• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Flipping the Script on the Joe Haters.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Name 1 guy playing in the league right now who you can replace Joe Johnson with and the Hawks win a championship??

That means you must keep our soft front court, our BBIQ, and our novice coaching.

• Premium Member

Many Hawks fans are just sick of seeing one of the leagues highest paid players EVER shot slow-lethargic floaters and air balls late in games.

• Moderators

Name 1 guy playing in the league right now who you can replace Joe Johnson with and the Hawks win a championship??

That means you must keep our soft front court, our BBIQ, and our novice coaching.

I don't hate JJ but Lebron is my answer. Lebron already went to the finals with less talent than Al Horford, Jamal Crawford, Josh Smith, Kirk, Teague, et al.

• Premium Member

Joe's contract is not what he's worth to the NBA, it's what he's worth to the ATLANTA HAWKS. Get over it the man is here to stay.Yes, he had an off season, so what? And i see people saying" Wade and Labron Lames are getting paid less then Joe". They had to if they wanted to play together. Otherwise they would be the highest paid players in the NBA.So that's not a valid point. I also see people saying" Joe is not a star, Josh Smith means more to the Hawks then Joe". Really? The last time i've checked Joe is the only Hawk who get's doubled teamed, not Josh. The last time i've checked ONLY stars are the ones who get doubled teamed.SO PLEASE tell me (and Diesel) who whould come to the hawks and do what Joe do? The answer is no one. Do you know why? Cause no player is coming to a JOE-LESS Atlanta Hawks team.And that's not a diss towards Horford or Smith, but the reality is the NBA is a guard league. Has been since Jordan. So to all the "Joe haters" i'll be sure to reserve seats on the " Joe bandwagon" when a HEALTHY Joe starts playing like Joe.

• Like 1

Joe's contract is not what he's worth to the NBA, it's what he's worth to the ATLANTA HAWKS. Get over it the man is here to stay.Yes, he had an off season, so what? And i see people saying" Wade and Labron Lames are getting paid less then Joe". They had to if they wanted to play together. Otherwise they would be the highest paid players in the NBA.So that's not a valid point. I also see people saying" Joe is not a star, Josh Smith means more to the Hawks then Joe". Really? The last time i've checked Joe is the only Hawk who get's doubled teamed, not Josh. The last time i've checked ONLY stars are the ones who get doubled teamed.SO PLEASE tell me (and Diesel) who whould come to the hawks and do what Joe do? The answer is no one. Do you know why? Cause no player is coming to a JOE-LESS Atlanta Hawks team.And that's not a diss towards Horford or Smith, but the reality is the NBA is a guard league. Has been since Jordan. So to all the "Joe haters" i'll be sure to reserve seats on the " Joe bandwagon" when a HEALTHY Joe starts playing like Joe.

I'll love to see you remember this thread and completely hold me accountable for being a , ahem, 'HATER' when Joe supposedly returns to the form of 3 -4 years ago. He's peaked ya'll. He might squeeze out another 20 or 21 ppg season or two but he won't lead any team to a championship as the best player on the team. and if he's been injured, he has hurt the team by being on the floor injured. Heal and help your team to your max ability.