• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Report: Atlanta is actively pursuing Josh Smith for Pau Gasol trade

Sothron

I don't know why it changed the font size, on that post. As for you Joker, I like how you bash every single person here who makes a suggestion, yet the only thing you can say about someone else other than a negative comment is "playmaking PG" or some variation of it.

• Like 3

AJC is reporting that Orlando is pursuing Atlanta in a trade for Dwight Howard. They are looking for vets. They want a SG and a PF. Josh Smith and Joe Johnson are targets. Orlando is very intrigued. Anyone can do what LA and NY media do.

If Orlando actually did that then I would be a very, very happy Hawks fan.

I don't know why it changed the font size, on that post.As for you Joker, I like how you bash every single person here who makes a suggestion, yet the only thing you can say about someone else other than a negative comment is "playmaking PG" or some variation of it.

I'll bash every Pau Gasol suggestion. You never lie about that. Playmaking PG=Need for Horf and Joe. Gasol= turn us into the circus.

• Premium Member

No mas Pau Gasol.

Just because I don't want it to happen means it probably will.
  • Like 1

If Orlando actually did that then I would be a very, very happy Hawks fan.

Orlando has journalist values. LA Times and NY Post just trying to get clicks. No one wants Pau Gasol like that. Even the Washington rumor was #2, Blacthe and Okafor for Gasol. LA wouldn't even touch that deal. Hell NY wouldn't even touch that deal for Amare or maybe they might. Edited by Joker

the lakers get josh smith and the warriors number 7 draft pick for gasol???? the lakers make out like bandits in that trade.

Pay this no mind. This is the LA Times.

I'll bash every Pau Gasol suggestion. You never lie about that. Playmaking PG=Need for Horf and Joe. Gasol= turn us into the circus.

And we can agree to strongly disagree. I'd love to get a Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo type PG, but those aren't exactly available for the assets and money we have. I think Teague is good enough to man the point for us and focus our needs on other areas that are more pressing. Our half court offense is atrocious against good defensive teams. You wanna' know why that is? Because NO ONE on our team has a reliable post game. When our SG is our best option in the post, we have problems. A playmaking PG still can't make the ball go in the basket. You keep talking about how good a mid-range shooter Al is and how that he could become a #1 option with a PnR PG. Guess what, mid-range is still a jump shot. Some nights those aren't going to fall. Some nights those will be contested. We need a player who can score on the block consistently. A shot on the block is alot more reliable than a 20 foot jumper. I'm not 100% sold on the fact of us getting Gasol. His age and possiblity of decline scare me, but so does the thought of keeping this core together for another year and losing Josh for nothing and this team turn into a team good enough to fight for a playoff spot, but not good enough to win. Gasol is a winning pedigree. He's a respected name. He might be a name that makes people take notice. He might be none of those things. Josh is known around the league as one of the most talented guys to step on the court. He's also known as a big cry baby to the refs and a guy who will shoot ill-advised long jumpers at the most inappropriate time. They've all got flaws.
  • Like 2

Not a good move for Atlanta...It still doesnt solve the issue of allowing Horford to play is natural position at PF. Having skilled, yet soft Gasol on our Team does not really help us on the defensive side of the ball, nor does it fill the void at the SF position if Josh leaves..

Teague is a quality player, nothing wrong with believing in him he just has no PG skills and he isn't good enough to get away with it like Westbrook. That's all.Gasol is bad news. He is older, bigger contract, regressing, no a good fit, soft. He's everything we really don't need for Smith in a trade.

I can see Ferry being interested in Gasol. Lakers have made no secret about wanting to move him. I can also see Ferry being interested in moving Josh. It is no secret he wants out.What I don't see Ferry being interested in is sending Josh and the kitchen sink ( Josh, Marvin, 23 ) for Gasol. I will not worry about this deal ever happening if that is what the Lakers are expecting.

Ferry is not stupid, Ferry would not be interested in this deal in a million years.

I hope the people saying that Ferry is not stupid are right. It makes no sense to make this deal. This is a deal you make for Joe Johnson not Josh or Al. Pau at Center is worse than Al. Who is going to protect the rim?

Josh + ( Marvin/Zaza ) . . . for Gasol + 1st round pick ( next available to be traded )Been saying this for a while now.Or maybe there's a 3 team trade in the works in which we get Gasol and some other pick or asset that we could use this season.

Wow! I can't believe you would trade Josh and Zaza for Pau. Josh is already too much.

• Premium Member

This seems like a leverage play by the Lakers. They put this story out in conjunction with a report that they are looking for a top 10 pick. It's clear to me they are trying to leverage a better deal out of Atlanta because I have my doubts about them trying to add a rookie to their current roster as currently constructed with Kobe. That being said, I do think there's mutual interest from both sides regarding this deal (my speculation).