• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is what the Hawks will do to you.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Frustration in Orlando.

D-12 has called it a day. Here's my deal, why didn't we get any pub for beating the Magic. We outrebounded them. Quite Frankly, it looked like Zaza played to D-12's level. Last night, we were a hustling team. However, no news people cared to cover or comment on it.

• Like 2

Are you kidding me? We didn't blow them out by 20, we beat them by 5. Josh Smith's stat line is once again skewed to make people think he did great. He was still a very anemic 8-22 on shot attempts. We didn't beat the Magic, the Magic beat themselves by not knocking down their shots. Make no mistake about it, a win is a win, but to say we deserve some sort of notoriety for a sloppy win like that is laughable.

Are you kidding me? We didn't blow them out by 20, we beat them by 5. Josh Smith's stat line is once again skewed to make people think he did great. He was still a very anemic 8-22 on shot attempts. We didn't beat the Magic, the Magic beat themselves by not knocking down their shots. Make no mistake about it, a win is a win, but to say we deserve some sort of notoriety for a sloppy win like that is laughable.

This is crap, teams dont decide to just lose. The Magic didnt beat themselves we beat the Magic. One team wins and one team doesnt, the team that wins absolutely worked for it in every single game ever. Why does it have to be the magic beating themselves? Why cant it be the Hawks Defense? I know exactly why, because people on the forum have to have something to complain about. People cant just accept a quality win against a good team, there has to be a catch to why we won. Willie green and Pargo stepped up and WE won that game.

• Like 1

Frustration in Orlando.

D-12 has called it a day. Here's my deal, why didn't we get any pub for beating the Magic. We outrebounded them. Quite Frankly, it looked like Zaza played to D-12's level. Last night, we were a hustling team. However, no news people cared to cover or comment on it.

NBA.COM has it listed at the top right of their page. What more do you want when a 6 beats a 5, front page on the NY Times?

I'm not complaining about Josh's game from last nite, he did have a bad shooting nite but for the most part he played inside and missed some easy looks - I can live with that. The same way you say the Magic missed shots so did Josh from inside. Our defense did a helluva job closing out on their shooters and that is why they were missing, how many times did the Magic players have to readjust and reset to shoot because a Hawks player was closing out at them.

When the Hawks win, why is it always about what the other team didn't do - why can't we give the Hawks their due when they deserve it. No Al, JJ, Collins, T-Mac played 8 minutes, Damp didn't play - Zaza did yoeman's work on D12 which kept the other players close to their shooters.

Josh's FG% wasn't great, but I'll take what he gave us every night. He shot very few shots outside. He missed alot of inside shots due to the defense and he looked to be fouled on quite a few. From the TV, it didn't look like he stood around whining about the no calls. I liked what I saw from Josh last night. I pray Joe's comments get taken to heart and he starts playing inside more and stops worrying about stats and starts focusing more on winning. I did think he refused to give the ball up a little too much on the breaks, but right now, baby steps. Good win that the team desperately needed.

I had free tickets but debated whether it was worth going since I figured we'd be blown out. Instead, it was a good game. Maybe ugly, but good. I'd give the defense of both teams credit for making it an ugly game. No matter what anybody says it is still listed as a W in the standings. And it was fun to see Pargo and Green step up. ZaZa may have had his best game against Howard. Makes me wonder what that whole "Big Lineup" thing was about.

I think the Hawks played hard and I commend Josh for staying on the block for the most part. I only remember once thinking, "this idiot" when our big lead had dwindled to 3 points, and Josh (who hadn't shot the ball in a few possessions) hoists a long 2 with 15 seconds on the shot clock, completely out of flow. I was like, is there a worse shot to take when the other team has seized momentum and you're looking for something productive to turn the tide. Josh is often oblivious to these situations and that's why is BBIQ is called into question so much. But he just has such confindence in himself that he likely believes that those shots are going to fall.

Anyway, I too kind of felt that the Hawks won tonight because the Magic were just off from the outside. Their starters were 4-25 from outside the arc and many of them were open shots. We were fortunate, but I'll take it!!

• Premium Member

This is crap, teams dont decide to just lose. The Magic didnt beat themselves we beat the Magic. One team wins and one team doesnt, the team that wins absolutely worked for it in every single game ever. Why does it have to be the magic beating themselves? Why cant it be the Hawks Defense? I know exactly why, because people on the forum have to have something to complain about. People cant just accept a quality win against a good team, there has to be a catch to why we won. Willie green and Pargo stepped up and WE won that game.

The Magic lost by 30 to New Orleans. They aren't doing anything this season other than make the playoffs as a top seed in an anemic conference.

• Premium Member

Sorry but No Joe, No Horf, Bad shooting night from Josh and we still come out on top. Where's the credit to the defense? This is the same team that blew us out by an average of 25 when we were at full strength a few years back.

• Premium Member

Sorry but No Joe, No Horf, Bad shooting night from Josh and we still come out on top. Where's the credit to the defense? This is the same team that blew us out by an average of 25 when we were at full strength a few years back.

Niether us nor the Magic are the same team this season. What's your point?

• Moderators

We needed any kind of win and beat an opponent with a better record that is ahead of us in the standings. I'll take that any way I can get it right now.

• Like 1

The point is you beat a team that is above you in the standings. Why is it always about the other teams short comings when we win no matter how we win...smh.

Dwight was visibly checked out and I made the comment that Sunday will be his last game played in Orlando. The Magic are widely known as a team that has already fallen off their contender perch and are soon looking at occupying the depths of the standings due to Dwight setting his sights elsewhere. Simply put, they are not a team that scares anybody in the playoffs despite having a star and Atlanta just happens to have their number. It's truly not that great of a feat but we can take pride in the fact that the team set in motion, kicked off, or burried the last nail in the fall of a division rival.