• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any Realistic chance Drew will be Fired in Season?

swolehawk2

• Premium Member

Exactly. Blaming the coach yet again and using him as a scapegoat is just another excuse to avoid addressing the real issues. LD has his flaws, but he's certainly not the only issue.

I disagree, the man is NOT head coach material. But this is what you get when you have the cheapest coach in the league. What you dont seem to grasp is the fact that he has ZERO leadership skills, showing he cant control the team and the main one is Smoove.

• Premium Member

They aren't firing Drew. He's already the cheapest coach in the NBA. They wouldn't fire Woody twice when BK wanted him gone because they refused to pay his salary plus a new coach's salary. They wouldn't talk to Adelman despite his agent calling because they didn't want to pay him what it would take. The A$G would only hire another cheap assistant coach in the offseason anyways.

• Premium Member

I disagree, the man is NOT head coach material. But this is what you get when you have the cheapest coach in the league. What you dont seem to grasp is the fact that he has ZERO leadership skills, showing he cant control the team and the main one is Smoove.

So you think LD is totally responsible for this team's shortcomings? The extremely flawed and overvalued core, annually undersized and weak rebounding front court has nothing to do with it? Right. Again, LD has his flaws, but implying he's the only problem is ridiculous. And wasn't it LD who boldly changed the lineup in the playoffs last year to lead them to a series win over a team who swept them in record fashion the previous year despite many fans crying that it wouldn't work?

• Like 1

LD is a good coach. I really like him. It's funny NYK defense looks a lot better now that they have a real PG. I hate blaming coaches for stupid a*s personnel grouping that does not fit.

• Premium Member

Yep, the same leap we have made plenty times before, 2nd round exit.

This team makes the same mistakes repeatedly, year to year.

No accountability on this team, none.

If I hear "we got too selfish out there" or "we need to share the ball" one more time I might lose it.

No, it's a different leap. We actually won 2 games in the 2nd round and we actually beat a good team in the first...Before game 7.

• Like 1

Not a huge fan of L.D., but I certainly don't hate him. The guy was hired to come up with a great gameplan to defeat the same team that demolished us a year earlier in the playoffs and he did that. How soon we forget. We are severely hampered size-wise without Al and Twin. We lose a few games we could/ should win. It happens. I would hope he wouldn't be canned mid-season without an alternative who has had considerable playoff success and a concrete offensive philosophy. Unlike some players on this team, the investment in L.D. is actually very cost-effective and smart based on results. He is considerably over .500. You would think he was considerably under judging by our board.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Doug Collins has coached circles around LD! Yes the Sixers have talent but are they more talented than the Hawks? Me say no.

Good teams have good coaches. We have to connect the dots here. The Hawks sucking versus good teams may have something to do with inferior coaching.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Doug Collins has coached circles around LD! Yes the Sixers have talent but are they more talented than the Hawks? Me say no.

Good teams have good coaches. We have to connect the dots here. The Hawks sucking versus good teams may have something to do with inferior coaching.

The Sixers are 100%, absolutely, positively, more talented and deep than the Hawks are. I can't believe anyone would think otherwise as they are loaded with young, athletic players who can actually play on both ends of the floor. It's not an accident that they are winning so many games and it's certainly not because Collins is such an amazing coach, although I do believe he is a good coach so don't get me wrong there.

• Like 2

Blame it all on the coach if you must. It's not all his fault. You can't win

unless you put the ball in the basket and prevent you opponent from doing

it more than you do. A simple concept, but so complicated to do.

Who is it that has such a very low shooting % from inside, outside, behind the

three point line and at the free throw line? Hint. It's not the coach.

I can understand how we get far fewer rebounds when the opponent has bigger,

taller players. Blame the coach. Oops. I forgot. He's not the one who obtains

these players. He just uses what's made available to him.

The thing that bugs me is not the taller players grabbing the rebound. I can

understand that. But, when all the rebounds seem to follow our opponent around

and always end up in their hands, regardless of where they are, How does that happen.

Guess we blame that on the coach.

Oh well. On to the next game.

GO HAWKS!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

So how can Woody be responsible for players not giving max effort but Drew is not? Defense and getting in the lane is all about effort.

Doug Collins is one of the three best coaches in the NBA to me.

Him

Pop

Aldeman/Carlisle are all elite coaches.

Some coaches are very good. Some like LD are good coaches. All coaches need personnel.

76ers are a better and more deeper team than the Hawks.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Seriously, we have not had a vet coach with a proven record since Lenny Wilkens.

This team is rarely as prepared as other good teams; we are wasting prime talent.

Any chance?

We lose our 2nd best player and you want to blame Drew. Honestly, the minute Horford went down lottery balls entered my head. If he gets us to the playoffs, management will be, and should be, patting him on the back for a job well done.

But for myself, I would like the lottery. Get Horf back next season, add a talented player, and maybe just maybe we get out of the second round for a change next season.

Edited by Buzzard