• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another great game from Joe

Sothron

Amazing what he's been able to do since giving his knee some rest and not having the wrist injury at the start of the season. He's been a man on a mission since coming back.

I agree. Maybe some teams will be interested in acquiring him if he keeps it up.

I agree. Maybe some teams will be interested in acquiring him if he keeps it up.

If Chicago doesnt win this year they very well could bite on him. They are probably gonna amnesty Boozer and just plug Gibson in for him. They were gonna pay him near Max anyway last summer.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It will be even more amazing if he plays like this every game for the rest of the season. Not 34 but 20 something and maybe even some of those rebound thingies.

With a max contract comes max expectations.

Yes, it is realistic to expect a player to average 34 points a game. Not unrealistic at all. And yes, he has been averaging over twenty a game since he's come back from the knee injury along with getting rebounds.

Joe in March (5 games) has been awesome! He is lighting it up from deep like he used to back in the day, back when they used to say Joe could routinely make shots sitting down at the 3pt line during practice.

<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <td> SPLIT</td> <td> G</td> <td> GS</td> <td> MPG</td> <td> FG%</td> <td> 3P%</td> <td> FT%</td> <td> OFF</td> <td> DEF</td> <td> RPG</td> <td> APG</td> <td> SPG</td> <td> BPG</td> <td> PPG</td> </tr> <tr> <td> In March</td> <td> 5</td> <td> 5</td> <td> 38.2</td> <td> 0.506</td> <td> 0.500</td> <td> 0.958</td> <td> 0.8</td> <td> 2.0</td> <td> 2.8</td> <td> 4.6</td> <td> 2.0</td> <td> 0.0</td> <td> 25.2</td> </tr></table>

Oh yeah this was prior to today's game and most of his averages will go up some.

Hawks win again! JJ does well. Hits a ton of shots AND MAKES HIS FREE THROWS!

(I hate missed free throws)

With Collins return, Hawks now have 3, count 'em, 3 big man to play inside.

Zaza & Ivan have both played well, haven't they.

He balled out. When he hits that 26 footer perfectly, you know he's feeling smooth. He's been producing heavy lately, all while bottling up opposing starting 2s. Crawford and Parker with 12 points combined the last two games, Joe with 62. Not the stiffest of competition, but hell, they're on the schedule. I don't discount a great performance against bad teams, but of course premiums have to be put on those against good ones. If he scores 25+ against Boston tomorrow while shutting down Ray, looking at the rest of the March schedule, he could have a monster month and be as close to Player of the Month as he's ever been. I still prefer him in the post a little more to the spot up threes, but if the defense continues to lose him and every other one falls I can live with it.

Edited by benhillboy

Joe always does good v. average to bad teams.

Its nostalgic watching Joe light it up. I'll still be surprised if he can do this for the rest of the season. I think thats 21 games left. Maybe Joe has taken Josh's trade request a little personal and its ignited this little spark from Joe. He must be feeling better becasue those rebounds have been up lately!

• Premium Member

Nothing new about it. Joe Johnson is the slayer of everything mediocre. I'm not giving him attaboys for doing what he's paid to do. He only get props from me when he does something of note. Hmmm...like leading this team out of the second round of the playoffs or going off against a team out of the lottery.