• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome Home Mike Fratello! (Speculation)

Diesel

• Premium Member

OK, it doesn't take much to get me excited.. but based on a few things I have read (from terrible sources) now, the general feeling is that LD won't be back.The only way we could have that conclusion is that we have a coach in mind.Now being that we can't go after coaches under contract, I suspect we may have a handshake deal with some coach.Everybody knows we need a vet coach who knows the game but is a great manager of people.Also, being that our ownership grew up with the Fratello era...And MF might be itching to come back for one more coaching stint. Hell he coached the Ukranian National Team. You got to be itching if you did that.I say...WELCOME HOME BUDDY. We missed you!!

Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

You seriously almost just gave me a heart attack. I thought this had been reported or something. I think Fratello could be a good fit here.

We need a vet coach who is about discipline and Xs and Os... To me, it's either Fratello or JVG that we should seek. However, I was really anxious reading that Fratello was over in the Ukraine coaching. Who in the hell does that unless you got the itch?

OK, it doesn't take much to get me excited.. but based on a few things I have read (from terrible sources) now, the general feeling is that LD won't be back.The only way we could have that conclusion is that we have a coach in mind.Now being that we can't go after coaches under contract, I suspect we may have a handshake deal with some coach.Everybody knows we need a vet coach who knows the game but is a great manager of people.Also, being that our ownership grew up with the Fratello era...And MF might be itching to come back for one more coaching stint. Hell he coached the Ukranian National Team. You got to be itching if you did that.I say...WELCOME HOME BUDDY. We missed you!!

I wish that was the headline today.

• Moderators

Its incredible to think that LD will be let go with what he was able to accomplish in two years. Last year we beat the Magic which is one thing we set out to do. We were close in chicago but face it we got beat by a better team. This year was disappointing in the playoffs but our front court was seriously depleted. Our overall season was a good one. We finished higher than most predicted we would with Horford. And we did it without him. With a center rotation of Zaza and Ivan Johnson, no real backup PF, and a bench that performed well despite all being off the scrap heap.I'd be happy with Fratello but its no guarantee that he will get more out of this bunch than LD has.

Its incredible to think that LD will be let go with what he was able to accomplish in two years. Last year we beat the Magic which is one thing we set out to do. We were close in chicago but face it we got beat by a better team. This year was disappointing in the playoffs but our front court was seriously depleted. Our overall season was a good one. We finished higher than most predicted we would with Horford. And we did it without him. With a center rotation of Zaza and Ivan Johnson, no real backup PF, and a bench that performed well despite all being off the scrap heap.I'd be happy with Fratello but its no guarantee that he will get more out of this bunch than LD has.

You can say the same thing about Mike Woodson, who increased the Hawks win totals five straight years but still was let go because he didnt win in the playoffs. i think that Coach Drew did a okay job but I dont think he is going to get the Hawks over the hump like Woodson did, so you have to find somebody else. Someone is going to get into these players, not being buddy-buddy with, who is going to work the ref about calls and hold everybody accountable for their action, not just some people.Mike Fratello is a good coach and I think he can bring out the best for this team, I think SVG can as well. Diesel, you almost gave me a heart attack with that headline.

• Premium Member

I don't disagree with what you have said about LD but let's face it, we have had this same regime for 8years now. LD will be a great coach for a young team like PTL or MIN but we're a vet team now and our window is closing. We need a coach who is about structure.I thought about Johnson. Our highest paid player.Have you noticed that no coach (pro) that Joe has ever played for coached structure.Jim O'Brien Benched him and had him traded.D'Antoni played Blitz offense.Woody - no offense = Iso ballLD - Motion offense = Iso ball.Joe has never played for a coach with a structured offense. Neither has any of our guys.When you look at the Spurs, everybody knows their role and they run plays.IN TEAGUE'S words...The Shit works.We need that kind of thing going on here.

• Moderators

I also noticed more on the Celtics later on:

Miami still heavy favorites, but in the next round, if (Paul) Pierce is healthy -- because he can play LeBron as well as anyone, and he gets away with all kinds of contact -- that will be a serious test.

It is nice when the referees are so transparently and predictably biased that commentators factor that into their analysis of which teams are likely to succeed in a given series.

Can't wait to bring in the guy no teams have wanted since he ruined Hubies team years ago and who has a 30% career playoff winning percentage!

Lets be honest......those Cleveland and Memphis teams were not equipped to go far in the playoffs. He was outmatched by Dallas the year Memphis over achieved with 49 wins. That same s team was up 2-0 vs. the Shaq / Wade combo in the Finals.Fratello would be a HUGE upgrade over Woody and Drew. My only issue is age. He may not look it but he is 65 years old now. Edited by coachx

I honestly don't know who should coach this team. I just know I am tired of this same coaching staff for the last eight years, so I assume the players might be too. Sometimes all it needs is a different voice, a different coaching philosophy.I don't think we get a coach before we know if Sund will be back. I don't think the ASG get's a GM before they sell the team so new ownership and hire their own.Just sell the team already.

Edited by JayBirdHawk