• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague has a tough task ahead!

sillent

These are the first 10 point guards and company Teague will see when the season starts.

1 Deron Williams 3x

2 John Wall

3 Kyle Lowry/Goran Dragic/Johnny Flynn

4 Mario Chalmers

5 Kemba Walker/DJ Augustin 2x

6 Derrick Rose

7 Darron Collison

8 Ricky Rubio

9 Jose Calderon/Jarod Bayless

10 Raymond Felton

I believe Teague is up for challenge if healthy. Teague is in the mold of a Derrick Rose/ Rajan Rondo type point guard meaning he is more effective driving to the whole and controlling the tempo. Teague like Derrick is not the most flashest passer but he has his own knack. His defense sets him apart from most if not all the point guards currently in the league. With his quickness and leaping ability he does for us at point guard what Josh does (or use to do) at small/power forward. Once he gets a little better with his on ball defense his quickness and athleticism is going to cause problems for a lot of guards.

These early match ups are going to prove early on where Teague compares to the rest of the top tier point guards in the league. I think he will show flashes of brilliance in some occasions but he's still young so I expect some mistakes. If he controls the tempo and runs the team Rondo style we are going to be a very tough team to beat. Our core players are more athletic than Bostons so I expect us to be even more exciting.

Well it is not like Teague will be the only one having to guard these guys. I am sure Joe will help out with the bigger guards like Felton and D. Williams who will use their weight advantage to try and bully Teague. Green and Pargo will also help in limited minutes.

PG is the deepest position in the NBA. No question about it.

Teague is a Devin Harris clone

Devin Harris has no heart. He's a player that cries when he's not winning. I want players that put the weight on their shoulder to win via D Rose. I hope Teague is nothing like Devin Harris in those regards.

Devin Harris has no heart. He's a player that cries when he's not winning. I want players that put the weight on their shoulder to win via D Rose. I hope Teague is nothing like Devin Harris in those regards.

I was really just referring to the way they play. Super athletic guards with inconsistent shooting and adequate to slightly above average passing ability.
  • Like 1

One of the biggest things JT has to learn is to play aggresive defense without

drawing the foul. He will learn. This comes with experience. He was in foul

trouble last night. His defense was great.

Country song. "You gotta know when to hold 'em - You gotta know when to fold 'em"

or something like that. JT has to learn when he can stop the opponent and when

to simply let him go. He will.

JT will only get better and better. We've got ourselves a great one!!

scenic.gif

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think the Hawks have finally found their PG since Mookie.

Sho'll nuff.

I made the comment when Teague was buried under Woody that the kid could get to the hole any time he wanted to. The only question was whether or not he could finish. People tried to write him off after his rookie season (c'mon son!), but I maintained that we should not give up on him and CERTAINLY NOT include him on the tail end of any trade. Not until we see him full time.

Potential like that is dangerous. A player that fast, who can get to the basket any time he wants is not something you just give up on after a couple of seasons in the dog house. If that shot keeps falling, we may have something a little more than just a PG.... He made some "OMFG!" shots tonight (including one that should have been a no-call but what ever), some big time moves just like he did in the playoffs.

It's time to turn him loose. That could be a deadly combo with JJ...just flat out dangerous.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Say what you want about NJ's sorriness. D-Will is still one of the best defensive PGs in the game. Teague made him look poor. Tomorrow will be the test. Kyle Lowry is a guard that gets very little respect but is a very good all around guard. IF Teague can play the way he did tonight, tomorrow... OH Yeah.

I haven't fully warmed up to Teague, but I was ultra-impressed and happy with his attacking of the paint. He set a tone for the entire team to get inside and draw fouls. That has to be the most dribble-drives I've ever seen in years from the Hawks. We simply would've lost that game in previous years due to excessive jump shooting and lack of free throw attempts against a team who played hard all game and shot almost 50% from three. And Dominique poorly analyzed the weakside help of NJ and how it never came almost slighting Teague's ability and feel of the game: it came a majority if the time, but just a split second too late due to Teague's quickness and a few outstanding finishes. There's nothing I like more than a guy with the skill to beat his man off the dribble and consistently attack the hole, and Blink did a marvelous job tonight. If many of the NBA fraternity didn't take notice of him after the Bulls series thinking he played over his head (guilty), Deron Williams will certainly get the word out that you better be ready for some serious pressure on both ends.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

These are the first 10 point guards and company Teague will see when the season starts.

1 Deron Williams 3x

2 John Wall

3 Kyle Lowry/Goran Dragic/Johnny Flynn

4 Mario Chalmers

5 Kemba Walker/DJ Augustin 2x

6 Derrick Rose

7 Darron Collison

8 Ricky Rubio

9 Jose Calderon/Jarod Bayless

10 Raymond Felton

I believe Teague is up for challenge if healthy. Teague is in the mold of a Derrick Rose/ Rajan Rondo type point guard meaning he is more effective driving to the whole and controlling the tempo. Teague like Derrick is not the most flashest passer but he has his own knack. His defense sets him apart from most if not all the point guards currently in the league. With his quickness and leaping ability he does for us at point guard what Josh does (or use to do) at small/power forward. Once he gets a little better with his on ball defense his quickness and athleticism is going to cause problems for a lot of guards.

These early match ups are going to prove early on where Teague compares to the rest of the top tier point guards in the league. I think he will show flashes of brilliance in some occasions but he's still young so I expect some mistakes. If he controls the tempo and runs the team Rondo style we are going to be a very tough team to beat. Our core players are more athletic than Bostons so I expect us to be even more exciting.

Why should we be scared of Lowry, Chalmers and walker? Felton is good, but not scary good or anything. Teague basically matched Williams tonight,

Why should we be scared of Lowry, Chalmers and walker? Felton is good, but not scary good or anything. Teague basically matched Williams tonight,

Deron - while VERY talented has always been a bit on the slow side. I remember a game against Utah when they had to have a different guy dribble the ball up the court because Speedy Claxton was eating Deron's lunch an it looked like they would lose possessions on 8 second calls.

Of course Deron got in better shape and Speedy retired due to injury soon after that.

But still - Deron isn't nearly fast as a PG...probably one of the slowest in the league.

Wall was smoking everybody for awhile the other night.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I was just posting the guards Teague would have to face early on. However all of these guards bring a different element. I missed the Rockets game but I believe Lowry answered your question. Walker is a beast and can be trouble if not contained. Chalmers is a wild card and good defender that has the potential but is missing key mental elements.