• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford speaks

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Collins exceeded our expectations, but that's because our expectations are as low as it gets for a NBA player. He's the only player in NBA history to be applauded after putting up 1/0 against a guy that put up 46/19. We're never going to get far with Collins or Zaza as our starting centers.

I don't disagree.

Collins is a guy who knows just enough about playing defense against bigs that he can be counted on to cover a guy like Howard 1 on 1 and allow our other defensive players do their job. That's why we applaud him.

Dwight is not Wilt. He can get 46/19... but as long as his assists are low, we can beat that team. That's the beauty of what LD did.

Now we all want an upgrade to Collins. Personally, i would like to see us get Dalembert or Chandler. But in the absence of those guys, Horf still has to do his job regardless of what position he plays.

I don't disagree.

Collins is a guy who knows just enough about playing defense against bigs that he can be counted on to cover a guy like Howard 1 on 1 and allow our other defensive players do their job. That's why we applaud him.

Dwight is not Wilt. He can get 46/19... but as long as his assists are low, we can beat that team. That's the beauty of what LD did.

Now we all want an upgrade to Collins. Personally, i would like to see us get Dalembert or Chandler. But in the absence of those guys, Horf still has to do his job regardless of what position he plays.

I don't think getting Daly or Tyson is possible. I don't see Sac-Town getting rid of Daly since they are probably drafting a PG. Tyson is going nowhere. I don't think it's possible for us to get the needed center who makes an impact without given up something much better. Bogut, Nene, Gasol, and Bynum are out of reach.

• Premium Member

I don't think getting Daly or Tyson is possible. I don't see Sac-Town getting rid of Daly since they are probably drafting a PG. Tyson is going nowhere. I don't think it's possible for us to get the needed center who makes an impact without given up something much better. Bogut, Nene, Gasol, and Bynum are out of reach.

I see it differently.

I think we have players with value.

Hinrich and Craw come to mind immediately.

Even though Craw would have to sign off on any deal, I think he would be more willing to if he was getting good money.

Mr Horford . . you want to become a legit post player? Go learn how to do this from the master.

Mr. Smith, this would be nice to add to your offensive arsenal as well.

Matter of fact . . . send the whole dang team to Houston to work with Hakeem. If Dwight Howard and Kobe have worked with him, then send JJ, Horford, Smith, Zaza and Marvin.

• Premium Member

Watching the Dwight Howard workout, you could really see how he used some of those moves against us in the playoffs. Howard is so good because he's stronger than Hakeem was as a pro. I think Hakeem was faster, but Howard is stronger and can jump higher.

I wonder what Smoove did when he worked out with Hakeem??

• Premium Member

Watching the Dwight Howard workout, you could really see how he used some of those moves against us in the playoffs. Howard is so good because he's stronger than Hakeem was as a pro. I think Hakeem was faster, but Howard is stronger and can jump higher.

I wonder what Smoove did when he worked out with Hakeem??

Smoove actually used the 'Dream Shake" during the season a few times. :dancer:

You know what ? The only way for Smith and Horford at SF/PF would work is if Horford actually got 3pt range. That way Josh Smith could have more room to operate around the basket. Just a random thought...

• Moderators

You know what ? The only way for Smith and Horford at SF/PF would work is if Horford actually got 3pt range. That way Josh Smith could have more room to operate around the basket. Just a random thought...

Well, he is the reigning NBA Shooting Stars champion. So that's a start.

~lw3

It's bad enough we have a SF/PF that shoots 3's, now you want the PF/C to shoot 3's...SMH. :negative: