• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Big Lizards

I hope the guys are ready to go, they need to end this 5-game road trip on a postive note - winning 4 of 5.

Time to end this streak:

The Hawks look to win four times on a five-game trip for the first time in more than 40 years when they face the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday night.

Atlanta (15-6) has posted victories over Milwaukee, Detroit and New Orleans while losing to San Antonio on a trip which began last Monday. The Hawks haven't won four games on a five-game trip since going 5-0 from Dec. 8-14, 1968. They've had 16 five-game road swings since.

• Moderators

Was hoping we wouldn't have Leandro Barbosa (ankle) to kick us around again, but it looks like he'll play. Also hoping Linas Kleiza continues his good-game, bad-game pattern. Both guys have been instrumental as Toronto has also won 3 of their past 4 road games.

The Raps hack an awful lot (most PFs/game; second-highest Opponent Free Throw Rate). The Hawks will want to keep Amir Johnson and Aaron Gray (3rd and 2nd in PFs/game in the league) in foul trouble, and make Toronto pay at the free throw line. Healthy servings of Teague (shooting 80% in his last 20 FTs) and Joe (shooting 88% in his last 50 FTs) driving into the paint will help. Ivan is top 10 in And-1 percentage, and shoots 85%, so his bull-in-china-shop approach on offense will be welcome.

The Raps are also poor offensive rebounders (3rd worst in the NBA), yet they out-rebounded us on both ends last time in Atlanta. Assuming the Hawks start Zaza instead of Twin this time, we should expect better overall play on the boards, forcing Toronto to one-and-done offense.

Toronto is quite effective in passing for short jumpers (1st in percentage of 3-9 foot baskets that are assisted). Incidentally, it's the area on the floor where the Hawks' opponents convert shots off of passes at the highest percentage in the league. Atlanta will need Marvin, Josh, and Ivan to force DeMar DeRozan and James Johnson into shots further out, and the wing players need to be ready to cut off passes in the paint when Jerryd Bayless and Jose Calderon direct the ball inside.

~lw3

Well I did predict that we'd go 4-1 on this road trip, with our only loss being a blowout to the Spurs, and so far I've been 100% correct... so I expect that the Hawks will try and screw this up for me, but I'm hoping that they will make me look like a genius and finish this trip out with a win tonight.

• Like 1

Well I did predict that we'd go 4-1 on this road trip, with our only loss being a blowout to the Spurs, and so far I've been 100% correct... so I expect that the Hawks will try and screw this up for me, but I'm hoping that they will make me look like a genius and finish this trip out with a win tonight.

LOL i predicted 3-2 with loss to Spurs and this Toronto game...please let me be wrong about that angel19.gif

The starters again come out with no effort to start the second half. LD again with no adjustments in the lineup for over 7 minutes, maybe its the "if I ignore the problem long enough it will go away" strategy he is employing?

Slight overreaction, but this has been a common theme all year.

We have not lost to a team below .500 - that is a step in the right direction for this team, beat the teams you are expected to beat. Next take care of home court and be .500 or better on road (8-5)

We have not lost to a team below .500 - that is a step in the right direction for this team, beat the teams you are expected to beat. Next take care of home court and be .500 or better on road (8-5) and be .500 or better against the west (3-2).

Added on to your statement, which I certainly agree with.

The record against losing teams seems like a gimmie, but honestly it does show a stronger focus and commitment. Even though it was a 2nd round loss in the playoffs last year it it seems like the team has had stronger commitment to winning since then. But they got a tough month coming up. No doubt some L's will while up in Feb... It will be interesting to see how the team holds together.

• Like 1

The record against losing teams seems like a gimmie, but honestly it does show a stronger focus and commitment. Even though it was a 2nd round loss in the playoffs last year it it seems like the team has had stronger commitment to winning since then. But they got a tough month coming up. No doubt some L's will while up in Feb... It will be interesting to see how the team holds together.

Nothing is ever a "gimme" with this team.