• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So with no trades, this is what we have..

Diesel

• Premium Member

Projected...

Teague/Hinrich

Joe/Lighty

Marvin/

Smoove/Benson/Rolle

Horf/Pachulia/Twin

when you look at who we intend on keeping and the 1 signing from the minicamp (Lighty). This is what we have.

If Horf wants to be a PF...

That means our problems spots are Sf and C.

It's easy to find a Sf, but what to do about a C?

About the best C that Smoove can fetch us is Kaman...

I believe Marvin could easily get us Haywood.

But Atlanta.. we do have a logjam. Versatility, smirshitility.

You're forgetting Sy and definitely putting the cart before the horse with Lighty as I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Jeremy Hazell beat him out for the 5th guard spot but assuming any non-drafted rookie is going to be our backup 2 is probably not very accurate.

I also doubt that Benson will be a PF.

About the best C that Smoove can fetch us is Kaman...

I believe Marvin could easily get us Haywood.

Unfortunately your probably right about Smoove's value. Kaman is a fine player when healthy. Key word being healthy.

If Marvin could get us a Haywood then that should be a no brainer deal for Sund.

• Premium Member

Unfortunately your probably right about Smoove's value. Kaman is a fine player when healthy. Key word being healthy.

If Marvin could get us a Haywood then that should be a no brainer deal for Sund.

you have to look at the Haywood years... I had to too so don't feel so bad. He has motivation problems too. I would rather stick with the underacheiving UNC player I know.. IF only Marvin could get us Kaman.

• Premium Member

I would say these guys got a spot.

Benson

Twin

Zaza

Rolle

Hinrich

I would add to our bench...

Wilkins.

Lighty

That's 12 with the five starters.

Room for 2 more. Jamal Crawford is going to need us to trade somebody.

Might need 1 more PG.

I would say these guys got a spot.

Benson

Twin

Zaza

Rolle

Hinrich

I would add to our bench...

Wilkins.

Lighty

That's 12 with the five starters.

Room for 2 more. Jamal Crawford is going to need us to trade somebody.

Might need 1 more PG.

So you actually think that Rolle, Lighty and Benson will all make the roster ahead of Sy?

• Moderators

Our center rotation is Horford/Zaza and the occasional big body when needed. I'm not saying its perfect but its pretty good. Obviously we also have some guys who can play PF and now we have two guys who can play PG.

I say what we lack are SF and backup SG. We need guys who can shoot and defend those positions. You say SF is easy to get but we seem unable to do it. In fact we seem historically unable to fill that position (Is Ty Corbin available to suit up again this year?). Forget Center, forget kamen, forget that horford 'wants' to play PF. We have two pretty good centers. We are extremely thin at 2 and 3 with basically just one good player there: Joe.

• Like 1

Whoa, I've been away too long. First North not stoked about any Hawks's lineup and then D saying we should keep Marvin. In the same thread. My head hurts.

But we do need a trade to make it past the first round again. Barring Teague playing like an Allstar (which is possible) this team, as formed, will have an early exit once again.

Edited by Dsinner

Hinrich is backup 2. Smoove plays a lot at SF.

I think we need rebounding and outside shooting.

Hinrich will start the season as our starting PG (get over it). Correct on Smoove.

We do need rebounding - and even putting Benson anywhere near our opening day roster is a mistake. He needs a year in the DL.

As far as outside shooting goes...JJ can shoot, Hinrich can shoot, Marvin can shoot, Smoove WILL shoot, and Teague can try.....I do kind of wish we had "he whose name cannot be spoken" back. :scratchhead:

• Premium Member

Whoa, I've been away too long. First North not stoked about any Hawks's lineup and then D saying we should keep Marvin. In the same thread. My head hurts.

But we do need a trade to make it past the first round again. Barring Teague playing like an Allstar (which is possible) this team, as formed, will have an early exit once again.

There's always a carrot on a stick it seems. But this is one is very positive for me. Teague looked absolutely incredible out there. People are still doubting, but we should be encouraged - he put up a consistent, big time performance against one of the leagues top defenses. If not THE best defense.

I am very much looking forward to see what he has. I'm not so much worried about the SF/C situation. I'm confident that we've got the assets to make a very good deal happen. My concern about getting the right piece in return is the ownership situation.

As for Crawford...I think he's gone. resent.gif But the bright side of that is perhaps Marvin will pick up where he left off before we brougt in Flip.