• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Larry Drew is Terrible

BudBall

No Teague or Hinrich in the 4th? Fire him asap please. What kind of coach doesnt play either of pgs in the 4th Quarter?

Woody sucked, but at least he knew how to use Jamal better and was able to control Smoove's shot selection.

Edited by ISOJoe
  • Like 4

No Teague or Hinrich in the 4th? Fire him asap please. What kind of coach doesnt play either of pgs in the 4th Quarter?

PS: TRADE SMOOVE

not only are his substitutions god awful, but I'll go as far as to say that this offense is worse than woodrow's. I can't wait to see how this team from head to bottom responds after getting massacred in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Yes, Drew and Mr. Josh Smith lost this game for the most part. Key possession, the Hawks get it down to 3 in the 4th and Josh jacks up another jumpshot knowing he had not hit one all night. Drew once again went offense over defense with Jamal in the game and neither Kirk nor Teague. LD is a man with few convictions and should not be leading anything or anyone worthy of being lead.

• Like 2

Sweet threads!!!!! You guys want to talk about predictable...that's what this site is sometimes. After a loss, you see the same crap over and over.

• Premium Member

Every time the Bench got the Hawks back into this game, Drew pulled them and put Joe and Smith back in. Then the lead would balloon up because even though LD preaches defense and inside play his substitutions speak otherwise!

• Moderators

I still prefer LD over Woody but his use of Jamal is pathetic. In fact, that may be Woody's stronger points is he knew how to use Jamal. If you're going to put him on the court for an extended period of time then he better be scoring. If he's not then you're digging a hole because he does NOTHING on defense. Tonight he was also doing Nothing on offense so why not have a defender in there?

Another thing, if you're going to post a guy up to draw a double team then you have to do something when he kicks the ball. At one point Josh draws a double in the post, kicks to Joe who just puts the ball on his hip until the defense gets lined back up. WTF!!!!!

• Like 2

I still prefer LD over Woody but his use of Jamal is pathetic. In fact, that may be Woody's stronger points is he knew how to use Jamal. If you're going to put him on the court for an extended period of time then he better be scoring. If he's not then you're digging a hole because he does NOTHING on defense. Tonight he was also doing Nothing on offense so why not have a defender in there?

Another thing, if you're going to post a guy up to draw a double team then you have to do something when he kicks the ball. At one point Josh draws a double in the post, kicks to Joe who just puts the ball on his hip until the defense gets lined back up. WTF!!!!!

I prefer NEITHER.
  • Like 3

Anyone see when Josh was open rat 20ft and I think Chandler just turned and went the other way? They know he's too stupid to do anything else but shoot, too bad his great Oak Hill education can't help him make fundamental basquetbol plays.

After awhile some of you I hate Woody guys need to come around to the fact that Woody is just a much better coach. I can't understand what you like about LD better. Are our offensive sets better, yes, but our personnel rarely ever executes and rarely has showed signs to ever to so. This isn't a Woody/LD problem, this is a personnel problem.

• Like 2

That looked like an exhibition for the Nuggets. A nice little fine-tuning. But for some time now, the fifth seed in the West is gonna be considerably superior to the same in the East. Tonight was a picture perfect example. Yeah, this coach is pretty lame. I knew by his first-day interviews that we got what we paid for. Just so overwhelmed.

• Premium Member

Sweet threads!!!!! You guys want to talk about predictable...that's what this site is sometimes. After a loss, you see the same crap over and over.

I wonder what were you expecting to read... This is a place for us to cheer and vent. Of course we get frustrated when we lose, so if you don't like it... Well, there are some other really nice sites over the web.

Did anyone really expect Drew to be the answer? Did it really strike anyone as a good decision to promote an assistant from a bad coaching staff? Did it sound like a recipe for success to have the lowest paid coach in the league? Did anyone not think a better call would have been to bring in a real coaching talent? Anyone notice what is happening in Chicago right now?

• Like 1

Did anyone really expect Drew to be the answer? Did it really strike anyone as a good decision to promote an assistant from a bad coaching staff? Did it sound like a recipe for success to have the lowest paid coach in the league? Did anyone not think a better call would have been to bring in a real coaching talent? Anyone notice what is happening in Chicago right now?

Yeah, they have a rookie coach who knows what he's doing.