• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This ownership and organization sucks

Bawse

Both at the same time. We are destined for failure. The Atlanta Hawks are nothing but a void in the NBA. We do not even deserve to be in the playoffs. #*$&*# Larry Drew, Joe Johnson, Rick Sund, and most importantly #*$&*# THE ASG.

OUTTIE.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 2

I agree we have nothing to look forward to in the future or present. Early playoff exits, no cap space to go after significant free agents, dont having any extremely talent young prospects we can look forward to developing, No high enough draft picks to be excited to get any exciting prospects in the draft either. We are in the worst position in the NBA. Capped out and mediocre.

edit: just looked a the standings it looks like we gonna be in the 7th seed unless boston starts sucking again so we probably will face the heat in the first round. Im not looking forward to that.

Edited by yungsta

I expect to see more of these threads. ASG has been incompetent too long for them to walk around like their s**t don't stink.

• Like 1

Maybe I am wrong here but i thought the goal of the head coach and the GM was to position the team to make the playoffs on a year in year out basis....I remember completely and totally stinking up the joint for years before this team's core was brought together and would rather be here than where we were...

Is the ownership perfect? NO....Are we flawed in areas....YES

Are we missing AL...YES...Who knows where this current team really stacks up...Let's not cut the head's off everyone just yet...

As Sgt. Hulka says...Lighten up FRANCIS!!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Are we missing AL...YES...Who knows where this current team really stacks up...Let's not cut the head's off everyone just yet...

I can show you exactly where this team stacks up. They are essentially the same as these Hawks...1996-Hawks.png

50+ game winners

56-26

, Finished 2nd in

NBA

Central Division (

Schedule and Results)

Coach:

Lenny Wilkens (56-26)

PTS/G: 94.8 (23rd of 29) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 89.4 (4th of 29)

SRS: 5.17 (4th of 29) ▪ Pace: 86.8 (27th of 29)

Off Rtg: 108.5 (8th of 29) ▪ Def Rtg: 102.3 (3rd of 29)

Expected W-L: 57-25 (5th of 29)

Arena: Omni Coliseum ▪ Attendance: 585,802 (27th of 29)

The most undesirable place to be in the NBA is in the middle. Just good enough to make the playoffs, maybe the 2nd round:

slideshow_1002167326_hawks.0513_CC15.JPG

...but not bad enough to draft a star:

rookie.jpg

That is where we are. It's not gloom and doom. It's not pessimistic. It's not even bad really.

It's just....

ir·rel·e·vant/iˈreləvənt/

Adjective: Not connected with or relevant to [the bigger picture of the NBA].

Synonyms: irrelative - insignificant - unimportant - immaterial

More info »Wikipedia - Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster

Edited by Wretch
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Wretch put the hammer to the nail. We are playoff mediocre which is literally the worst place to be in the entire NBA. You aren't good enough to win a title and you are too good to slip into the lottery and luck out on a superstar that WOULD make you a serious contender.

• Premium Member

On the bright side the Hawks are still the best pro basketball team in Georgia.

• Like 1

I can show you exactly where this team stacks up. They are essentially the same as these Hawks...1996-Hawks.png

50+ game winners

56-26

, Finished 2nd in

NBA

Central Division (

Schedule and Results)

Coach:

Lenny Wilkens (56-26)

PTS/G: 94.8 (23rd of 29) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 89.4 (4th of 29)

SRS: 5.17 (4th of 29) ▪ Pace: 86.8 (27th of 29)

Off Rtg: 108.5 (8th of 29) ▪ Def Rtg: 102.3 (3rd of 29)

Expected W-L: 57-25 (5th of 29)

Arena: Omni Coliseum ▪ Attendance: 585,802 (27th of 29)

The most undesirable place to be in the NBA is in the middle. Just good enough to make the playoffs, maybe the 2nd round:

slideshow_1002167326_hawks.0513_CC15.JPG

...but not bad enough to draft a star:

rookie.jpg

That is where we are. It's not gloom and doom. It's not pessimistic. It's not even bad really.

It's just....

ir·rel·e·vant/iˈreləvənt/

Adjective: Not connected with or relevant to [the bigger picture of the NBA].

Synonyms: irrelative - insignificant - unimportant - immaterial

More info »Wikipedia - Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster

History tends to repeat it's self. And it has.

• Premium Member

SMH...

Destroy the core!

Deal JJ! (or whomever)

Fire Drew!

I understand you guys are upset (so am I) and think rebuilding would be better by now, BUT...

Do you guys realize the current team is the product of 9 year without even having a shot @ the playoffs?

You guys want to do it AGAIN? We have had incompetent GMs for how many years again? What about the owners?

My goodness... We have had 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 11th picks and so on... THIS is what they have managed to build. Even if we luck out in the lottery and land into a #1 pick, who's to say we wouldn't draw an Oden-type bust? Do you guys really think they would do any better a job this time. Remember, they're all INCOMPETENTS.

Jesus Christ, calm down and relax.

We have a good team. We need a coach as good (or better) as the roster.

Of course we are in a "semi-holding-pattern" somewhat due to ownership - but primarily due to very poor talent evaluation...and I...personally...lay that at BK's feet.

Face it - we were in the lottery a bunch of times. Sure, we never got that #1 pick, but we had all the tools we needed over about a four year span to get the players to be a perenial contender.

We drank the Koolaid that the national media was selling and drafted Marvin (a 3) over top quality at a position of need. We had just drafted a 3 the year before (I think) in Chillz...AND...we shouldn't have drafted Chillz either...almost everybody thought there were better choices. I would liken it to a gambler who keeps chasing his losses - trying to make up for them...it almost never works.

...and, the all-timer (and that's saying something with us) was Shelden - a #5 draft pick that we telegraphed and who took up residence in Woody's Doghouse almost as soon as he got here.

Heck - if we hadn't got lucky on Smoove as a 2nd-1st round pick (probably due to the local interest factor...not because the Hawks analyzed his potential) - we would be even WORSE off.

BK tried to do something revolutionary - if it had worked he would have been a super-genius.

But it didn't work so then we had to chase our tails to fill in for our weaknesses (like getting Bibby)...and we are basically still doing that. kickcan.gif