• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hate the Lebron Love... and stupidity of Radio guys.

Diesel

In the same way shaq was skilled and is one of the greatest.all time big men, a huge chunk of that is because he won the genetic lottery. It doesn't make him less great, but also doesn't mean he had the best basketball skills.

Shaq is one of the most skilled low post players in the NBA history. His ability with his post moves, power and agility for his size, and his passing skill made the NBA create rules to stop him since one in the NBA could. You don't think MJ hit the genetic jackpot or Magic or Hakeem. Come on, this is getting ridiculous. Edited by Joker

You have the right to your own wrong opinion, but if a possession ends with a lbj jumper, you were successful defensively.

Lebron is not Josh Smith and don't act like you are close to right on this. This is like arguing that Collins is a better athlete than Josh Smith. The amount of silly behavior from you, Diesel, and a couple others is tragic. Edited by Joker

Magic, mj, hakeem are examples of the opposite. They are extremely skilled.

Lebron is just as skilled as everyone you mentioned. In fact, he is more skilled. Hakeem is a bigger presence due to the fact that he is closes to the basket. Edited by Joker

So how would shaqs career have gone at horfs size? Still a hofer?

Shaq isn't Horford size so there is no need to make the comparison. What if MJ was 5'8, he would be Larry Jordan who is his brother.This is brainless chatter.

Joker, you're really comparing Shaq's low post technique to Hakeem? wtf...

What the hell? Where do you get this from anything I said? I swear you guys are nuts.

• Premium Member

What people are saying is that Lebron's techniques for playing wouldn't be nearly as effective in the time when Jordan played. Lot's of publicists say that if Jordan played today, he'd score 50 per game. The fact that you aren't allowed to be nearly as physical anymore is the reason Lebron is as good as he is.

I say Lebron is extremely skilled. A terrible poster relies to me and says so you think Lebron James is a better shooter than Larry Bird. Me: WTF! I swear the BBIQ here is one of the lowest in comparisons to all NBA message boards. Reading comprehension is terrible here. The BBIQ is extremely low. Example: Most of this thread.

Shaq isn't Horford size so there is no need to make the comparison. What if MJ was 5'8, he would be Larry Jordan who is his brother.This is brainless chatter.What the hell? Where do you get this from anything I said? I swear you guys are nuts.

Again I feel like you are proving my point. All nba players are born with a certain physical advantage and even among them, some have an even larger one than others.Mj at 5'8 would not have the same career, correct. So some of his success can be attributed to his size.

The fact that you aren't allowed to be nearly as physical anymore is the reason Lebron is as good as he is.

Seriously? So you don't teams are physical with James? You don't think the zone defense plays a role? You don't think teams scheme isn't highly advanced on James?

If Jordan played today, he'd score 50 per game

Posted Image
  • Like 1

Again I feel like you are proving my point. All nba players are born with a certain physical advantage and even among them, some have an even larger one than others.Mj at 5'8 would not have the same career, correct. So some of his success can be attributed to his size.

Once again, this is brainless chatter. We all know physical advantages matter but that wasn't your point. You were saying he is only good because of his physical advantages which was clearly wrong and then you called me wrong in the process.

Many on this board think Joe's a great player. By that backwards logic, I guess I can see how you could s&@t on LeBron's game. The dude has been to more Finals and won more than Jordan at the same age. I guess he has to average 18-4-4 shooting 44%, and get shut down by a double team instead of tearing it apart every single time to the point they stop to impress some. If you want to compare eras and interchange players, how many times would Michael Jordan be called upon to guard a Melo, Pierce, or Durant during a scoring run or late game situations? None, because he's way too small, not long enough, and played on a team with not one, but two more versatile defenders in Pippen and Rodman. LeBron, on the other hand, has to be called upon and answers the bell every time. Newsflash: a guy giving you 25-30 points hitting half his shots with the ability to guard, facilitate, score from, and rebound at ALL POSITIONS is a Basketball Deity. His size is notable of course, but far from the main reason od his success. A guy his size with his handle is remarkable. His durability is exceptional. Hate his personality, cool. But if a guy is constantly setting historic marks daily, weekly, monthly, yealy, you look foolish trying to tear down his game. The NBA history books are littered with this kid's name, with at least 9 more years to go. Do refs favor him? Yeah. Does he cry to refs too much? Most of the league does. Is his jumper streaky? Yep. Free throw shooting awful for a player of his caliber? True. Still a lot of work to do on his post game? Im sure he'll get on that in a couple weeks. Theres still 1000s of hours of footage of past Greats he still has to watch and skills and moves to adopt. More inspirational reading. In 2 years his biggest critics will soften up. To not like his game is to not like basketball.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

I didnt say he was only good because of his size, I'm saying that is what puts him over the top. In fact, I was arguing your point that he is the most talented player ever, which he is not.

But he is the most talented player ever.

LeBron is extremely talented, no doubt. From a pure skill standpoint, probably the most talented that I personally have watched. However! People ignore that Stern changed the rules of the.game to be more offense oriented. I don't think he would be as effective as he is now 20 years ago. Yes, Michael Jordan in his prime would drop 50 every game. Hell, old ass Mike was still dropping 20 a game.

Guest Walter

I'm over hating Lebron. Hard enough to hate on a guy who came into the league with the highest expectations of any player in my history, realized many years into it that Cleveland was not going to be able to help after some bad moves, and moved on. Yes, he moved on in an ugly manner by throwing a pep rally, but seriously, how can anyone hate on a player's SKILLS with these http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lebron_james/ playoff stats. I think only 1 other player in history has done this. Seriously, Lebron made a lot of people look bad. If you don't like him I suggest you not allow him to make you look bad also by questioning his obviously bad ass playoff performance.W

• Like 3