• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

K. Hinrich trade in revision..

willthepureshooter

Kirk Hinrich 9.8ppg 2reb 2.3ast as a Hawk.

Jordan Crawford 9.2ppg 1.8reb 2ast as a Wizard.

* There's not much of a difference in the numbers between the rookie and the (8th year) veteran. I've noticed that Hinrich has struggled to stay on the floor due to early foul trouble. This gets to me a lot! We're talking about an $8million/year player who was brought here because of his "heady" play. I'm going to be nice and not talk about the countless turnovers he's had since coming to Atlanta. The trade leaves a sour taste in my mouth because we gave away a quality rookie and a 1st rd pick for a 3rd generation Luke Ridnour. Where's Dan Dickau when you need him (lol)??? Let's find Travis Hansen and sign him to a 10 day contract! Lmao! J/k

• Like 1

Was a horrible trade from the first moment I heard the particulars and I felt like anyone arguing that it was a good trade was A. Not a fan of the Hawks and there long term nor short term success B. Not a person that can evaluate talent properly C. Maybe into perception more than reality, because the perception that Kirk is a heady good defender is trumped by the reality that he has been traded and passed around a lot lately because he lacks something that is needed.

• Like 2

Was a horrible trade from the first moment I heard the particulars and I felt like anyone arguing that it was a good trade was A. Not a fan of the Hawks and there long term nor short term success B. Not a person that can evaluate talent properly C. Maybe into perception more than reality, because the perception that Kirk is a heady good defender is trumped by the reality that he has been traded and passed around a lot lately because he lacks something that is needed.

If I was a millionaire I would overnight ship you a Mazarati. Lol. That was well put my man. I'm still arguing about that trade with my friends. Didn't make sense given how much help we need in the longterm. Hinrich is and forever will be an NBA Journeyman.

I feel like most people loved the trade on here. I was one of the few saying that I thought it was underwhelming and inconsequential. I specifically said we traded two assets for a player who won't affect our outcome this season. I do like Hinrich, but we are what we are, and trading assets without getting much better is a bad idea for an asset-poor team. The Hawks are the worst managed team in the history of professional sports. There aren't many teams I wouldn't trade entire rosters with right now. I feel like we are one of the least likely teams in the NBA to win a championship in the next 5 years.

• Like 1

I feel like most people loved the trade on here. I was one of the few saying that I thought it was underwhelming and inconsequential. I specifically said we traded two assets for a player who won't affect our outcome this season. I do like Hinrich, but we are what we are, and trading assets without getting much better is a bad idea for an asset-poor team. The Hawks are the worst managed team in the history of professional sports. There aren't many teams I wouldn't trade entire rosters with right now. I feel like we are one of the least likely teams in the NBA to win a championship in the next 5 years.

If you really meant that, it's so stupid

• Like 1

And, last night, our "other" player we obtained in the trade came into the game late and

hit 2-2 from the field, the second one a spectacular, going out of bounds in the air. nothing

but net shot.

Wow! As long as we're talking about all we lost in the trade, let's look at what we gained.

Hawks needed a "big" more than we needed another shooting guard to back up JJ and

Crawford. Third string center vs a third string SG.

GO HAWKS!!

:mail:

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Chances are if anyone hoisted up as many shots as Crawford they could score as much. You gotta love those high volume scorers shooting 38% and 25% on threes. Hinrich shoots 49% overall and 53% on threes. About the early foul trouble - hmm, sounds similar to that Horford guy. 19 turnovers is countless? Who knew? Let's check on Crawford since the trade. Oh you're right, Crawford has less...uh, 18 turnovers. He doesn't play a lick of defense either.

We get it now. You and Superiorblogman don't like Hinrich. You don't have to tell us three hundred times a day. We know you don't like him.

This. I gave out +1 and -1 as needed. Hinrich is light years better than Bibby or Young Craw on defense and he's making his shots. I'd rather have a guy who can get me 10 points on great shooting with great defense than a guy who sprays shots all over the field and can't defend a statue.

• Like 2

I still like the trade alot.

Simply comparing per game stat averages doesn't hold much water when 1 team is the worst team in the league and anyone can get minutes on their poor roster. Anyone can show up on Cleveland's roster and chuck up shots to the tune of 9 ppg. They have no scorers on their roster after trading away their veterans.

Hinrich best attribute is perimeter defense and that doesn't show up in box scores. That also happened to be the Hawks #1 weakness before the trade with Bibby at PG. How can anyone, with a brain, ignore that ? The Hawks were also to light-hearted and not serious enough. Hinrich helps correct that too.

Then there is the arguement of positional strength. Jordan Crawford was the 3rd best SG on this team and Hinrich is the #1 PG on this roster. Roster chemistry should be in the equation as well.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

But the Hawks defense is so much better now. They used to get absolutely killed by quick guards. It was embarrassing at times. Orlando would come to town and the Hawks biggest concern would be Jameer Nelson, never mind Dwight.