Marvin Williams

sillent

I saw McGrady come in early with the starters. He doesn't have to start but with a revamped Marvin spending a lot of time with our bench he could be the "Most Improved Player" this year. If we needed a scoring lift off the bench Marvin would be our best scorer and first option. This is not a call for Marvin to come off the bench just an observation of our versatility.

With a healthy Marvin he is due for a break out season and in different roles against different competition he can be an ex factor. With our starters he creates spacing,scoring,defense. With our bench he could be a key go to guy.

When we face teams like MIA(Lebron)/BOS(Pierce)/NY(Carmelo) (I think you get my point), Marvin should be key with the starters for defense and another offensive threat. Against some of the other teams he might be more effective getting more minutes with our bench.

I think all in all Larry Drew is going to have fun mixing and matching our lineups to get the advantage in games.

• Premium Member

I hope Marvin plays this hard all season. It raises his trade value. I'm still hoping that we can move some combo of Marvin and Horf and even Teague (what am I saying) for Howard. Teague added if we have to take back Nelson. However, Teague is slowly taking himself off the table. I really want Howard, but Teague is making himself a star if he keeps it up. But if Marvin looks really good by trade deadline, he'd work just as well.

Marvin did look aggressive and his shot looked great but he also had the same out of control drives we're used to seeing. He decides to take it to the hole only to wind up jumping into defenders and falling down on his butt and not actually getting the ball anywhere close to the rim. We shall see.

Marvin did look aggressive and his shot looked great but he also had the same out of control drives we're used to seeing. He decides to take it to the hole only to wind up jumping into defenders and falling down on his butt and not actually getting the ball anywhere close to the rim. We shall see.

I completely agree. I thought he played great but some of those drives where very clumsy. Good to see someone on this team drive though.

Marvin finally looked healthy and his perimeter shot is back.

A bad hip/back messes your foundation, shooting stroke, and everything else up.

Hopefully he can stay healthy and can hit perimeter shots consistently.

Hopefully he doesn't hurt his back/hip again with on one of his out of control drives to the paint.

• Moderators

LOL. Marvin's perimeter shot is back? I had to go look it up because I kept seeing him miss his jumpers. He shot 3-9. I'm not saying he didn't have a good game. He did and he looks a lot better physically. His basketball skills I think are what they are though. If he stays aggressive it'll really help us.

Thought MW played within himself and did what we need him to do. If he and the rest of the subs all do a little bit each they will make up for Craw

Tired of hearing the "make up for Crawford theme" as if Crawford scored 30 a game. Our bench scored 55 in their first outing and the cohesive defense alone makes up for Crawford. I like Crawford and tried to convince everyone 2 years ago that he would be a great addition to our team but his defense makes his scoring irrelevant. A lot of times we needed him to hit big shots to win games because he/we couldn't stop the opposition. We should see close games a lot less if our defense is on all cylinders. Our offense and offensive schemes make scoring less problematic.

• Like 4

Do ya'll realize Marvin's "Clumsiness" draws a ton of fouls???

It is also the culprit of his hip and back injury / surgery.

You almost wonder if he should be more selective with his out of control drives since his body can't take the punishment. We see that a Marvin, with a healed core, can stretch the defense with his shot but an injured Marvin looses that shooting touch.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Tired of hearing the "make up for Crawford theme" as if Crawford scored 30 a game. Our bench scored 55 in their first outing and the cohesive defense alone makes up for Crawford. I like Crawford and tried to convince everyone 2 years ago that he would be a great addition to our team but his defense makes his scoring irrelevant. A lot of times we needed him to hit big shots to win games because he/we couldn't stop the opposition. We should see close games a lot less if our defense is on all cylinders. Our offense and offensive schemes make scoring less problematic.

Amen Brother! I would much rather see the ball movement displayed by our bench in last night's game than Iso-Crawford any day. Plus the defense of this group make them much more desirable

• Premium Member

Amen Brother! I would much rather see the ball movement displayed by our bench in last night's game than Iso-Crawford any day. Plus the defense of this group make them much more desirable

What a minute. Our bench is much more experienced than either bench that played when we had Crawford. I mean, come on, you're talking about Powell vs. Radman. Hell, I can't name anybody else off of those benches. Seriously, I'm searching my mind for a name and coming up with Zilch. However, having TMac, Radman, and even Green is making a difference in how we play. We have a defensive bench. When Crawford played, he was the bench.

• Like 1