• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's Been Fun

benhillboy

My best goes to the Hawks organization. I hope they improve every year, Josh, Al, and Jeffery continue to make strides, and Jamal finds ways to be more consistent, mainly defensively. Coach Drew was very impressive, making an overall improvement over last year when it seemed impossible with all of the blowouts. But as you all know, I despise Joe Johnson The Basketball Player. So much so, I can no longer support this team by watching, purchasing tickets, nor blogging here as long as he is the centerpiece and payroll devourer.

I had a great time here with all the debates and exchanges of information. I'm sure the inconsistencies of the Hawks make this one of the most involved, up-and-down blogs around. I respect everyone's fandom here and loved getting under Joe's Fan's skin the most for the past 2 1/2 years. I wish everyone peace and prosperity.

Stay up. Ben Hill's Finest signing off. Let's Go Hawks.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Come on dudes. Benhill ended up with a +14 rep. I think he was like -200 at one time.

Don't leave now. This team can still improve. Even though I didn't always agree with the Joe bashing, the Bulls really showed that if you shut Joe down then you can beat the Hawks in a series. And its gotten too easy to shut Joe down. Anyway, its been fun.

You guys are harsh. This is exactly what I was speaking on yesterday. Because he bashes JJ, you guys get emotionally charged. Why not well wishes? It is not like he was not a legitimate 'true' Hawks fan. After all, he did endure the rollercoaster and blowouts faithfully and still managed to stick around and critique the team. Albeit, one player and Marvin on occassion. But a lot of the times, they seemed justified gripes. He always backed up his opinions with examples and highlights. They just seemed a bit exaggerated and harsh at times.

I think a lot of people could not take the bold and harsh statements. I actually agreed with a lot of his statements that he made about Joe, as I do with a lot of posters make on Josh, Marvin, Al, Zaza, and Teague and Crawford. The thing is, I accept every player for who they are, what they are. With anyone, there are going to be cons. The key is balancing out the pros and cons with proper personnel and coaches so that they can gel. Nobody seen this 2nd coming of Chicago with Thibs. Everyone was like yeah, he deserves a 'shot' a coaching but no one knew he could make the Bulls this dynamic of a team. It was monumental/historical.

But I digress because I can relate to his pain and suffering. H*ll, we all can. We all have our say it what can/should be done to improve this team, but I will not look at any one of you guys and just be like, 'GET THE H*LL ON!' He's a fellow Squawk brother who should be embraced for his pros and his cons. We have all been going through this together. Especially if you've been a fan for a significant amount of time.

Say bruh, I hate to see you go. Your incite and perspective was different at times and to me spot on at times. Some people just wear their heart and soul on their sleeves and act like they are the players agent.

Edited by SmooveHawksFan
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Take the summer off and enjoy yourself and then hopefully we'll see you back here after you get a chance to recharge your batteries, benhillboy!

If not, best of luck and just don't jumping over to some other team in the meantime!

• Like 1

I don't care if he bashes JJ, myself, Josh Smith, ASG, or anyone. Forums have a wealth of opinions and not everyone will agree on everything.

To be so self-indulged as to create a thread like this laughable. I will admit the OP has had some great points along the way and is well-spoken, but the whole "I will never buy tickets, post on forums, watch on TV" crap means nothing to me. Nor anyone else.

I love reading the great opinions on this board, though!

• Premium Member

I must also say goodbye. It's been great but after last night's debacle I must go.

here's the reason:

I told everyone in chat that if the hawks lose I would buy them all a Double Stack from Wendy's. Well at the time I thought Wendy's was selling the Double Stack for $0.99, but I found out today that they recently change the price to $1.29. How can that be? How can they have it on the 99 cent menu if it cost $1.29.

• Like 1

I must also say goodbye. It's been great but after last night's debacle I must go.

here's the reason:

I told everyone in chat that if the hawks lose I would buy them all a Double Stack from Wendy's. Well at the time I thought Wendy's was selling the Double Stack for $0.99, but I found out today that they recently change the price to $1.29. How can that be? How can they have it on the 99 cent menu if it cost $1.29.

You better run before the mob come looking for you with fire and pitch forks.

• Premium Member

There's only a few reasons I personally accept for someone ditching their fandom and not liking your team's best player is not even close to being one.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. :bye:

My best goes to the Hawks organization. I hope they improve every year, Josh, Al, and Jeffery continue to make strides, and Jamal finds ways to be more consistent, mainly defensively. Coach Drew was very impressive, making an overall improvement over last year when it seemed impossible with all of the blowouts. But as you all know, I despise Joe Johnson The Basketball Player. So much so, I can no longer support this team by watching, purchasing tickets, nor blogging here as long as he is the centerpiece and payroll devourer.

I had a great time here with all the debates and exchanges of information. I'm sure the inconsistencies of the Hawks make this one of the most involved, up-and-down blogs around. I respect everyone's fandom here and loved getting under Joe's Fan's skin the most for the past 2 1/2 years. I wish everyone peace and prosperity.

Stay up. Ben Hill's Finest signing off. Let's Go Hawks.

I would at least wait till you know the Hawks backs are against the wall. We have a solid PG with an exp contract. We have a raw PG with very good potential and a very good tweener who can put up stats and has an impact on the game. We have pieces. We just have to get the player of need. When that fails, yea...

• Premium Member

No need to go so soon. What if the Hawks can trick some idiot GM to take JJs hideous contract? What if Teague is as good as he looked in the playoffs? What if LD is the next Doc? Man I'd give it another 2-3 years before throwing in the towel if I were you. Think about what the Celtics were before they got the Big 3. Sometimes all it takes is a few months to get things on track for good.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

To each his own. However, the Squawk appears to me to be a bunch of "lifers" in regards to the Hawks, at least the usual suspects that post frequently. I love basketball, but my interest in the NBA would decline SIGNIFICANTLY if it weren't for the Hawks. No one player, coach, GM, whatever would ever even put the idea in my head of jumping ship to another team, impossible. I couldn't do it if I tried.

I'm not saying it's a good thing, the life of a Hawks fan is trying to say the least....but it is what it is and will always will be.