• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh is Getting Roasted by Matt Bonner...Seriously!

MoBetta

1. I guess we'll have to wait for Timmy to retire for us to win in San Antonio since we haven't won since he's been there

2. Joe go score 21! When you do we win point blank.

3. Josh is Josh...no need trying to figure him out or get mad when he plays bad or giddy when he plays great.

4. If not for Jeff Teague no telling where this team will be. His perimeter defense is pretty good. I mean he kept TP in front of him most of the night he was on him.

5. LD is like Woody when it comes to pleading cases to refs. Please get a tech if need be. Im not asking for LD to become Bobby Cox but when you know we are getting no calls whatsoever you gotta say something before one of your players do, Most of the time that player is Josh.

6. Just one game. We will bounce back and unlike this team in the past we will not go on a 3-4 game skid. Detroit, NO, and Toronto are games we WILL win. Mark my words. I'm more worried about our first 2 games back in the highlight factory then those 3.

That is all...

Who cares about beating this teams? No big feat there. After two big wins early, this team has slipped back to the usual beat the bad teams and fold against good teams. Same old Hawks.

• Premium Member

Who cares about beating this teams? No big feat there. After two big wins early, this team has slipped back to the usual beat the bad teams and fold against good teams. Same old Hawks.

Show of hands of people surprised he comes back to gloat about the Hawks losing? Yeah...that's what I thought.

• Moderators

Didn't see the game thank goodness. Josh did have the only postive +/- on the team (at zero!).

It used to be that the best teams in the nba never got blown out but now it seems to happen regularly. We don't play well against SA. We still have a long way to go and some probable trades so no sense freaking because we lost in SA.

• Premium Member

You guys are more inconsistent than Josh. One day you love him, then the next you want him benched. Imagine if your bosses carried on like this after you had a bad day at work.

**Newsflash**

This is what Bonner does! He’s been known to get hot. [bleep] happens guys!

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

Im not a huge Al fan but last night was just another game we missed Al. Splitter was killing IVAN simply because he was longer. If we had Al we would've had za za coming off the bench guarding him. Also with Al being present Joe (since joe loves to just make the right pass) would've had that mid range knock down guy. We'll miss Al again against Memphis and Phili. With Al and Kirk on this team I still believe we can beat anybody especially in the East.

Why oh why did we get trapped with Blow Johnson...

10 pts, 5 out of 12 attempts... why does Teague and Smoove have more shot attempts, rather than our "star" that got over 120 mill in a contract. Man I love this guy. He is an inspiration to all who want to come to the NBA and money dig. Who cares about rings when you got 120 millie!!!!!

d32a53de5fdaf1ab7dce3b0fd26e-grande.jpg

Edited by Bawse
  • Like 1

Josh is Josh and there's no changing him. When he

s hot, he's hot and when he's cold, he can't adjust.

He's sure the next one is going in.

On defense, he wanders around in his own little world.

Just try coming over me. I'll block you. I can't even see

you behind the three point circle, Bonner. Come on down

here and try to dunk on me. Quit hitting those threes.

Everyone else plays man to man. Josh plays zone.

JJ runs hot and cold with his scoring. When he's hot, no one

can stop him. When he's cold, any one can. No wonder we

all have this love / hate feeling about these two. They are our

best. Our finest. When they do well, Hawks do well. When they

don't, the Spurs game in the last half is the results. We live

and die with what they do.

Friday night. Detroit. Let's make those Pistons pay for this

terrible, let down feeling that we all have.

GO ATLANTA!!

You guys are more inconsistent than Josh. One day you love him, then the next you want him benched. Imagine if your bosses carried on like this after you had a bad day at work.

**Newsflash**

This is what Bonner does! He’s been known to get hot. [bleep] happens guys!

U obviously don't know anything about me. I don't jump on Josh's Bandwagon when he (seems) to play well becuz I know Josh the dummy will be back soon enough.. I don't praise him for stuff he's supposed to be doing.

just if he put a hand he blocked his shot. i realised that Josh lately doesnt contest jumpshots. kinda lazy

He rarely ever has. Him and Bibby have the most annoying contests, Bibby with his throwing a hand in your face while the ball is already through the rim and Josh with his gently swiping a guy's hip or knee while they are elevated in the air.

Guys there's no one to blame for Matt Bonners wide open threes but Larry Drew. An adjustment shoulda been made once Drew figured out Pops plan to allow Bonner to screen down then catch a double screen back out for a wide open three point shot. There's not a basketball player in the world that can run through double pick to contest a shot. Drews decision to make Josh help against Duncan on the backside left us at mercy of three point shooters. It was a gamble that shoulda been changed early in the game. Blame Drew for that loss.

Guys there's no one to blame for Matt Bonners wide open threes but Larry Drew. An adjustment shoulda been made once Drew figured out Pops plan to allow Bonner to screen down then catch a double screen back out for a wide open three point shot. There's not a basketball player in the world that can run through double pick to contest a shot. Drews decision to make Josh help against Duncan on the backside left us at mercy of three point shooters. It was a gamble that shoulda been changed early in the game. Blame Drew for that loss.

If you can't defend Duncan straight up then you have to double him. You always try and stop the team from scoring inside before you worry about defending 3pt shooters and letting the best PF of all time to beat you one on one. I might consider going that route like we did against the Magic but then they had their other bigs beating us as well. Granted I didn't see the game but I'm going off of what I've read and saw in the highlights.