• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hate the Lebron Love... and stupidity of Radio guys.

Diesel

• Moderators

If Lebron had Gasol in Cleveland I bet he would of had rings,I think people forget Mo Williams was the 2nd option and he's a bench player now.Its funny that people forget how Kobe begged for a trade to play on a better team.Also let's not act like Kobe was the man for all of his rings,he only has 1 less finals MVP than Lebron.He will easily pass Kobe if he gets multiple rings along with being the finals MVP.

Lebron definitely didn't have a dominant team in CLE, although they were good enough to make the finals. On Kobe v. Lebron, give me Lebron. I agree with your prediction that he will pass Kobe over time. If Kobe keeps playing hero ball, he will start to see a degredation in his reputation as more and more people clue into the fact that running predictable iso ball (i.e., Kobe hero ball) is neither effective nor smart.

Joker sorry for taking your posts out of context. I will not try to be unfair and so will quote some to illustrate what I am talking about:Jordan is very significantly different from Kobe. I was going to jump to some statistics but anyone who can read can see them. Kobe is the definition of a poor man's Jordan. BTW - Jordan in his prime would easily top 30 ppg.Shaq had amazing size and agility. When you compare him against the most skilled post players in history - Kevin McHale, Hakeem Olajuwon, Kareem Abdul-Jabar - it is outright laughable to put Shaq in their class as far as low post moves and skills. Ramming your opponent with your shoulder and then using your size and agility to score doesn't count as highly skilled. Skill is different from raw strength, size and agility.

Shaq is one of the most skilled big men ever which is what I said. You said I said he is the most skilled big which I didn't say. Shaq post game was simply unstoppable, he had several counters as well as good repertoire and he was so effective as well. He never needed to be Hakeem, KAJ, or McHale which of course were in another league in contrast skill wise but Shaq nonetheless is one of the most skilled bigs. Ability matters AHF, to say otherwise is crazy. Joe has better handles than most big guards but why isn't he as effective at it as Durant?Kobe and MJ are neck and neck to me. I could give two you what's about most opinions on this. I've watched both and I don't see much of a difference. Edited by Joker

• Moderators

Kobe and MJ are neck and neck to me. I could give two you what's about most opinions on this. I've watched both and I don't see much of a difference.

That really says it all.

Since you didn't see enough of Jordan, here are their top 10 seasons with a subtle pattern:

Win Shares: Listed by win shares, not by player:

Michael Jordan 87-88 21.1 * = Led the league - CAREER HIGH

Michael Jordan 95-96 20.4 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 90-91 20.3 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 88-89 19.8 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 89-90 19.0 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 96-97 18.3 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 91-92 17.7 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 92-93 17.2 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 86-87 16.9 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 97-98 15.8 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 05-06 15.3 X = Didn't lead the league - CAREER HIGH

Kobe Bryant 02-03 14.9 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 07-08 13.8 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 06-07 13.0 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 01-02 12.7 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 08-09 12.7 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 00-01 11.3 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 03-04 10.7 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 99-00 10.6 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 10-11 10.3 X = Didn't lead the league

PER:

Michael Jordan 87-88 31.7 * = Led the league - CAREER HIGH

Michael Jordan 90-91 31.6 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 89-90 31.2 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 88-89 31.1 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 86-87 29.8 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 92-93 29.7 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 95-96 29.4 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 05-06 28.0 X = Didn't lead the league - CAREER HIGH

Michael Jordan 96-97 27.8 X = Didn't lead the league

Michael Jordan 91-92 27.7 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 85-86 27.5 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 02-03 26.2 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 06-07 26.1 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 00-01 24.5 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 08-09 24.4 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 07-08 24.2 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 10-11 23.9 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 03-04 23.7 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 04-05 23.3 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 01-02 23.2 X = Didn't lead the league

You could keep going but most of us saw a difference that is reflected in the numbers even after accounting for the fact that Jordan stepped away from the game for two of his prime seasons after his father died.

That really says it all.

Since you didn't see enough of Jordan, here are their top 10 seasons with a subtle pattern:

Win Shares: Listed by win shares, not by player:

Michael Jordan 87-88 21.1 * = Led the league - CAREER HIGH

Michael Jordan 95-96 20.4 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 90-91 20.3 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 88-89 19.8 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 89-90 19.0 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 96-97 18.3 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 91-92 17.7 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 92-93 17.2 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 86-87 16.9 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 97-98 15.8 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 05-06 15.3 X = Didn't lead the league - CAREER HIGH

Kobe Bryant 02-03 14.9 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 07-08 13.8 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 06-07 13.0 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 01-02 12.7 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 08-09 12.7 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 00-01 11.3 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 03-04 10.7 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 99-00 10.6 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 10-11 10.3 X = Didn't lead the league

PER:

Michael Jordan 87-88 31.7 * = Led the league - CAREER HIGH

Michael Jordan 90-91 31.6 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 89-90 31.2 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 88-89 31.1 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 86-87 29.8 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 92-93 29.7 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 95-96 29.4 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 05-06 28.0 X = Didn't lead the league - CAREER HIGH

Michael Jordan 96-97 27.8 X = Didn't lead the league

Michael Jordan 91-92 27.7 * = Led the league

Michael Jordan 85-86 27.5 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 02-03 26.2 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 06-07 26.1 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 00-01 24.5 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 08-09 24.4 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 07-08 24.2 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 10-11 23.9 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 03-04 23.7 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 04-05 23.3 X = Didn't lead the league

Kobe Bryant 01-02 23.2 X = Didn't lead the league

You could keep going but most of us saw a difference that is reflected in the numbers even after accounting for the fact that Jordan stepped away from the game for two of his prime seasons after his father died.

Off ball defenders have better WS and PER than on ball defenders. MJ was a superior off ball defender to Kobe while Kobe was a superior on ball defender. I seen them play, I don't see much of a difference. Phil Jackson who isn't a BS guy said Kobe and MJ are equal. I don't know what else you want. They don't look much different from the gametape. MJ has some things better than Kobe and Kobe has some things better than MJ. They are similar players. Edited by Joker

If Lebron had Gasol in Cleveland I bet he would of had rings,I think people forget Mo Williams was the 2nd option and he's a bench player now.Its funny that people forget how Kobe begged for a trade to play on a better team.Also let's not act like Kobe was the man for all of his rings,he only has 1 less finals MVP than Lebron.He will easily pass Kobe if he gets multiple rings along with being the finals MVP.

Lebron had Wade and Bosh last year all young and in their prime and he lost to Dirk and Jet Terry. Kobe has 5 rings, thats alot.

Espn has told these kids Lebron is the best player in the world for years so there really is no sense in fighting with them. These kids dont have to research topics at the library. They just goggle all the answers to life. Lebron is the chosen one, the King, King James. Espn said so, Lebron said so, who are we to doubt them.

Off ball defenders have better WS and PER than on ball defenders. MJ was a superior off ball defender to Kobe while Kobe was a superior on ball defender. I seen them play, I don't see much of a difference. Phil Jackson who isn't a BS guy said Kobe and MJ are equal. I don't know what else you want. They don't look much different from the gametape. MJ has some things better than Kobe and Kobe has some things better than MJ. They are similar players.

Oh really ? http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-03-14/phil-jackson-says-kobe-bryant-not-in-michael-jordans-company

• Moderators
Just more blissful ignoring of reality on this subject. I mean, pretending that the difference in win shares and per stems from Jordan's weakness as an on the ball defender and strength as an off the ball defender...these things make no sense for anyone who watched Jordan and Kobe's careers or anyone with a rudimentary understanding of the statistics. Edited by AHF

• 11 months later...

Had to pull this out the archives from this time last year. 37 and 12 in a Finals Closeout Game, with most of his points coming from the weakest part of his game, supposedly. He posted outstanding percentages from spotting up and 3 at various parts of the season, but that just shows how people love to nitpick the kid. Just crown him and clap.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

Had to pull this out the archives from this time last year. 37 and 12 in a Finals Closeout Game, with most of his points coming from the weakest part of his game, supposedly. He posted outstanding percentages from spotting up and 3 at various parts of the season, but that just shows how people love to nitpick the kid. Just crown him and clap.

I remember this thread. I am glad I have one of the main culprits on this thread on ignore. Some his replies to this day are mind-blowing.

I was listening to an ESPN show today. Couldn't tell you exactly who this guy was but he was going on and on about how great Lebron is now that he's won a title. He then went on to say that Lebron Distanced himself from...DOMINIQUE WILKINSKarl MaloneJohn StocktonCharles BarkleyPatrick Ewingand all the other guys that never won a ring.First off, how dare he call Dominique's name.Now that that's done.. I will say this with ease.... Lebron's championship is not legitimate. He needed a Harden who looked like he was paid off for most of the series and refs who looked like they wore Miami Jersey to win a championship. Bottom line, the reason those guys don't have a championship is because they played in the years that MJ, Bird and Hakeem played.Bird's big three would have dismantled the Heat.MJ and the Bulls would have dis freakin Mantle Miami and Lebron.Hakeem and the guys would have dismantled the heat.Barkley and the Suns would have beaten the Heat.Malone and Stockton would have swept the Heat.Nique and the Hawks would have gotten past the heat.The BadBoys would have made lightwork out of crybaby Lebron and the Heat.

Imagine this world if you would.

Wade on his bad knees trying to guard Jordan in his prime.

James trying to score on Pippen in his prime with Rodman or Grant offering help defense in the lane.

Who on the Heat not names James (cuz he's guarding Pippen) is going to guard Kukoc, get out on BJ Armstrong etc.

In what world is Eric Spoelstra able to out coach Phil Jackson.

This explains exactly why Nique, Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Ewing all don't have a championship and nothing else.

If Malone/Stockton faced these heat, Lebron would have had nightmares trying to guard Malone. I don't see a player in the NBA today like Karl Malone (no offense Boss).

Imagine this world if you would.

Wade on his bad knees trying to guard Jordan in his prime.

James trying to score on Pippen in his prime with Rodman or Grant offering help defense in the lane.

Who on the Heat not names James (cuz he's guarding Pippen) is going to guard Kukoc, get out on BJ Armstrong etc.

In what world is Eric Spoelstra able to out coach Phil Jackson.

This explains exactly why Nique, Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Ewing all don't have a championship and nothing else.

If Malone/Stockton faced these heat, Lebron would have had nightmares trying to guard Malone. I don't see a player in the NBA today like Karl Malone (no offense Boss).

I greatly disagree and think Miami would kill Utah in 5 games at most. Put Bron on Stockton. Kill the PnR like you did with Parker. Unlike SA, Utah role players and bench is far inferior to SAS. Not to mention, Duncan is better than Malone has ever been. Utah wouldn't get out of the 1st round in today's WC.

No need to even talk about what I feel about Malone, I've stated it in the Horford thread.

Edited by Leadership

I remember this thread. I am glad I have one of the main culprits on this thread on ignore. Some his replies to this day are mind-blowing.

You see this is the type of stuff that's going to lead to people not liking you and then eventually getting you banned again. There's absolutely no reason for you to post this. Please remember what AHF said about going back and reading your posts again before posting them and think how others will read it.

• Like 1

Not a hater, not a lover, but I respect his game and what he has accomplished. What does Lebron have to do to impress some of you? It sounds like he would need to shed four inches, lose sixty pounds, figure out the mechanics of time travel, take his game to the 80s/90s, and steer a team full of Tito Jacksons (as Chuck would say) to at least six championships.Edit: didn't realize this was such an old thread. I'm happy to drop the issue.

Edited by supermariowest

You see this is the type of stuff that's going to lead to people not liking you and then eventually getting you banned again. There's absolutely no reason for you to post this. Please remember what AHF said about going back and reading your posts again before posting them and think how others will read it.

Thanks. Sometimes I think those types of posts are okay when they aren't.

Not a hater, not a lover, but I respect his game and what he has accomplished. What does Lebron have to do to impress some of you? It sounds like he would need to shed four inches, lose sixty pounds, figure out the mechanics of time travel, take his game to the 80s/90s, and steer a team full of Tito Jacksons (as Chuck would say) to at least six championships.

Edit: didn't realize this was such an old thread.

Even Darth Vader eventually won his enemies over so surely we can all have some love for Lebron in some way.

[*]I won't forget 'The Decision' but I don't fault him for leaving Cleveland.

[*]I don't appreciate how he acted a couple of years ago after losing in the finals where he walked off the court like a chump without shaking hands.

[*]I applaud him for how he acted last night being classy towards the Spurs and basically remaining humble.

I hate him because of being on another team and being so good but I'd take him on the Hawks tomorrow if it were possible.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Even Darth Vader eventually won his enemies over so surely we can all have some love for Lebron in some way.

[*]I don't appreciate how he acted a couple of years ago after losing in the finals where he walked off the court like a chump without shaking hands.

[*]I applaud him for how he acted last night being classy towards the Spurs and basically remaining humble.

I hate him because of being on another team and being so good but I'd take him on the Hawks tomorrow if it were possible.

TAMPERING! Posted Image

• Like 4

Agree on all accounts. The decision, the pep rally ("Not one, not two..."), and walking off the court were all chump moves.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

The only reason I don't like LBJ is because he isn't on the Hawks.I want us to be good sooooooooooo bad.

My dad hated MJ because he wasn't on the Pistons and hated Chris Chelios until he became a Red Wing... lol I believe that is where a lot of the hate for these big time players seem to stem from. We can all nitpick LeBron's game or hate on him for "the Decision", but everyone on here would love to read the news that Danny signed LeBron. People been like that since the dawn of man! lolSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1