• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LOCKOUT DRAFT

Nicholasp27

• Admin

Well with the next pick I'm going with mister RUDY GAY

Has the potential to be one of the best number 2 options in the league beside Lebron. He's young athletic and has a great attitude and I don't think he's the type of guy that would have a problem with being 2nd fiddle to Lebron. With those 2 I may have the most athletic and most talented group of wing players in the league.....good luck trying to deal with those 2. Oh and side note: Rudy was having his best shooting year until he got hurt

And with the first pick of the 3rd round I'm going with SERGE IBAKA

led the league in total blocks and blocks per 48 mins....21 years old and this is only his 2nd year. Doesn't have alot of basketball under his belt so this guys potential is through the roof!!!! Has great athleticism and just within this year started to develop a lil mid range jumper...with time that will only get better. I mean from year one to year 2 he looks like a completely different player and with time who the hell knows what he can be. Timing will only get better on defense and he just adds to the length and athleticism that I already have with Lebron and Rudy...good luck fellas!

Lebron is going to play SG?

Well with the next pick I'm going with mister RUDY GAY

Has the potential to be one of the best number 2 options in the league beside Lebron. He's young athletic and has a great attitude and I don't think he's the type of guy that would have a problem with being 2nd fiddle to Lebron. With those 2 I may have the most athletic and most talented group of wing players in the league.....good luck trying to deal with those 2. Oh and side note: Rudy was having his best shooting year until he got hurt

And with the first pick of the 3rd round I'm going with SERGE IBAKA

led the league in total blocks and blocks per 48 mins....21 years old and this is only his 2nd year. Doesn't have alot of basketball under his belt so this guys potential is through the roof!!!! Has great athleticism and just within this year started to develop a lil mid range jumper...with time that will only get better. I mean from year one to year 2 he looks like a completely different player and with time who the hell knows what he can be. Timing will only get better on defense and he just adds to the length and athleticism that I already have with Lebron and Rudy...good luck fellas!

Gay is definately the best value available on the board (production/ age / potential). It is interesting that you take him after already having Lebron James.

I really like the Ibaka pick.

Some good young horses there to run with James for a while. There a bit raw now but there is plenty of room for growth.

• Premium Member

Dwight Howard is definately not resigning with you I think he'd hate playing with a knucklehead like Zack Randolph.

After he counts his rings and his millions, he will resign.

does it really matter? Tell me what position Lebron plays now? When has the man ever had a defined position? Like I said before he can guard 1-4 and could be one of the best if not the best point in the league if he wants. on offense he's going to have the ball anyway and just needs someone else that can play off of him....Rudy is a great guy to do that.

Gay is definately the best value available on the board (production/ age / potential). It is interesting that you take him after already having Lebron James.

I really like the Ibaka pick.

Some good young horses there to run with James for a while. There a bit raw now but there is plenty of room for growth.

and thats what I was going for with these 2 picks. with an established guy like Lebron I think I could do that with these 2 picks and then try and pick for the immediate future with the rest of my picks bc Lebron is ready and definitely capable of taking a team to a championship right now

Wow . . you guys have a GLARING OMISSION off this list. A perennial all-star.

There are 10 undrafted veterans who have been perennial allstars still on the board that I can think of but most are pretty old. This could be the time you want 2 or 3 years of good production and call it a day. Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

OK.

This decision was hard but I'm going to bite the bullet because I have to...

The ganstaslappas choose:

Eric Gordon

Damn.. So many choices.

I believe this was the beginning of a breakout year for Gordon. 23 ppg. 4.4 apg. He was the guy on his team that would take the last shot.

With my inside game, I need a little bit of an outside threat. Gordon is the start of my outside threat.

Damn... This is hard because I have so many people I want.

You guys don't take all the good guys before I can get to them!!!

Eric Gordon

I believe this was the beginning of a breakout year for Gordon. 23 ppg. 4.4 apg. He was the guy on his team that would take the last shot.

A nice young scorer and athlete who is a bit unique. He is built like a truck but still has bounce.

Nice combo to get a young athlete like him who also has a 3 point stroke. This is a role he could flourish in.

OK.

This decision was hard but I'm going to bite the bullet because I have to...

Eric Gordon

Damn.. So many choices.

With my inside game, I need a little bit of an outside threat. Gordon is the start of my outside threat.

Damn... This is hard because I have so many people I want.

You guys don't take all the good guys before I can get to them!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Premium Member

A nice young scorer and athlete who is a bit unique. He is built like a truck but still has bounce. Nice combo to get a young athlete like him who also has a 3 point stroke. This is a role he could flourish in.

It's not a complete work yet. I like Gordon.. I just have several other guys who I want/wanted. I got to thank that dude who took Wall so early. Thank you very much....This is a conversation for another thread but Wall is already better than Westbrook.

Damn... LOVE the Ibaka pick

y thank u sir

This is fun but it also makes it obvious how really weak the young talent in the NBA is. That's why these young guys get blown way out of proportion far too often. That is also why I get excited about the draft and hate that the Hawks traded that pick

Edited by TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA

This is a conversation for another thread but Wall is already better than Westbrook.

No need for another thread. Lets just end it now.

Westbrook

21.9 PPG / 8.2 apg / 4.6 rpg / 1.9 spg / .442 FG% / .330 3pt% / .842 FT % in 34.7 mpg

23.63 PER

+22.38 EFF

Has never missed a game in his 3 year career

Wall

16.4 ppg / 8.3 apg / 3.8 rpg / 1.8 spg / .409 FG% / .296 3pt% / .766 FT% / in 37.8 mpg

15.85 PER

+18.13 EFF

Missed 13 games last season.

Wall may become as good or better but hard to say he has already passed him by. Wall is about to turn 21 and Westbrook is about to turn 23. Both guys have bright futures. This deep playoff run should help Westbrook see the light and grow into a better PG.

Had both players been on the board I probably would have selected Wall over Westbrook simply b/c he is so young and had an excellent rookie season but it would have been a close call. I just can't say with a straight face that Wall has already passed Westbrook by. That day may come but it has not yet. Wall still needs to add some polish to catch up (especially on his jumper) but its not like Westbrook wil become stagnant in his growth at not even 23 years old yet. Westbrook will be polishing his game at the same time.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Why not? Look at the depth at SG. It is much more shallow than you would think. We just saw Eric Gordon taken and I can't argue with the fact that he was by far the best SG available. Wade, Kobe, JJ...??...Gordon...umm....Lebron could easily handle that role, IMO. That is one of the blessings you get with Lebron is that he is so athletic and versatile.

with my 3rd selection I draft:

Andre Iguodala. I figure with Durant holding down the outside and Bynum the post we need a slasher to keep the offense dynamic. Not to mention he is a top 20 defensive player. Also, I can play him at the 2 or 3 and slid Durant to a stretch 4 a la Dirk if we want to go with a different look.

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

Round 11. jy21 - Lebron James2. diesel - Dwight Howard3. sultanofatl - Kevin Durant4. capstone21 - Deron Williams5. whassuphawks - Kobe Bryant6. ahf - Chris Paul7. supporter - Derick Rose8. nicholasp27 - Blake Griffin9. seano - Dwayne Wade10. 01d0rd3r - Rajon Rondo11. thatsmydawg - John Wall12. ngc7 - Al Horford13. coachx - Russell Westbrook14. alejandro09 - Dirk Nowitzki15. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Carmelo Anthony16. Colin - A'mare Stoudemire17. IHeartAtlanta- Monta EllisRound 218. IHeartAtlanta - Joe Johnson19. Colin - Stephen Curry20. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA - Brook Lopez21. alejandro09 - Jrue Holiday22. coachx - Kevin Love23. ngc7-Joakin Noah24. thatsmydawg-Al Jefferson25. 01d0rd3r-Marc Gasol26. seano-Lamarcus Aldridge27. nicholasp27-Tyreke Evans28. supporter – DeMarcus Cousins29. ahf – Chris Bosh30. whassuphawks – Andrew Bogut31. capstone21 - Pau Gasol32. sultanofatl - Andrew Bynum33. diesel - Zach Randolph34 jy21 - Rudy GayRound 335. jy21 - Serge Ibaka36. diesel - Eric Gordon37. sultanofatl - Andre Iguodala38. capstone21 -39. whassuphawks -40. ahf -41. supporter -42. nicholasp27 -43. seano -44. 01d0rd3r -45. thatsmydawg -46. ngc7 -47. coachx -48. alejandro09 -49. TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA -50. Colin -51. IHeartAtlanta -

• Premium Member

No need for another thread. Lets just end it now.

Westbrook

21.9 PPG / 8.2 apg / 4.6 rpg / 1.9 spg / .442 FG% / .330 3pt% / .842 FT % in 34.7 mpg

23.63 PER

+22.38 EFF

Has never missed a game in his 3 year career

Wall

16.4 ppg / 8.3 apg / 3.8 rpg / 1.8 spg / .409 FG% / .296 3pt% / .766 FT% / in 37.8 mpg

15.85 PER

+18.13 EFF

Missed 13 games last season.

Wall may become as good or better but hard to say he has already passed him by. Wall is about to turn 21 and Westbrook is about to turn 23. Both guys have bright futures. This deep playoff run should help Westbrook see the light and grow into a better PG.

Had both players been on the board I probably would have selected Wall over Westbrook simply b/c he is so young and had an excellent rookie season but it would have been a close call. I just can't say with a straight face that Wall has already passed Westbrook by. That day may come but it has not yet. Wall still needs to add some polish to catch up (especially on his jumper) but its not like Westbrook wil become stagnant in his growth at not even 23 years old yet. Westbrook will be polishing his game at the same time.

The way I meant it was that Wall is better than Westbrook (1st yr vs. 1st yr).

However, if he progresses, he will surpass him.

• Moderators

The way I meant it was that Wall is better than Westbrook (1st yr vs. 1st yr). However, if he progresses, he will surpass him.

I like that Wall has better natural passing instincts than Westbrook, but with Westbrook's development post-1st-yr Wall still has a little ways to go.