• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin should get some credit

capstone21

• Premium Member

"Marvin's very comfortable (in the sixth-man role) and he's very good at it. I had talked to him about it. We did a little bit of it last year and had some success with it. We made the decision to go back to it this year. We've seen Marvin's production go up, particularly coming off the bench. One thing is he gets more shots." -- coach Larry Drew on Marvin Williams and his new role coming off the bench.

Marvin is deadly with his stroke. 3 pointers or mid range, now if he could just get to the rim and finish without falling down we will have ourselves a killer 6 man

Well, as Mom used to tell me, if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut. So as for the thought that our former #2 overall pick is playing better off the bench than being a franchise-changing player as the ones picked after him, well, I'll just leave that alone...

• Premium Member

I look at his production in relation to how much we are paying him instead of where we drafted him. We've beat that subject to death already..

That's not any better. He's getting paid to be a #3 option as a starter not as a sixth man.

• Premium Member

That's not any better. He's getting paid to be a #3 option as a starter not as a sixth man.

Get real guys! Marvin is coming off the bench because of Joe Johnson being tired of guarding 2's not because Heinrich is a better starter. Make no mistake about it, Marvin is a much better player than Kirk Heinrich!
  • Like 1