• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could Ferry somehow convince Smoove to stay

NJHAWK

Perhaps Ferry could convince Josh that the owners just listened to Sund on how to operate during Smooves free agency. Ferry could basically say look Smoove I would never have been stupid enough to treat you like that. Butter him up a little and convince him he is our star to build around. I hope it works because if our best option for Smoove is Gasol it will be a sad venture.

• Premium Member

Doubt it. Ferry has zero emotional attachment to Josh. He's more likely to make a decision base on team economics. BK...no doubt Billy would have moved heaven and earth to make Josh a Hawk for life.

With his background being in San Antonio I'm not sure Josh Smith is what he is looking to build a franchise around. Just my guess. He is Coach K pupil.............I think appreciates a different style and attitude to what Josh Smith is.What I look foward to the most is who Ferry chooses as head coach once Drew's last year under contract runs out.

Edited by coachx

NJ,Hate bursting your bubble but you know that if we did resign Smooth, that means we will have no other money to spend on anybody and with that LT Penaty coming next year, Someone isnt going to get resign and we be getting Vetmin for a very long time.

With his background being in San Antonio I'm not sure Josh Smith is what he is looking to build a franchise around. Just my guess. He is Coach K pupil.............I think appreciates a different style and attitude to what Josh Smith is.What I look foward to the most is who Ferry chooses as head coach once Drew's last year under contract runs out.

I agree Coach and will add: I don't think anyone, other than a few Homers in the ATL, think Smoove is the type of talent you can build a franchise around. He should be a 3rd or 4th cog in the offensive scheme at best. Not our number one shot taker.Crap has to change. When your highest volume shooter takes 50% jumpers hitting on less than 35% of them, and cannot get to the line or make free throws, there is something bad wrong with our team blueprint. Look for Ferry to change up our blueprint. Edited by Buzzard

Josh needs to be traded for Noah. Win/win for both teams. Noah fits what we need and we already know he's a perfect fit with Al. Smith is better than anyone on their team not named Rose and he helps them greatly overall. He gives them a legit all star talent and they can fit him better than we can.

Edited by Joker

I hope Ferry does exactly the opposite: he trades Josh for young talent or some established super star and we don't have to live through 15 bad jump shots a game any longer.

We aren't getting an established superstar for Smith.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

We aren't getting an established superstar for Smith.

So a three team-er involving Hawks, Heat, and Celtics has no chance of flipping Josh for Lebron? It Could happen. Worked on Trade Machine.

I feel like it will be a major sigh of relief for the players on the team and the coach once Josh is gone.Are you not upset every time he takes the ball away from the point guard, every time he goes 1 on 5, everytime he shoots a jumper, every time he wants to be the man despite what coaches and players want him to do. Josh Smith is an enigma that has grown over the years due to lack of discipline and enabling. Josh is who he is at this point in his career, we need him out.Yes, Josh is our most dynamic, impactfull, versatile player, but his negatives don't only show up on the court but also off the court.This off season will be the first step in our rebuilding process.1. Lose Josh2. Lose Joe3. Build around Teague and Horford

No but I think we get an established allstar with a more defined skill set.

I hope this isn't a Gasol plug, would rather Noah 1 million times more and even keeping Smoove over Gasol. Noah is actually a center, he can actually play extremely tough, a leader, he is not redundant to Horford like Gasol is, and he can run the court very well. Very good rebounder and team defender as well. I could care less about his post defense or his lack of offense.Redundancy is what we know already doesn't work. No need to continue that trend. We need to get players who compliment other players around them. Smith and Gasol next to Horf, bad fits. Noah and Horf, excellent fit.
  • Like 3

I would rather trade Josh and get a talented rookie in return rather than have all of money going to 2 players. People keeps saying that we can not have a team full of young players but I think a bad year would be worth it if we can be like OKC or a team of pretty good players. If we stay with the structure we're in now then we'll just be a team that makes the playoffs.

I feel like it will be a major sigh of relief for the players on the team and the coach once Josh is gone.Are you not upset every time he takes the ball away from the point guard, every time he goes 1 on 5, everytime he shoots a jumper, every time he wants to be the man despite what coaches and players want him to do. Josh Smith is an enigma that has grown over the years due to lack of discipline and enabling. Josh is who he is at this point in his career, we need him out.Yes, Josh is our most dynamic, impactfull, versatile player, but his negatives don't only show up on the court but also off the court.This off season will be the first step in our rebuilding process.1. Lose Josh2. Lose Joe3. Build around Teague and Horford

I agree with losing both Joe and Josh. Joe makes too much money to be the 2nd leading scorer. We may have to use the amnesty on him because I think we were the only ones dumb enough to pay him this type of money. We could be a great team if we put more athletes around Jeff and Al.

• Moderators

I think Ferry will have a talk with him, but I believe he ultimately gets traded either draft day or before preseason. We have a problem with our starting lineup in that we have two All-Star caliber PF's and we have one masquerading as a center. One of has to go and why not make it the one that wants to leave and is boneheaded. We will be better off freeing Horford from center duties and add a legit 7'0" post-playing center to the starting lineup. Hell, Smoove getting traded would be good for all parties involved... The team that gets Smoove gets a defensive-minded All-Star level talent that is a day one starter. The Hawks get to solve one of their biggest problems by moving Horford to his natural position and bring in a guy that hangs out around the rim, whether its via trade or draft or promoting Zaza. Win win. Still would need to upgrade at SF and build a bench of a mixture of young and experienced talent.

• Admin

Josh needs to be traded for Noah. Win/win for both teams. Noah fits what we need and we already know he's a perfect fit with Al. Smith is better than anyone on their team not named Rose and he helps them greatly overall. He gives them a legit all star talent and they can fit him better than we can.

I agree that we need to make that trade but its not win/win...they still have Boozer too and suddenly lacking at center.