• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have been quiet the past few day, what is Ferry scheming?

ATLscrubLove

At this point I suppose it's normal after 2 pretty big trades. I guess they are done in the trade department unless the Magic can make up their mind on what they wanna do, the Hawks are still front runners as far as I know. If you notice Ferry has been looking mainly at knock down shooters, drafting Jenkins and trying to land Lewis. I believe Howard is at least slightly fond if Lewis, after playing with him for a while. Seems as though he is creating an atmosphere specifically for Dwight, almost recreating the Magic team that went to The Finals. As far as trying to find suitors for the inside/outside game. Seems as though the team is ready for Dwight, the question is when/if he is ready for us. It seems Ferry is willing to do pretty much anything to get Dwight here, from what I've seen so far he is doing a good job. I can't wait to see what Ferry does next. This is the most excited I've been for the franchise since 2008 when Horf was a rookie. Its still a long shot but hopefully the dynasty 2013 rumor becomes more than just a dream!

Probably nothing. Just looking at FA's.Harris/JeffMorrow/JenkinsSmith/StevensonHorf/Ivan/ScottZaza/Petro

I think everything is quiet because we can't sign anyone until the 11th anyways. Why let it be known who we are after?

Very true, it seems whenever the Hawks come out an say who they are looking at there are 3 other big market teams looking at them as well.

Probably nothing. Just looking at FA's. Harris/Jeff Morrow/Jenkins Smith/Stevenson Horf/Ivan/Scott Zaza/Petro

More like: Teague/Harris Morrow/Jenkins FA/Smith/Stevenson Smith/Horf/Ivan/Scott Horf/Zaza/Petro

More like: Teague/Harris Morrow/Jenkins FA/Smith/Stevenson Smith/Horf/Ivan/Scott Horf/Zaza/Petro

Teague starting is wack. What FA are we going to sign that can start at SF? There aren't any that's better than what we already have.

Drew loves his guard lineups. Most likely: Teague/Harris Harris/Morrow/Stevenson Morrow/Stevenson/FA Smith/Ivan/Scott/Jordan Williams Horford/Zaza/Petro No reason we shouldn't be #1 in pace this year.

At this point I suppose it's normal after 2 pretty big trades. I guess they are done in the trade department unless the Magic can make up their mind on what they wanna do, the Hawks are still front runners as far as I know. If you notice Ferry has been looking mainly at knock down shooters, drafting Jenkins and trying to land Lewis. I believe Howard is at least slightly fond if Lewis, after playing with him for a while. Seems as though he is creating an atmosphere specifically for Dwight, almost recreating the Magic team that went to The Finals. As far as trying to find suitors for the inside/outside game. Seems as though the team is ready for Dwight, the question is when/if he is ready for us. It seems Ferry is willing to do pretty much anything to get Dwight here, from what I've seen so far he is doing a good job. I can't wait to see what Ferry does next. This is the most excited I've been for the franchise since 2008 when Horf was a rookie. Its still a long shot but hopefully the dynasty 2013 rumor becomes more than just a dream!

My one hope (and I am sure Ferry is considerably smarter than this considering his recent moves) is that we don't start adding small pieces long-term until we know who our big pieces are. For example, if we are on the market for a starting SF, I would rather overpay for a one-year deal than give multiple years at a more reasonable price. Also, I sure hope Monta Ellis, Andre Iguodala, etc., are not our backup plans. If we can't acquire the superstar guys we are referring to, we have as good of a shot at winning through the draft as we would with second and third fiddles playing first fiddle. Edited by jezmund

Additionally I don't want to end up like Dalls is now - cleared all the cap space and have no free agents sign with them, hell they can't even re-sign their own players. Terry and Kidd - Gone, only Dirk I fell for him

You can never tell with Ferry. The man is a boss!

I think he will make one more splash. We are getting killed with our perimeter D losses ( JJ, Marvin, Hinrich, Teague losing minutes) . And did nothing to shore up our interior yet. Unless we can average 100PPG, something better give lmao.

• Premium Member

I don't think Ferry is planning on building this team up for the next year. If he was, he wouldn't have traded a 6-time All-Star for spare parts. That made it pretty clear that his focus is clearing cap space for 2013, with a secondary goal of stockpiling future draft picks. So I don't think he is "scheming" anything. Listening to offers for our remaining tradeable assets, but that's it.

• Moderators

I think he will make one more splash. We are getting killed with our perimeter D losses ( JJ, Marvin, Hinrich, Teague losing minutes) . And did nothing to shore up our interior yet. Unless we can average 100PPG, something better give lmao.

It depends on what his goal is. Does he want to get the best pick possible and hope to strike gold in the lottery next year while clearing the room to have people join one or both of Horford and Smith and the lottery pick; does he want to stay competitive this year but only so far as it gives him the total flexibility he craves; does he actually want to win this year now that he has cleared off our bad contract and so he will be willing to ink people long-term as long as the contracts are good value.... He can go lots of different ways and us sucking for a year might be a plus under some scenarios.