• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Id like to thank Josh Smith Zaza and Jeff Teague

NJHAWK

• Moderators

Joe had some moments over the series but last night that was definitely the case. Add Jamal to the list as well. 2-10 in Game 6 and a sieve from the field on D all series.

Not to get too frustrated, though, this was a HUGE IMPROVEMENT over the effort given in last year's playoffs. I am much more satisfied looking back on the playoff run this year even though it ended in the same 2nd round. This was a much more competitive Atlanta team in 2011.

• Like 1

Joe had some moments over the series but last night that was definitely the case. Add Jamal to the list as well. 2-10 in Game 6 and a sieve from the field on D all series.

Not to get too frustrated, though, this was a HUGE IMPROVEMENT over the effort given in last year's playoffs. I am much more satisfied looking back on the playoff run this year even though it ended in the same 2nd round. This was a much more competitive Atlanta team in 2011.

I was thinking that as well until they went out like chumps again last night. 3 years in a row getting eliminated by an at home arse smashing.

I guess you missed the stat where Josh was like 3-35 from outside 15 feet?

I know he shot horrible...but damn...seeing it in print makes me wanna hurl....bhhhhhrrrwwwww...8%. How is that even possible? I could do that.

He showed up and played with heart. He battled and fought the Bulls bigs. He took the ball to the basket alot and challenged on d. He got in the scrums, fights and wars. Horford didnt show up with half the heart Smith had in this series and played soft like Laphonso Ellis or Laetner. Josh played with reckless abandon getting knocked to the ground over and over going to the basket and fighting for loose balls and rebounds. We know he cant shoot, we know there are going to be 3 or 4 bad outside shots a game that should not happen. You cant let that detract from how much effort he gave and how effective he was going to the basket and playing down low. Al Horford let easy layups from great passes bounce right off his hands. He was almost strictly a soft jump shooter in this series. He blew a ton of defensive assignments. Josh, Teague and Zaza looked like the only Hawks who actually wanted to win and give what it takes in the playoffs. Al, Joe, Marv and even Jcraw looked like they were going through the motions.

Edited by NJHAWK

Terrible stat line, but is that all you have against him? We know you love to hate, but come on. It's not just about the offensive shooting side. Basketball is a lot more than shooting the ball. :Talking Ear Off:

Terrible stat line, but is that all you have against him? We know you love to hate, but come on. It's not just about the offensive shooting side. Basketball is a lot more than shooting the ball. :Talking Ear Off:

Yes that is all he can come up with, he's a hater but he will never admit it.. Smoove didn't do well on his jumpers, but what Smoove brings to the table in more than that.He still played great defense, rebounded and drove the ball well.

Hoop goes in the hole....you get points

The most points win.

simple

He showed up and played with heart. He battled and fought the Bulls bigs. He took the ball to the basket alot and challenged on d. He got in the scrums, fights and wars. Horford didnt show up with half the heart Smith had in this series and played soft like Laphonso Ellis or Laetner. Josh played with reckless abandon getting knocked to the ground over and over going to the basket and fighting for loose balls and rebounds. We know he cant shoot, we know there are going to be 3 or 4 bad outside shots a game that should not happen. You cant let that detract from how much effort he gave and how effective he was going to the basket and playing down low. Al Horford let easy layups from great passes bounce right off his hands. He was almost strictly a soft jump shooter in this series. He blew a ton of defensive assignments. Josh, Teague and Zaza looked like the only Hawks who actually wanted to win and give what it takes in the playoffs. Al, Joe, Marv and even Jcraw looked like they were going through the motions.

I guess u didn't watch the entire Orlando series were Josh was horrible EVERY GAME?

He had a couple nice games vs Chicago, but also had an equal amount of bad games. Josh plays with heart...sometimes. There are times that he looks like he doesn't want to be on the court. You are seeing things through "rose colored Smoove" glasses. Josh had his good moments....but he had an equal amount of bad moments.

• Premium Member

Hoop goes in the hole....you get points

The most points win.

simple

LOL

Worst post in the history of this forum, no offense.

Tell that to

Dikembe Mutombo

Ben Wallace

Dennis Rodman

Charles Barkely

etc. etc. etc.

Why don't we suit up a team of 5 sharp shooters then? Could it be, that maybe, just maybe, the game of basketball that requires five different players of different specializations 20 different coaches, and five referees is a bit, (just a bit) more complicated than

"Hoop go in hole"

Hilarious

Your boy Horford had the lowest PER of any of our rotation players in the playoffs btw... and also shot a whopping .019% better than your whipping boy Josh Smith, not to mention he was 2-10 and looked every bit as terrible as Smith jacking up jump shots in the deciding game.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 2

LOL

Worst post in the history of this forum, no offense.

Tell that to

Dikembe Mutombo

Ben Wallace

Dennis Rodman

Charles Barkely

etc. etc. etc.

Why don't we suit up a team of 5 sharp shooters then? Could it be, that maybe, just maybe, the game of basketball that requires five different players of different specializations 20 different coaches, and five referees is a bit, (just a bit) more complicated than

"Hoop go in hole"

Hilarious

Your boy Horford had the lowest PER of any of our rotation players in the playoffs btw... and also shot a whopping .019% better than your whipping boy Josh Smith, not to mention he was 2-10 and looked every bit as terrible as Smith jacking up jump shots in the deciding game.

cmon breh ,dont you know Peja Stojakovic is the GOAT

• Premium Member

Teague and Zaza, I'll grant you. If by "heart" you mean "jacking up jumpers, never cutting to the basket off the ball, and refusing to rebound or box out," then yeah I guess Josh played with heart too.

The reflexive defenses of Josh look even more absurd than usual after the way he's played during these playoffs.

Edited by niremetal

could not agree more, we paid Joe 120 millions dollar for him to show up and play like a player that deserved to be in the NBDL not NBA in the most important game of his career , just horrible..

I actually think that he played decent, but seriously how much did you really expect from him.

LOL @ this thread. So people want to discount the absolutey horrible outside shooting of Smith, and praise his hustle . . . but diss JJ because he supposedly didn't hustle like Smith did?

Hilarious

Fact The Hawks get SWEPT if not for JJ's hot shooting in Games 1 and 4.

If I were to give out grades for what everybody did in the Chicago series, ( based on what was expected of them to do ) it would look like this:

Teague: A-

Zaza: B-

Smith: B-

Johnson: C

Collins: C

Crawford: D+

Horford D+

Marvin: F

For the entire playoffs:

Teague: A-

Hinrich: B

Johnson: B-