Hawks want Machado

Joker

Exactly. This guy will be lucky to make an NBA roster this year, let alone be the #2 PG on any team at this point.

I hope you eat your words on this one. I am taking the house on Machado. I think he can have a great NBA career with out personnel.

• Premium Member

Pargo lived and died by the three with Mean Willie Green. They chucked us in and out of games regularly.

They chucked us into wins more often than not. I actually was impressed for what they are with how well they played last year. Both guys weren't out there just heaving shots at whim, they took wide open shots and converted the chances they were giving. That being said Pargo doesn't have good court vision and he's not a good passer so in those regards Machado would be much more effective.

I really don't want to see Pargo back. He was terrible in terms of what you need a backup PG to do. I really don't like Jeff as a starting PG but he will do now.

I hope you eat your words on this one. I am taking the house on Machado. I think he can have a great NBA career with out personnel.

I'm not saying he can't SOMEDAY be a quality player, I'm saying that to expect an undrafted FA playing the toughest position in the NBA to be ready to play 10-20 mpg as the backup PG is unrealistic for his 1st year.

They chucked us into wins more often than not. I actually was impressed for what they are with how well they played last year. Both guys weren't out there just heaving shots at whim, they took wide open shots and converted the chances they were giving. That being said Pargo doesn't have good court vision and he's not a good passer so in those regards Machado would be much more effective.

I seen their +/- and what not. They chucked us into a lot more losses than wins.http://www.82games.com/1112/1112ATL.HTM

Like Doug Gottlieb?

Like Doug Gottlieb. I think he can be a star given the right personnel. I stated in the process he has more potential than Marshall but his floor is lower as well.

I'm not saying he can't SOMEDAY be a quality player, I'm saying that to expect an undrafted FA playing the toughest position in the NBA to be ready to play 10-20 mpg as the backup PG is unrealistic for his 1st year.

He's smart, can run an offense, can create for others, and change tempos. All things we DESPERATELY NEED. We just drafted Jeff Hornecek black brother and Carlos Boozer younger brother. None of them can create their own offense.

I think he is referring to a specific playoff run where Pargo was clutch for Paul in crunch time.

Pargo is clutch but he was almost never in the game in big moments for us. It was usuallyTeagueHinrichJoeSmithZaza during the season.

I think he is referring to a specific playoff run where Pargo was clutch for Paul in crunch time.

Yep it was that year and I think they're still good friends to this day. Pargo is far from perfect but he's a useful player in a specific role... just not as the backup PG.

Cats have Walker and maybe Augustin maybe not.Cavs have Irving and Donald SloanHornets have Rivers, Vaz, and JackToronto have Bayless and CalderonRockets have Lowry and DragicWe have Teague and maybe Pargo maybe not.We have a strong chance in this race to win out.

Augustin is a FA leaving only Kemba at PG in Charlotte.Donald Sloan in Cleveland? Really? I don't think that he'd feel that he wouldn't have a fair chance to beat out Sloan in camp.Hornets backcourt is crowded, I'll give you that.Toronto is pursuing Nash but Calderon is on the market and Bayless hasn't established himself as a PG.Rockets have Dragic as a FA and he's unrestricted and then Lowery who wants out, perhaps they view Lamb spotting some at PG but that's a big opening.Then there's the Hawks with just Jeffrey but then again Jenkins might see time at the 1 too.Outside of New Orleans he'll pretty much have a fair chance anywhere. It's going to come down to preference and guaranteed money to separate from the pack.

Yep it was that year and I think they're still good friends to this day. Pargo is far from perfect but he's a useful player in a specific role... just not as the backup PG.

He is better playing for Traviso Something in Italy than a NBA franchise.

I think Machado would be good as a back up. We need to bring in a veteran PG like Nash or Kidd. I know its unlikely we will either but maybe Andre Miller would be possible. Playing in summer league would really help Machado get used to the speed of the game. Then if he makes the team into preseason he could get even more adapted to the pro game. So if he makes it to the regular season he should be ready to play some key minutes.

We don't have any money which makes me sad.

The Hawks got career years out of both to go along with steady play from Jeff and Joe but we all know there's only one guy that deserves all the credit for the regular season wins ;-).And plus/minus is heavily influenced by who you are on the court with and who you replace on the court so Joker didn't actually make a valid argument against your statement, just threw shit at the wall and hoped the smell would scare you into thinking he made a point.

• Moderators

I really hope we bring this guy into camp. I cant remember the last time we had someone with vision running the point. They have their strengths, but that wasn't Teague, TLue, Terry, Mookie, etc.

And plus/minus is heavily influenced by who you are on the court with and who you replace on the court so Joker didn't actually make a valid argument against your statement, just threw shit at the wall and hoped the smell would scare you into thinking he made a point.

Excuse me?

I really hope we bring this guy into camp. I cant remember the last time we had someone with vision running the point. They have their strengths, but that wasn't Teague, TLue, Terry, Mookie, etc.

Doc? Pistol? Been awhile. Edited by Joker

• Premium Member

The Hawks got career years out of both to go along with steady play from Jeff and Joe but we all know there's only one guy that deserves all the credit for the regular season wins ;-).And plus/minus is heavily influenced by who you are on the court with and who you replace on the court so Joker didn't actually make a valid argument against your statement, just threw shit at the wall and hoped the smell would scare you into thinking he made a point.

Oh he's on a Skip Bayless level to me on the boards at this point. I watched almost all the games last year and Pargo/Willie were both very effective off the bench. Pargo just isn't that good of an actual point guard in terms of passing and court vision. But he can make clutch shots and is a guy you bring off the bench and can make some momentum shots.
  • Like 1

He's smart, can run an offense, can create for others, and change tempos. All things we DESPERATELY NEED. We just drafted Jeff Hornecek black brother and Carlos Boozer younger brother. None of them can create their own offense.Pargo is clutch but he was almost never in the game in big moments for us. It was usuallyTeagueHinrichJoeSmithZaza during the season.

The kid had 9.8 assists per game in college and you think he's not good enough to play in the NBA..? Come on man, half of the guys drafted were media made darlings. Over-hyped and covered with denial. Point example, Tony Wroten. How can a guy that can't shoot to save his life get drafted at 15..?? Oh yeah, intangibles!! If i here that loose terminology from another scout or GM, I will lose it! Tony Wroten = Mario West in college...