• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh & Al

sillent

Not a chance of either of those statements coming true. Not unless we trade for Dwight and then there's a minuscule chance of one of them happening.

Harris has been an All Star just as recently as 2009 and Horford has been 3rd team All NBA as a 4th year player. It's really not that big of a gamble especially now that they have the perfect fit. I expect Harris to be better than he ever was in NJ and I expect Horford to flourish with a PnR PG who is elite in the transition game. Harris hasn't lost the talent. Too many Jazz fans even said, he is still very talented and probably better but he didn't fit and they needed someone who can just do what they need for their offense. Edited by Joker

We replaced JJs points with Harris at PG. We need to replace Teagues at SG. Easy enough. Offense will not be that big of a deal to fix. Problem is JJ and Marvins' D is under rated on this board. 22 MPG of Marvins D is lost and 36 MPG of JJ's D is lost.If we do not shore up our D, we will not only be one of the worse rebounding teams in the league but will, once again, have one of the worse perimeter Ds in the league.Rebounding and D wins championships. Josh can jack jumpers till the cows come home and that will not make him and Horford, as a pair, any better on D than they have already been.

Edited by Buzzard

We replaced JJs points with Harris at PG. We need to replace Teagues at SG. Easy enough. Offense will not be that big of a deal to fix. Problem is JJ and Marvins' D is under rated on this board. 22 MPG of Marvins D is lost and 36 MPG of JJ's D is lost. If we do not shore up our D, we will not only be one of the worse rebounding teams in the league again but will, once again, have one of the worse perimeter Ds in the league. Rebounding and D wins championships. Josh can jack jumpers till the cows come home and that will not make him and Horford, as a pair, any better on D than they have already been.

Since Harris is an op-tempo PG, maybe we don't have to use Josh as true SF. We can use him like Marion as a finisher and cutter.

I think you're confusing Al and Griffin on that diva comment. I've seen Al have way too many games where he disappears and backs down from other centers. You can say the same PnR line over and over but that doesn't make it accurate. Al is what he is and thats a good player but he'll never be an elite scorer which you need to be in order to because 26ppg player like you claim.

Since Harris is an op-tempo PG, maybe we don't have to use Josh as true SF. We can use him like Marion as a finisher and cutter.

Shawn Marion is a true small forward. Career FT% .812, Career 3PT% .331. No one chases past Josh's jumper trying to disrupt him like they do Marion nor does Josh have Marion's handles and footwork. This is just another attempt to make Josh more on the offensive end than what he really is. Same as when people use to say he could shoot the 3ball as well as Toine or Harrington so it would work. Josh is a eye sore in a 1/2 court offense but a work of art, without the ball in his hand, on the break. That is never going to change.

• Moderators

Was Al even a big time scorer in college?

No. He was the most important scorer on the two-time champion Gators and was their goto scorer in crunch time but he was never a big time scorer.

I think you're confusing Al and Griffin on that diva comment. I've seen Al have way too many games where he disappears and backs down from other centers. You can say the same PnR line over and over but that doesn't make it accurate. Al is what he is and thats a good player but he'll never be an elite scorer which you need to be in order to because 26ppg player like you claim.

30 v. Korea and 22 v. Russia. Not 13 or 16, you are starting to act like Mr. Meltdown. That's not cool at all. Al really doesn't disappear, he just doesn't get the ball in favorable positions or teams force your PG to pass the ball the other direction. This is something that happened with Teague in the Chicago series. They baited him to only pass it to Smith and he could pass it to Joe or Jamal but they would be doubled. If we had a real PG, that would never happen but whatever. Disappear is when you are getting the ball and you are doing nothing with it and getting a lot of usage and you aren't helping your team by doing the necessary things to win. Horford backs down from centers? Like which one? Dwight is the only one I can recall that happening too and he really never backed down, he just couldn't guard him period. It's clear you aren't going to open your horizon on this. You seem to be head-strong to this like Hots is. It's cool, we got the PnR PG now, so I know he can finally prove it. I am actually hyped for this upcoming season. Harris-Horford tandem should be one of the best in the NBA. 26ppg isn't that much if he gets the FGA and we raise our pace which should happen. No reason for us not to. Projections: Harris (20ppg) Teague (14ppg) Morrow (11 ppg) Jenkins (8ppg) Smith (16 ppg) Stevenson (6ppg) Horford(26ppg) Ivan (7ppg) Scott(4ppg) Zaza(10ppg) Petro (4ppg)

No. He was the most important scorer on the two-time champion Gators and was their goto scorer in crunch time but he was never a big time scorer.

In that offense, you never needed to be either. Florida usually never has big time scorers in their system. That doesn't mean they don't have the potential to be in the next level. Beal, Lee, Miller, J. Williams, etc.

30 v. Korea and 22 v. Russia. Not 13 or 16, you are starting to act like Mr. Meltdown. That's not cool at all. Al really doesn't disappear, he just doesn't get the ball in favorable positions or teams force your PG to pass the ball the other direction. This is something that happened with Teague in the Chicago series. They baited him to only pass it to Smith and he could pass it to Joe or Jamal but they would be doubled. If we had a real PG, that would never happen but whatever. Disappear is when you are getting the ball and you are doing nothing with it and getting a lot of usage and you aren't helping your team by doing the necessary things to win. Horford backs down from centers? Like which one? Dwight is the only one I can recall that happening too and he really never backed down, he just couldn't guard him period. It's clear you aren't going to open your horizon on this. You seem to be head-strong to this like Hots is. It's cool, we got the PnR PG now, so I know he can finally prove it. I am actually hyped for this upcoming season. Harris-Horford tandem should be one of the best in the NBA. 26ppg isn't that much if he gets the FGA and we raise our pace which should happen. No reason for us not to. Projections: Harris (20ppg) Teague (14ppg) Morrow (11 ppg) Jenkins (8ppg) Smith (16 ppg) Stevenson (6ppg) Horford(26ppg) Ivan (7ppg) Scott(4ppg) Zaza(10ppg) Petro (4ppg)

so youre saying we are going to average around 120 ppg?

Shawn Marion is a true small forward. Career FT% .812, Career 3PT% .331. No one chases past Josh's jumper trying to disrupt him like they do Marion nor does Josh have Marion's handles and footwork. This is just another attempt to make Josh more on the offensive end than what he really is. Same as when people use to say he could shoot the 3ball as well as Toine or Harrington so it would work. Josh is a eye sore in a 1/2 court offense but a work of art, without the ball in his hand, on the break. That is never going to change.

Marion is not really a true SF. He's always been a tweener.

so youre saying we are going to average around 120 ppg?

No, I just do the projections like Holinger. Except mines is just based that off their personnel fit, system, and what not. There is a great chance no one of the bench will see the mins to get the projected numbers. Example: Jeff. He might only play 18-23 mpg. He's not getting 14ppg in that time but since most 6th man get 28-31 mins, 14ppg is very possible. Edited by Joker

Predictions:Josh Smith will finally make the All Star team.Devin Harris and Al Horford will be All Stars.Al Horford will be 1st team All NBA and a legit MVP candidate.We will win 50 games or more.We will lose early in the playoffs since Devin will get exposed.This is probably my first really positive predictions in a long time. I usually think this team is early round fodder not built for the playoffs and is poorly constructed. Now I don't think they are poorly constructed now, just have holes.

Not cool at all? The link I read about the game earlier today said he had 13 points and it's since been changed to 13 field goal attempts. I don't have to make up crap to try and make my points. Feel free to keep living in this fantasy land where Horford is going to increase his scoring average by more than 10 points over his career season high and double his career scoring average but you have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Predictions: Josh Smith will finally make the All Star team. Devin Harris and Al Horford will be All Stars. Al Horford will be 1st team All NBA and a legit MVP candidate. We will win 50 games or more. We will lose early in the playoffs since Devin will get exposed. This is probably my first really positive predictions in a long time. I usually think this team is early round fodder not built for the playoffs and is poorly constructed. Now I don't think they are poorly constructed now, just have holes.

Devin will be an All-Star and get exposed? Ummkay. :stinker: Al will be 1st team All-NBA? Who's he replacing, Dwight Howard? Or maybe Andrew Bynum? Or does he slide in at forward, replacing Kevin Durant and Lebron James? Ummkay :stinker: And a team without a legit SF and playing 2 PFs in the starting lineup and lost their best player and only guy capable of being a closer are going to win 50 games? Ummkay :stinker:

No, I just do the projections like Holinger. Except mines is just based that off their personnel fit, system, and what not. There is a great chance no one of the bench will see the mins to get the projected numbers. Example: Jeff. He might only play 18-23 mpg. He's not getting 14ppg in that time but since most 6th man get 28-31 mins, 14ppg is very possible.

Now you're doing projections like Hollinger? What's your formula?

Not cool at all? The link I read about the game earlier today said he had 13 points and it's since been changed to 13 field goal attempts. I don't have to make up crap to try and make my points. Feel free to keep living in this fantasy land where Horford is going to increase his scoring average by more than 10 points over his career season high and double his career scoring average but you have a better chance of winning the lottery.

I expect Zach Randolph to double his ppg next year as well from his mark last year. I clearly expect Horford to at . He will be our #1 option. We have a PnR PG who also excels in transition. He will get nearly 20 FGA. I also expect his efficiency to still be very good. In other words, I expect him to be an elite offensive player stat wise and impact wise. Defensively, we already know I expect him to be Al. It will help having Zaza in to help rebound as well as Smith there as well. Petro's size should help. I think Jeff being a good PG is the same odds of winning the Mega Millions. This, the odds of this is more like New York Knicks making the playoffs next year. I have some small doubts but truthfully, they will make it. I have no doubt this team will make the playoffs. They haven't had a personnel fit since they been together. This will only make the team much better.

Devin will be an All-Star and get exposed? Ummkay. file:///C:%5CUsers%5CKENNET%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif Al will be 1st team All-NBA? Who's he replacing, Dwight Howard? Or maybe Andrew Bynum? Or does he slide in at forward, replacing Kevin Durant and Lebron James? Ummkay file:///C:%5CUsers%5CKENNET%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif And a team without a legit SF and playing 2 PFs in the starting lineup and lost their best player and only guy capable of being a closer are going to win 50 games? Ummkay file:///C:%5CUsers%5CKENNET%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif Now you're doing projections like Hollinger? What's your formula?

Playoffs, teams with double the PnR but to the degree where Harris can't break it. Harris has a tendency of trying to break double teams from PnR's to score baskets. Man of the things he loves to do. But Harris will be forced to shoot it but it's tough, having an elite PnR PF makes the world of difference, even a Boozer is tough to contain but a Horford is a nightmare if the PnR PG is good. I just see him getting exposed. His half court offense is average. His decision making is average. His ability to run an offense is average. His court vision is inconsistent. Guys like that usually get exposed in the playoffs. It happens all the time even to superstars. He will make it. They can choose Deron, Durant, James, Horford, and Howard for example. If you average 26-11-and get assists, and have major impact on defense, they really have no choice. Especially without Joe. Josh can play SF. I don't ideally like him there but he can play it. He has many times before. We won 50 games with no true center or a PG that could move well. Adv data said Josh isn't much different at SF than he is at PF. He more efficient at PF but Horford is a lot more efficient at PF. It seems like helping our #1 option would be much better than the alternative. Mines is based on skill-set, fit, previously data using adv stats, and for bench players previously stats based on the general mins role players get in their role get which might not be accurate based on the mins they would play here.

this guy talks about Harris like its more than basketball, sheesh like he's the second coming or something. The guy has only put up 20ppg once, maybe twice. and he's as much of an all-star as Mo Williams. will only make it once

Playoffs, teams with double the PnR but to the degree where Harris can't break it. Harris has a tendency of trying to break double teams from PnR's to score baskets. Man of the things he loves to do. But Harris will be forced to shoot it but it's tough, having an elite PnR PF makes the world of difference, even a Boozer is tough to contain but a Horford is a nightmare if the PnR PG is good. I just see him getting exposed. His half court offense is average. His decision making is average. His ability to run an offense is average. His court vision is inconsistent. Guys like that usually get exposed in the playoffs. It happens all the time even to superstars. He will make it. They can choose Deron, Durant, James, Horford, and Howard for example. If you average 26-11-and get assists, and have major impact on defense, they really have no choice. Especially without Joe. Josh can play SF. I don't ideally like him there but he can play it. He has many times before. We won 50 games with no true center or a PG that could move well. Adv data said Josh isn't much different at SF than he is at PF. He more efficient at PF but Horford is a lot more efficient at PF. It seems like helping our #1 option would be much better than the alternative. Mines is based on skill-set, fit, previously data using adv stats, and for bench players previously stats based on the general mins role players get in their role get which might not be accurate based on the mins they would play here.

Tell you what, let's make a wager. If Horford gets 26ppg this year I will give you $100 and make you an honorary Hawksquawk Supporter member. If he gets 25.99 or less ppg then you give me $100 and can never refer to the PnR, OJ Mayo or Jeff Teague as Bobby Jackson or a 6th again. Deal?
  • Like 1

this guy talks about Harris like its more than basketball, sheesh like he's the second coming or something. The guy has only put up 20ppg once, maybe twice. and he's as much of an all-star as Mo Williams. will only make it once

Devin Harris is actually very talented. No one is thinking Mo is very talented even when he went to the ASG. Most thought it was horrible.