• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sources says earlier this month the hawks offered joe johnson and josh smith for Howard.

yungsta

They wouldn't trade Josh in a deal to get Howard. Josh would be one of the primary reasons for him to STAY in Atlanta. That is his best friend. The Magic would want a center back and that is why Horford would go to Orlando.

No offence to you personally Sothron, but no one can honestly say Smoove would be a primary reason for Howard to come here. Smoove might be an influencing factor if Howard become a free agent and the Hawks and another team offer the same deal the same deal, but that's about it.

With enough $$ they can charter a private jet to see their BFF any time they want.

They can keep Dwight for allnof that. Take horn and some fillers and beat it. The magic have no leverage

They have leverage in that other teams will be offering sweet deals for Howard as well:

Gasol + Bynum combo for example.

Horford + JJ has some appeal...........hearing that their owner is 85 years old and does not want to rebuild could make JJ's contract more acceptible. Horford will be a draw in central Florida due to his Gator roots and back to back NCAA Championships.

JJ/Horf for Dwight/Hedo is a deal that's not so bad.

The deadline deal that I'm eyeing is:

JJ/Horf/Marvin/Kirk/1st for Dwight, Hedo, Nelson, Duhon, and QRichardson.

Orlando reloads and gets some cap space.

Horf, Big Baby, Joe, Jason, and Kirk look like a team that can do some damage.

I would do this. Good job Diesel.

PG- Teague/Nelson/Duhon

SG-T-Mac/Nelson/Q-Rich

SF-Hedo/Q-Rich/Stackhouse

PF-Smoove/Vlad/Ivan

C-Howard/Zaza/Collins

Two hometowns stars in Smoove and D12. This team could be pretty good.

• Moderators

I would do this. Good job Diesel.

PG- Teague/Nelson/Duhon

SG-T-Mac/Nelson/Q-Rich

SF-Hedo/Q-Rich/Stackhouse

PF-Smoove/Vlad/Ivan

C-Howard/Zaza/Collins

Two hometowns stars in Smoove and D12. This team could be pretty good.

Is that Hawks team better than the Magic teams that can't win in the playoffs the last 2 years? The 2 and 3 positions are very creaky

• Premium Member

Is that Hawks team better than the Magic teams that can't win in the playoffs the last 2 years? The 2 and 3 positions are very creaky

I would have to agree. That team would make the playoffs, but is not a title contender. I think any deal for Dwight should be limited to just one of Smith, Horf or JJ and that's if he is willing to resign.

I would have to agree. That team would make the playoffs, but is not a title contender. I think any deal for Dwight should be limited to just one of Smith, Horf or JJ and that's if he is willing to resign.

I think we can dominate the Heat with that lineup.

Smoove and Howard will have a field day on Miami's bigs.

I don't see anyone driving on us with that lineup. I see 8-9 blocks a game from Smoove/Dwight

I don't see how we wont be a contender.

But yeah I rather not give up JJ.

If we can do Horf/picks/filler it would of course be better.

Edited by GameTime

1. LOL, Diesel trading a trade proposal that has Marvin in it.

2. I wouldn't trade Joe. A top 3-5 SG when there are only 8 good SG in the NBA. I would trade Smith and if it came to it, Horford. We could trade for Al Jefferson or Bargs for Hinrich and get good production out of the PF position. We can't find the same type of player at SG because their just aren't that many on the available much less on the market.

3. Teague has to stay no matter what.

4. It would be retarded to trade all three guys. Like NBA2k override retarded. That would be the biggest rape of all time and Dwight would leave ASAP.

5. We will see what happens in March. Clearly, I am not putting too much stock into this. We have a long time and a lot of competing suitors.

But now the CP3 thing makes more sense. I was wondering why we would turn down a real chance at CP3 if we didn't have another deal that we felt was better for us.

Out of curiosity would you rather have cp3 or howard. For some reason i would have given up more for cp3. I just like him better.

I like CP3 better with Horford more than Smith or Horford with Howard. I like Howard>>>CP3 though.

I am not big on the fit for Smith/Howard. I didn't even think it was a good AAU fit in the early 2000's. Horford and Howard is a good fit but it isn't a great fit. I like Lewis/Howard so much more even though Horford/Howard is a much more talented tandem.

I'll rather keep Joe who is a perfect fit with Howard, Teague, and trade for a PF like Al Jefferson or a perfect fit in Bargs. That would be perfect. So many overpaid PF on bad contract that could be had for only Hinrich. I rather think of Hinrich as an excellent trade piece given what we would need in the market.

JJ/Horf for Dwight/Hedo is a deal that's not so bad.

The deadline deal that I'm eyeing is:

JJ/Horf/Marvin/Kirk/1st for Dwight, Hedo, Nelson, Duhon, and QRichardson.

Orlando reloads and gets some cap space.

Horf, Big Baby, Joe, Jason, and Kirk look like a team that can do some damage.

No...that's just having the Orlando team here in Atlanta w/ Josh

• Premium Member

No offence to you personally Sothron, but no one can honestly say Smoove would be a primary reason for Howard to come here. Smoove might be an influencing factor if Howard become a free agent and the Hawks and another team offer the same deal the same deal, but that's about it.

With enough $$ they can charter a private jet to see their BFF any time they want.

I took no offense from your post. But of course they can say Josh would be a deciding factor. It isn't a secret that Josh and Dwight are best friends. Who wouldn't want to play with their best friend if given a chance? Not to mention their friendship but as I already said (and you forgot to mention in your post) the Magic wouldn't WANT Josh. They would need a center to replace Dwight which is where Horford would go.

• Moderators

I took no offense from your post. But of course they can say Josh would be a deciding factor. It isn't a secret that Josh and Dwight are best friends. Who wouldn't want to play with their best friend if given a chance? Not to mention their friendship but as I already said (and you forgot to mention in your post) the Magic wouldn't WANT Josh. They would need a center to replace Dwight which is where Horford would go.

Maybe they've both figured out that working with your best friend can be a disaster. Also, its possible that Josh doesn't plan on being a Hawk after this contract or he thinks that the Hawks won't be able to extend him if dwight's on the roster.

That is true but if JJ was traded, they will probably have the cap room to resigned Josh plus we got the anmesty card as well for instant cap room if need.

My feeling about this, if D12 is willing to sign a ext to play here, then do the trade but we cant be like that other trade that i wont even speak of(it still hurts my heart after so many years). I know that Sund want to pull an blockbuster before he ride off into the sun. I know its risky but the rewards is greater and our goal is getting to ECF and beyond.

• Premium Member

That is true but if JJ was traded, they will probably have the cap room to resigned Josh plus we got the anmesty card as well for instant cap room if need.

My feeling about this, if D12 is willing to sign a ext to play here, then do the trade but we cant be like that other trade that i wont even speak of(it still hurts my heart after so many years). I know that Sund want to pull an blockbuster before he ride off into the sun. I know its risky but the rewards is greater and our goal is getting to ECF and beyond.

There's no way Sund would trade for Howard unless he agreed to an extension. Danny Manning destroyed the "oral agreement" to resign trust factor with the Hawks. I don't see Sund falling for that.

It isn't a secret that Josh and Dwight are best friends. Who wouldn't want to play with their best friend if given a chance?

I have never seen one quote where either player called each other their best friend. They played together in high school, for all we know they cannot stand each other off the court.

Out of curiosity would you rather have cp3 or howard. For some reason i would have given up more for cp3. I just like him better.

7ft HOF Center vs dime a dozen 6ft PG. Exaggeration for sure, but give me the once in a decade type center all day long...

no way this is true, orlando would not turn down jj and smith for howard who is going to be gone anyways

I would. JJ at 20 million a year three years from now equals Rashard and Gilbert. They can do a lot better than Josh and the future Rashard Lewis or Agent Zero for Howard. Bank on it...