• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith tells Hawks he wants trade [according to people with knowledge of Smith's thinking]

GameTime

• Premium Member

He lost weight so people couldn't blow past him anymore but now he doesn't have enough in the pants to keep from being pushed under the rim. I know he's a much better positional defender than he used to be, but he's a far cry from being a good one.

Still though, I would absolutely miss Josh Smith if he were traded and I do hope that we can hang onto him.

Honestly I think this is another of those things where we need to hear it come from Josh to give it any real credibility. Either that or a complete lack of denial from Josh on the matter would probably give it enough credibility.

This news isn't really that new though. M. Cunningham reported during training camp that Josh wasn't happy and would welcome a trade. This is probably why the Hawks were holding discussions with the T'Wolves during the draft. I think the Hawks realize they have to move him or atleast they should by now. I defenitely think he would walk if the Hawks allowed him to become a free agent. Something tells me he wants to join forces with Dwight in New Jersey once he does become a free agent.

If we lose josh we will be in deep deep trouble. Keep smoove and move everyone else

Brings to mind something one of the great philosophers once said, "I'm doomed. One little slip like that could cause the Great Pumpkin to pass you by."

• Premium Member

crazy.gif Well, well... Last night's game showed Birdbrain returning to his normal self after a couple of great games.

What can I say? I knew something good had to happen today! Josh must have a pretty decent trade value right now, we should be able to get some decent player/picks for him.

It was about time, BYE BYE BIRDBRAIN! Good Luck on your new team! super.gif

Rondo...

Varejao + pick...

Prince/Monroe...

Calderon + pick...

Nene...

David Lee...

Scola/Budinger...

DeAndre...

MGasol (we give our pick)...

Beasley/Pekovic (we give our pick)...

EricGordon/Aminu/Ayón (we give our pick)...

Gortat/Warrick...

G-Force/Batum...

Cousins/Salmons,,,

Millsap + pick...

I would do any of these and call it a day!

Edited by BrazilianHawk

The biggest blow here is that not even the hometown guys want to play here. That's even with a team that has been winning 40-53 games over the last 3 or 4 years. It seems this deadweight management is an issue for Josh and regardless if you want him here or not, that is understandable. These guys are such F--ups.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well if Josh doesn't want to play for the Hawks get rid of him. Either you are down with the team or your not. So trade him. Yes I would like him to stay but if you don't be here then we will get someone who does want to be here.

See in most cases I agree BUT.............nobody wants to play for this sorry franchise.......they are not commited to winning

Ownership - Terrible

Coach - Terrible

GM - Terrible

This time I will defend Josh......he and other players on this team know the ownership and GM are going to do nothing to improve the team. They know this is what they got and that is it. The Hawks are laughed at around the league.

If Josh is traded there definitely needs to be a solid center coming back to us.

Cap, nobody is going to offer Atlanta anything of worth for their players, other teams know about the Hawks situation. Thus a offer of Garnett is about all you get for Josh.

• Like 1

• Admin

I like these:

Rondo...

Varejao + pick...

Prince/Monroe...

MGasol (we give our pick)...

Gortat/Warrick...

Cousins/Salmons,,,

I would do any of these and call it a day!

Throw in Pau Gasol too.

Honestly the 'Varejao + pick...' is very interesting. Varejao would be a nice addition next to Al (his defense and rebounding) and their pick could lead to a very special player.

Edited by capstone21

No way in hell we should do a Varejao + pick.. thats too much of a downgrade.. lets get someone who has some upside to them and can improve

I like Smith. He's a career Hawk so far and presently, our best player (Horf, JJ injured). The BIG problem the Hawks have is JJ; declining play and mega-contract.

The only player I really want to hear trade talk about is JJ. His contract is a franchise killer. In a status quo situation, we'll see Smith's and Horford's primes play out saddled by the worst contract in the league.

If Smith is traded, I'm for a mini-rebuild with JJ moving ASAP.

I'm a Hawks fan first and foremost. I like Josh - I've always said he can have the most impact on outcome of games (good and bad). If he doesn't want to be here and he is traded, I would not be please but in the end I will be OK with that as long as what we get in return is something that will help the team now and/or in the future.

• Admin

Kevin Love or no deal... I don't even want to hear people talking about Monta Ellis if we still have JJ; that's 2-iso only players in one starting lineup... NO THANK YOU

Josh is not going to get you Kevin Love...he is probably the best PF in the NBA right now

• Like 1

Is Chad Ford still alive? He hasn't been relevant since his claims that Darko was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Well the Hoopsworld thread you started about Josh for Rondo, Nash, Monta is actually based off of a Chad Ford article.......

That and this wasn't started by Ford, this is MC reporting himself. I guess people just want to put blinders on.

Edited by MaceCase

• Premium Member

No way in hell we should do a Varejao + pick.. thats too much of a downgrade.. lets get someone who has some upside to them and can improve

Well their pick should be high enough to net us a quality prospect. And Varejao is actually doing very well. One coulf think Cleveland would reject a trade offer like that.