• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague was dominated ALL night

smoove31210

Teague should not be a starter in this league. His passing skills are below average, and so is his defense and basketball IQ. He is also prone to some bad turnovers. Not a lot of them, but his turnovers often annoy me. Yeah, his defense is slightly better than guys like Crawford... But he isn't a real scoring threat. How often does he get more than 8-12 points?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I would also like to add, he may be hitting a wall. People forget he was the freshest player in the Chi series. He avg. 13 and 5 with 50% 3pt. (21-42) during the first month of this season including December.

You may have a point there about the wall, which is quite a bit more likely this year with no training camp and the condensed schedule. It's difficult to explain some of his ugly air balls and it's quite possible that he's got tired legs.

• Moderators

You may have a point there about the wall, which is quite a bit more likely this year with no training camp and the condensed schedule. It's difficult to explain some of his ugly air balls and it's quite possible that he's got tired legs.

Hey i just said that at the top of page 3? Maybe i should use all caps.

• Premium Member

Say what?? Crossing someone over and taking them off the dribble is all about reacting to the defense being played on you and you have to have great reflexes to be able to make the moves quickly and crisply. Maybe Teague is thinking too much on defense and that's why he seems to be so slow to react to the moves of these quicker PGs who seem to be able to abuse him? And guys it's not just Kyrie Irving, he's been abused by a lot of PGs this year who are not in Irving's league. Teague has a -1.2 PER rating this year at PG which compares his PER in each game vs his opposing PGs PER in that game. By comparison, Irving, who actually is a rookie (who only played 14 games in college), has a +3.0 PER vs his opponent and his opposing PGs are averaging. How Teague stacks up against other PGs: Derrick Rose +14.2 Chris Paul +11.5 Steve Nash +9.5 Louis Williams +8.7 Russell Westbrook +8.5 Rajon Rondo +6.9 Stephen Curry +6.0 John Wall +4.9 Ty Lawson +4.7 Tony Parker +4.2 Kyle Lowry +3.6 Jeremy Lin +3.3 Kyrie Irving +3.0 Deron Williams +2.8 Brandon Jennings +2.3 Mike Conley +2.2 Darren Collison +2.0 Mario Chalmers +1.4 ------ 0 ------------- Jeff Teague -1.2 DJ Augustin -1.4 Ricky Rubio -1.5 Jrue Holliday -1.8 Jarrett Jack -3.3 Raymond Felton -4.0 Steve Blake -4.4 Jameer Nelson -4.9 OJ Mayo -7.6 (added this one for nbasuper)

So this list means that there are better PG's than Teague?

Wow, that's a shocker.

I think if we can give Marvin 7 years to get it together, we don't have to treat Teague like Salim in his first year.

Teague should not be a starter in this league. His passing skills are below average, and so is his defense and basketball IQ. He is also prone to some bad turnovers. Not a lot of them, but his turnovers often annoy me. Yeah, his defense is slightly better than guys like Crawford... But he isn't a real scoring threat. How often does he get more than 8-12 points?

If you watched Teague at Wake Forest, then right now, you are celebrating how far he has come along. HIs A/TO use to be a decimal.

Been monitoring his stats against his counterparts around the league.He's 45th out of 50 per 40 mpg in rebounding. D. Harris is the worst, he's a notorious bad rebounder for his career...http://www.hoopdata.com/regstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pm&posi=PG&yr=2012&gp=20&mins=20He's 40th out of 50 per 40 mpg in assists. Notable rookies/players below him are Knight, Neal, T. Douglas, Cole...http://www.hoopdata.com/regstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pm&posi=PG&yr=2012&gp=20&mins=20On the other side of things, he's high on steals and blocks. Just throwing this out there,a young unrestricted pg like Goran Dragic is out there.

• Moderators

Been monitoring his stats against his counterparts around the league.He's 45th out of 50 per 40 mpg in rebounding. D. Harris is the worst, he's a notorious bad rebounder for his career...http://www.hoopdata....2&gp=20&mins=20He's 40th out of 50 per 40 mpg in assists. Notable rookies/players below him are Knight, Neal, T. Douglas, Cole...http://www.hoopdata....2&gp=20&mins=20On the other side of things, he's high on steals and blocks. Just throwing this out there,a young unrestricted pg like Goran Dragic is out there.

I'd consider that we don't run an offense that would put him in a position to get double digit assists. We have Hinrich and Joe on the floor who are also acting as play makers. Teague doesn't even have the ball on every possession the way someone like Rondo does.
  • Like 1

I'd consider that we don't run an offense that would put him in a position to get double digit assists. We have Hinrich and Joe on the floor who are also acting as play makers. Teague doesn't even have the ball on every possession the way someone like Rondo does.

Exactly:1. As you said Kirk and JJ handle the ball and run the offense a lot. I don't mind JJ doing it but not Kirk, he overdribbles to much2. Teague would have more assists in Zaza would make all those easy layups3. And of course, if a certain PF would give up the damn ball after a rebound and run the floor instead of running the offense, Teague would definitely get more assists.