• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any Realistic chance Drew will be Fired in Season?

swolehawk2

Yep, the same leap we have made plenty times before, 2nd round exit.

This team makes the same mistakes repeatedly, year to year.

No accountability on this team, none.

If I hear "we got too selfish out there" or "we need to share the ball" one more time I might lose it.

Edited by swolehawk2
  • Like 1

On another note, L.D. has no backbone. I really want to punch him in that stupid, expressionless face of his.

Hawks play through two senseless, horrific possessions and the lead escalates to twenty and L.D. just sits there and watches.

STAND THE F**K UP AND SHOW SOME EMOTION!! YOUR TEAM'S COLLAPSING, SHOW SOME DAMN INTEREST!

• Like 1

I wish I could respond to every one of these posts - because all make sense - to a degree.

LD lost me tonight - and there is a good chance that he lost some of his best players - which means he lost his team - and he lost the Atlanta Hawks.

Top level coaches see dips and minimize them. They also understand the difference in a battle between lower level teams and higher level teams....but that is unimportant if a team is unprepared...and that's what I think we are at this point. unprepared.

We have lost three homegames in a row in basically "slaughters"...at the Highlight Factory.

We have still had everybody we won the other games with except JaCo. The primary difference has been better coaching by the opposition....IMHO.

"THE GANG THAT CAN'T SHOOT STRAIGHT"

Remember that comedy movie? This is no comedy but, it's not the fault of the coach

when his players can't get the ball in the goal.

This is the same team, basically, that was winning before. They were hitting those shots.

Now, the same players and the same shots. Different results.

What has happened? It's a mystery. Too many problems at home? Maybe for some,

but for all? I hardly think so. Too much drinking? Too much wild party life? Hung over

from lack of sleep and rest and\or booze?

If any one is injured, we're not being told about it and they are still playing.

Front office is afraid to make a move. Might upset the chemestry. Really? This team

is so stagnant that they are beginning to stink. Mamby pamby. That's them. We are

desperate for a 7 foot center. Have been for many seasons. We don't know how to

rebound. We watch as team after team grabs rebounds as if they had magnets and the

ball was being drawn to them. Sure, I know. Being at the right place at the right time

amd all that but ---------------------

It's not the coaches fault. He's not out there on the floor. He's the same guy who was the

coach before we came home and the entire team began to major in the "Sleepwalk Mode."

He runs player in and out. It doesn't help. LD has his faults. They shine like new money

when the team is being blown away, game after game. at the Highlight Factory.

Fault? There's enough for everyone involved in the product on the floor for Atlanta to take

a big helping. From the owners, the GM, the head coach and all his assistant coaches

and every player who wears a Hawk uniform. Bring your shovels and a big truck. Load up.

Pathetic is bragging on what's happening. They're not up that high. They all stink.

• Premium Member

well, one would guess it's LD's job to fix the team. I don't see it happening. Maybe the players aren't listening to him anymore, and if that's the case, he's as good as gone. It's easier to change the coach than the players. OTOH, haven't we already watched that movie, didn't Woody suffer through the very same situation. We need changes in the roster AND in the coaching staff. The sooner the better.

May God help our Hawks, for I can't see a human being fixing this team in the current season.

Still, I'm a fan, and I won't quit cheering for them. GO HAWKS!

Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Premium Member

I'm tired of blaming coaches. I'm all for blaming ownership and to a lesser degree the players. Why? Ownership has drug their feet. They haven't done anything of note with this team since they got Joe the first time. Since then, very weak attempts at upgrading.

Exactly. Blaming the coach yet again and using him as a scapegoat is just another excuse to avoid addressing the real issues. LD has his flaws, but he's certainly not the only issue.

• Like 2

Not playing joe and josh in the 4th quarter who were the only two starters doing anything last was the dumbest decision ever. You are not going to win games with your best players sitting on the bench. Vlad did absolutely nothing last night, so that sub in was incredubly stupid. There was also one particular play where marvin drove the ball which resulted in a charge instead of giving it to josh who has hot at the time that annoyed the crap out of me. Joe and Josh got us back into the game, then all of a sudden we stopped going to them. I was never a fan of hiring larry drew because he's the exact same coach as woody. We had a chance to hire much better coaches, but we wrnt the cheap route instead. Now we are stuck with him.

• Premium Member

dumbest move in Hawks history. Woody must be somewhere in heaven smiling.

Well....maybe it's the second dumbest. Dumbest was making a lifeless player the face of the franchise.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

• Moderators

If you think LD lost this game thats crazy. After watching however many (six?) years of woody's incompetence and excuse making you think LD will be fired because we can't compete with good teams. Marvin was bricking, Josh was chucking, no one could keep up with nash. LD is not the problem.

• Like 1