in. Hopefully, Smoove sees that his 3 pt shot is no longer necessary.

The question of whoose team is this..

It's obvious.

It's the defenses team. Since the trade, we have been holding folks like Joe Hawley.

• Like 2

Joe had a terrible shooting night, but he was still good on d. That's most important, because we have a starting 5 that should be able to pick up the slack when Joe is off. All 5 of our guys could average close to 20 ppg if they tried, but what's more important for our team is to play GREAT team defense.

• Like 1

Having a defensive presence at the PG spot has really helped the other players, they don't have to worry so much about their man and covering the other PG. Not having to worry so much about that one aspect is probably a load off.

• Premium Member

Al needs 20 shots a game and Teague needs 20 mins a game, Kirk Hinrich will give Marvin a run for least effective starter. All truths :stirthepot:

The only thing "lateral" around here is your posting history. We've held opponents to 80 points with Hinrich in the lineup and are 2-0 in games against teams over .500. Considering the guy HAS NOT HAD A SINGLE PRACTICE with our team I think that's a pretty good start. Jeff Teague was raped thoroughly by Felton + Lawson and has looked absolutely lost on offense since the trade (well, since he was drafted if we're being literal), and now that we have a player with a pulse manning the PG position the guy should never see more than 15 minutes a game. Everyone who didn't make a ridiculously premature, chest thumping proclamation about the trade can see that.

• Like 1

Tonight sure was exciting, but I think people are getting a little too hyped after this game. Sure, we are what, 3-0 when Hinrich plays since we've gotten him? But the other night against the Blazers when they made the run back on us, Hinrich wasn't playing that great, including 2 dumb passes and a dumb (though questionable) foul that helped the let the Blazers back in it. I like Hinrich's defense a lot, but still 1-5 for 4 points and 2 assists in 32 minutes leaves ALOT to be desired, though tons of kudos for shutting down Rose. It was obvious that Hinrich knew some of Rose's tricks. Let's see if Hinrich can do this to Jameer, Billups, and whoever else we might see in the playoffs.

Sheee-it, let's see if Hinrich can do it the 2 times we play the Bulls again in the next few weeks, THEN i'll be excited about us as legitimate postseason troublemakers. Al beasted tonight, Marvin stepped up clutch, JJ had some good passes (9/1 assist-to-turnover ratio, compared to Rose's 12/6). This is all on Al though.

I'd also like to point out that this is three games in a row where Zaza has had at least a good half. Sure, he was kinda getting owned in the second, but he had some strong moments in the first half that before the last few games, we hadn't seen from in a while. Hopefully he can keep it up, add the toughness (like standing up for Horf today) if Josh misses a few more games.

Hell yeah Hawks, i've been talking about this game since it ended. I was a little scared of our grueling 8-game stretch coming up, but now i'm excited.

why shouldn't we be hyped? We have a someone that can defend at the PG position, I'm not worried about his offense just yet. We came back from 19 down with a team that has a candidate for MVP who is all-world at the PG spot, a top rated defense and leading their division.

When have the Hawks come back from such a deficit playing defense.....I'll be as hyped as I wanna :pleasantry: be.

Before we rake Joe over the coals too much and say he's nothing...

Joe had just about a triple double. Joe still draws a double team from most teams we play.

It's good to see Al step it up. It's good to see the rest of the guys pitch in. Hopefully, Smoove sees that his 3 pt shot is no longer necessary.

The question of whoose team is this..

It's obvious.

It's the defenses team. Since the trade, we have been holding folks like Joe Hawley.

Dont jinx me diesel but are you referring to the same hawley that Dimitroff of the atlanta falcons drafted? Say it aint so man...........

Joe had a terrible shooting night, but he was still good on d. That's most important, because we have a starting 5 that should be able to pick up the slack when Joe is off. All 5 of our guys could average close to 20 ppg if they tried, but what's more important for our team is to play GREAT team defense.

I don't know why it has to be "someones", team. Al was out of this world tonight. I don't see why that has too be a negative reflection of Smoove and Joe. Joe had 10 or so games like this during January. Smoove was lights out during February. Maybe it its Al's month to shine. I am glad he proved tonight that he can put this team on his back when Smoove or Joe is off/absent. This is a team sport and or big 3 has brought in. I don't see why it has to be one guy over the rest.

The Bulls were content with doubling Joe everytime he touched the ball and Al made them pay. That is how it is supposed to work. Great game by Al tonight. I was pumped. Joe played great defense on Rose in crunch time. Horford played great defense on Boozer in crunch time. Marvin played great defense on Deng in crunch time.....you get my drift. lol. AS GREAT AS AL WAS TONIGHT, THE MOST IMPRESSIVE FEAT TONIGHT WAS HOLDING THE BULLS TO A SEASON LOW 30PTS IN THE SECOND HALF. I THINK THAT DESERVED ALL CAPS. ATL IS PLAYING ELITE DEFENSE. NO MORE SWITCHING TO HIDE BIBBY.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS
  • Like 1

Do you even think about what you post ? Kirk played incredible defense and other than one bad pass, I can't think of a single play where he hurt the Hawks. Once he gets the chance to practice with the Hawks, I think he'll drastically improve. This team is a whole lot better without a defensive liability at PG now that the NBA is a PGs league.

He knows exactly what he's saying. And most posters are just falling into his attention ***** trap :picknose: