• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MC on Josh Smith

HawkItus

All that did was tell us nothing... lolthere is nothing there that we haven't heard. Dang I feel bad for the AJC. Maybe my mom need to help them get better answers. lolCrap, do like ESPN and quote "inside source (or lie)" That always get ppl to open their mouth. :-)

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

Josh and Al can and should be the best forward tandum in the league. We only need a driver. I'd amnest Joe and overwhelm the best point guard available, Deron Williams.

Even if the Hawks amnesty JJ, they wouldn't have nearly enough cap space to sign Deron to a decent contract. Not happening.

• Moderators

Even if the Hawks amnesty JJ, they wouldn't have nearly enough cap space to sign Deron to a decent contract. Not happening.

Exactly. $13M a year isn't what Deron is looking for. Plus he will get max offers so it isn't like we can overwhelm him anyway when our offer will be (at best) the same as other teams.

If matching took away our extension rights then I would agree bc you want extension rights on young rising playerBut it doesn't so it was smart to get Memphis to set the marketThe problem is that we aren't winning and don't have good prospects for it in the near future so he may not wanna stay and our best. Our best chances also include trading him so there is that as well

If we paid more for him previously then we wouldn't have been able to field the teams we have so wouldn't have likely even had this amount of successAnd if we keep him and give him a raise (which he will want) then we are even more hurting in the futureWe will have to actually remove pieces around him to sign him for more since we aren't going way up in lux tax area and even more with penalty now for going in lux tax for multiple years

But then again, we thought that Kirk was going to get traded but ASG did nothing.We thought that we would deal or resigned him but ASG did nothing.So what do yall think that the ASG is going to trade him or resigned him? They probably going to sit on their hands again and do nothing

But then again, we thought that Kirk was going to get traded but ASG did nothing.We thought that we would deal or resigned him but ASG did nothing.So what do yall think that the ASG is going to trade him or resigned him? They probably going to sit on their hands again and do nothing

Maybe so but keeping Kirk will get them under the luxury this year. So from that perspective it was a win; given that if they would have taken on longer but equal amount in contracts back.....One year of minimal luxury ( Kirks expiring) vs two or more years of it by aquiring the longer contract (s) in a trade.

This article is not a big deal unless you were still naive enough to still think Josh wants to stay here. If the ASG does not make a move I would be shocked.

Yeah Buzzard...the handwriting is on the wall as far as Josh goes - IMO. If we keep him he will just continue to be frustrated at being a big fish in a small pond - so we may as well get what we can for him.Once we trade him he will become the player we always wanted him to be - in order to stick it up our ___s and show that the Atlanta Hawks were holding him back.To be fair to Smoove - he may have a bit of a point though.

• Premium Member

Josh isn't going to stay here. The A$G needs to realize that and make the best deal we can for him in the offseason. He'll have more value in the offseason than waiting to trade him at the deadline as a rental.

Yeah Buzzard...the handwriting is on the wall as far as Josh goes - IMO. If we keep him he will just continue to be frustrated at being a big fish in a small pond - so we may as well get what we can for him.Once we trade him he will become the player we always wanted him to be - in order to stick it up our ___s and show that the Atlanta Hawks were holding him back.To be fair to Smoove - he may have a bit of a point though.

I'm just not buying that at all. The only thing holding Josh Smith back is Josh Smith.

Josh and Al can and should be the best forward tandum in the league. We only need a driver. I'd amnest Joe and overwhelm the best point guard available, Deron Williams.

Agree, Al and Josh were beast in Game 5 and 6 and have potential to be the best tandum in the league. We know what Teague brings to the table. Get rid of Joe and get a productive SF and SG.

I honestly would be shocked if the ASG makes any move outside of signing minimum guys this season. The biggest shock maybe that they sell their 1st round pick (I haven't heard anything, this is more of a gloom feeling).I really don't know what those guys are thinking. The best I've come up wiht is just keep it the way it is until we can sell it.