• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks sign Vladimir Radmanovic

ATLJA316

I don't understand the negativity. His career numbers are almost identical to Korver and he shoots only a slightly lower % on 3's. He's taller and a better rebounder and assuming its a min deal we got him at 1/5 the cost of a korver and he's not locked in for two years.

Oh and most importantly.. he doesn't look like Justin Bieber.

Edited by Brokentree
  • Like 3

Not yet. You have to remember, we're filling those filler spots. This is where we had Josh Powell and the other ham and eggers off the bench last year. I still consider TMac an upgrade (even though I don't expect Tmac from 2003).

If there's ever a year for Marvin to be aggressive, this is the year. Unfortunately, I don't think it was a back thing. I think it was a mind thing.

I don't know if you've ever played sports, but when you have an injury it messes with your mind, too. You're always thinking about your injury and it'll absolutely effect your play on the court, field, etc. Marvin said he hasn't felt this good in a long time, so hopefully he won't be thinking about it and he can just go out and play his game.

Why is getting a big man who can spread the floor bad for a versatile team like us? I still agree we need another defensive rebounding big man and would like to look at Samuel Dalembert as an option but I don't think Rad is a bad signing at all with the pieces we already have in place. A Horford, Rad and Smoove trio on the court could actually be quite deadly when all 3 can switch positions from offense to defense to create the best match ups. Zaza a hard nose rebounder and offensive rebounding threat could be more dangerous if the other big has to go out to guard Radmanovic. A team is exactly that (a team) and having the right pieces used correctly at the right time is the formula for winning!! I see Rad even being able to play the 3 at times which would allow a back up big 3 including Keith Benson or Jason Collier for defensive.

I'm also really confused why everyone is upset with this signing. He's not a superstar but he fills a need and is a great role player. Remember when the Celtics built the big-three a few years ago they went and got all these great role players who were good at specific roles (defense, 3PT...) this is what we are doing. Rad will help us spread the floor and too be honest he would have been the next best bench player on the team last year behind Crawford. In addition to this he can probably start a few games a year. If we add one more big piece like a Dalemberet I will be very happy with the off-season. I know everyone is begging for CP3 and Dwight but this is the Hawks, let's be realistic about this team for a moment, we won't get those guys.

Tooo majstore, napokon si došao u pravu sredinu dance3.gif

Hi everybody. This is great sign.. He is still great 3 point shooter (one of the best is serbian basketball history), and with 6-foot-10 he can play multiple positions. And we were born in same townlol.gif

You can ask me anything you want about Radman. Yes, we call him Radman, not Vlad, or some Romaninan s***crazy.gif

Hi everybody. This is great sign.. He is still great 3 point shooter (one of the best is serbian basketball history), and with 6-foot-10 he can play multiple positions. And we were born in same townlol.gif

You can ask me anything you want about Radman. Yes, we call him Radman, not Vlad, or some Romaninan s***crazy.gif

Wow, I did not write three postspilot.gif

• Like 1

We are filling out our roster with vet minimums and non guaranteed contracts for the most part. I do not see anything wrong with this signing or the TMac deal to maybe replace Craw. We beat Orlando finally last season and gave the Bulls a good run with Teague starting for the first time.

Our inability to score was very apparent against the Bulls with Teague being one of our leading scorers in that series. TMac, Radman, ( and hopefully Watson ) can all get hot any game and put up some points.

Maybe we get a big snt deal done with Crawford and maybe we don't, but all of our signings so far are as good as you can expect when the vet minimums FA pickings are so slim.

This time last year we all were screaming for Shaq at the MLE, I think Radman, TMac, and Watson will be way more productive than Shaq was last season.

He just as good as Korver so it's whatever.