• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will the Hawks actually make a move (trade) tonight?

PaceRam

Do you think the Hawks will really make a trade before or during the NBA Draft tonight or do you think it is all talk? As much as I would like to see the Hawks make a trade tonight I don't want them just make a trade just to be making a trade! I hope IF they actually make a trade it is one that benefits the Hawks long-term. And, I am one of those Hawks fans that actually likes Josh Smith (and, I think if he is traded he will do very well for his new team) but if the Hawks do actually trade him (I would much rather see the Hawks trade Joe Johnson or Marvin Williams BUT I doubt that is going to happen!) I really hope they get a quality pick(s) and/or player(s) in return! It should be a very interesting night tonight!

Do you think the Hawks will really make a trade before or during the NBA Draft tonight or do you think it is all talk? As much as I would like to see the Hawks make a trade tonight I don't want them just make a trade just to be making a trade! I hope IF they actually make a trade it is one that benefits the Hawks long-term. And, I am one of those Hawks fans that actually likes Josh Smith (and, I think if he is traded he will do very well for his new team) but if the Hawks do actually trade him (I would much rather see the Hawks trade Joe Johnson or Marvin Williams BUT I doubt that is going to happen!) I really hope they get a quality pick(s) and/or player(s) in return! It should be a very interesting night tonight!

I vote no. Most of the speculation doesn't even seem realistic. And this Minny thing is too good to be true - if that happens I'll eat my hat. Even if that's a possibility, Minny might very well get a better offer or get cold feet.

Knowing them, they probably going to look at each other for about 2 hours, :picknose: smiling and laughing at the expense of us Hawks fans and turn around and sell the pick for 2 box of Kristy Kreme Doughnuts, 2 Tickets for a free lap Dance at Magic CIty, 4 tickets to go for Six Flags over GA and 100 dollars. While saying that we are close to ECF and Finals with no money to spend.

Yea, I still remember the Hawks selling their 2nd Round pick when I thought (I was probably wrong!) that there were still some pretty good players/prospects still available. I just personally thought that when you have a bench like the Hawks you should at least try to draft someone that might be able to help you instead of just selling the pick. It just seemed like a real lame move to me!

Since Minnesota picked Derrick Williams, it would appear that the rumored trade for Kanter won't be happening. (Maybe we're just gonna keep on adding tweener forwards ad infinitum by trading for Derrick Williams.)

• Premium Member

I don't understand how people can blame Sund for trying to make the team better. If Minnesota didn't want to do Josh for #2/Beasley then how is that Sund's fault? Perhaps now he's on the phone with Utah trying to get Kanter or Al Jefferson for Josh.

I don't understand how people can blame Sund for trying to make the team better. If Minnesota didn't want to do Josh for #2/Beasley then how is that Sund's fault? Perhaps now he's on the phone with Utah trying to get Kanter or Al Jefferson for Josh.

Hey I'm all for it. Get 'er done Sund.