• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest D12

Guest Walter

Let me just say this. If Orlando was wanting to get multiple picks back for Howard rather than a star player and pick or picks, WTF did they not make this sort of deal before the draft when they could have drafted whomever they wanted with the 3 Houston's picks and possibly another future Houston pick? If Houston gets Bynum their picks won't be as high. Houston drafted players with trade value but they may not be the players Orlando valued. Let me just say this, as screwed up as DH has been dealing with Orlando, Orlando has been even more screwed up in managing their interests. Bush league even. W

• Like 1

• Premium Member

What the heck are the Hawks offering for the Magic to keep exploring these other trades where they get little in return?

This all has more to do with Dwight. There is a deal and a DAMNED good one to be had for Orlando if Howard wasn't putting his fingers in his ears going "La-la-la-la-La-la-la-la-La-la-Brooklyn-la-la-La-la-la-la-Brooklyn-La-la-la-la-La-la-la-la-La-la-la-la." As it were, nobody but LA is going to offer Orlando anything substantial for a rental.
  • Like 1

Let me just say this. If Orlando was wanting to get multiple picks back for Howard rather than a star player and pick or picks, WTF did they not make this sort of deal before the draft when they could have drafted whomever they wanted with the 3 Houston's picks and possibly another future Houston pick? If Houston gets Bynum their picks won't be as high. Houston drafted players with trade value but they may not be the players Orlando valued. Let me just say this, as screwed up as DH has been dealing with Orlando, Orlando has been even more screwed up in managing their interests. Bush league even. W

All those picks were in the teens. The Raptors pick that they just got from trading Lowry is guaranteed only in the lottery (read: chance to be higher than just picks in the teens) The Rockets couldn't take back bad contracts from Orlando because until July 1st all of their expirings were still technically under contract and on their cap.

I would no doubt try to get involved and send josh to lakers also. Of course I don't know Bynum personally but he appears to be a little "selfish" (as many of us would be for an extra 30 million). I would worry drastically about about his health but he is a great player.

• Like 1

What the heck are the Hawks offering for the Magic to keep exploring these other trades where they get little in return?

Here is what logic is telling me. 1. Any deal won't be consumated until tomorrow anyway as most of the assets have to settle on any team trading for Dwight. 2. You also won't hear what trade pieces Atlanta is using because they are offering Houston's pick/picks to Orlando and the 1st rounder is a contigent piece in the Joe deal. 3. You also won't hear what trade pieces the Hawks are offering because that would change negotiations between other players and the Hawks/other teams in F/A. Meaning you don't want other teams to have the upper hand in negotiating with other agents. They'll have to scramble after the Dwight deal to get their rosters filled. This is right out of San Antonio's playbook of playing everything close to the vest. 4. The tidbit about Addidas and Howard is very true. It is Addidas pushing this deal to Brooklyn. Here is why. What follows is a list of the recent or current Addidas endorsement contracts and what city they play in. Notice the city missing from the list. Josh Smith - Atlanta Deshawn Stevenson - Atl Jordan Farmar - Atlanta (none) Tracy McGrady - Atlanta (none) Derrick Rose - Chicago Antwan Jamison - Cle Rodney Stuckey - Detroit Corey Maggette - Detroit David Beckham - L.A Chauncey Billups - L.A. Tony Allen - Memphis Mario Chalmers - Miami Luc Mbah A Moute -Milwaukee Anthony Randolf - Minneapolis Michael Beasley - Minneapolis Kendrick Perkins - OKC Dwight Howard - Orlando (Brooklyn) Tim Duncan - San Antonio Nene - Washington - Washington Adam Morrison - LMAO

Well according to JA Adande who was just on sportscenter, looks like it is close to a deal with Houston, LA, and Orlando. He didn't even mention the Hawks. Take it for what it is worth. Last night it was suppose to be close with the Nets. Interesting how none of the tv media types mention the Hawks as a destination. Makes me wonder how serious our offer is for Howard?

I have heard rumors about special deals that have been struck with DH's reps. Apparently, his contract with Adidas triples, if he signs with Brooklyn. Why not get some ATL movers and shakers and put together some attractive offers on the table? How about a nice deal with Coke? Howard is a good-looking guy with a great career staring him in the face. You know Coke can put him to good use. What about Home Depot or Kia? Here is out-of-the-box thought. What about Tyler Perry sitting down with Howard and mapping out a second career in front of a camera? Let's not kid ourselves here. Howard is looking at the money. Once we come to understand that, we can compete with Brooklyn and beat them at their own game.

First post here :). Strong this. Especially with Coca-Cola. Dude as I was reading your post, I had this image of a Dwight commercial playing over in my head. He is obviously not camera shy and performs pretty well while he is in the spotlight. Not to mention Turner Broadcasting and the NBA on TNT. The fact is DH is a good baller, and whether we snag him or not I'm happy with the new management and excited to see where next season takes us. But yea great point.
  • Like 2

Well according to JA Adande who was just on sportscenter, looks like it is close to a deal with Houston, LA, and Orlando. He didn't even mention the Hawks. Take it for what it is worth. Last night it was suppose to be close with the Nets. Interesting how none of the tv media types mention the Hawks as a destination. Makes me wonder how serious our offer is for Howard?

Here is the general rule: ESPN Reporters' Twitter Accounts show latest status ESPN Website is a half-hour to an hour behind that.. ESPN Radio is an hour or two behind that... ESPN TV is anywhere from 3 hours to 10 hours behind that...

Well according to JA Adande who was just on sportscenter, looks like it is close to a deal with Houston, LA, and Orlando. He didn't even mention the Hawks.

Take it for what it is worth. Last night it was suppose to be close with the Nets. Interesting how none of the tv media types mention the Hawks as a destination. Makes me wonder how serious our offer is for Howard?

NBA TV mentioned the Hawks still being in the run tonight on GameTime. Sam Mitchell was the co-host tonight and ended the program with wanting to see Howard in ATL. He mentioned Josh Smith and the new signing of Lou Williams, both being from Atlanta, and D12 being from Atlanta. He went on to say that management might be making these moves to persuade Howard.

The offer is definitely serious. I see it being Jeff Teague and Al Horford. I love both of them, but I feel Teague can really grow into an amazing PG with a franchise like Orlando. Horford is great and I'd hate to see him lose. But so far so good with trades, and this one would be the boldest. I think it's about time for Atlanta to go for championship contention.

Also anyone saying trade Josh Smith for such and such, y'all outta ya dam mind. He's the reason we're still hanging on for Howard.

Here is what logic is telling me.

1. Any deal won't be consumated until tomorrow anyway as most of the assets have to settle on any team trading for Dwight.

2. You also won't hear what trade pieces Atlanta is using because they are offering Houston's pick/picks to Orlando and the 1st rounder is a contigent piece in the Joe deal.

3. You also won't hear what trade pieces the Hawks are offering because that would change negotiations between other players and the Hawks/other teams in F/A. Meaning you don't want other teams to have the upper hand in negotiating with other agents. They'll have to scramble after the Dwight deal to get their rosters filled. This is right out of San Antonio's playbook of playing everything close to the vest.

4. The tidbit about Addidas and Howard is very true. It is Addidas pushing this deal to Brooklyn. Here is why. What follows is a list of the recent or current Addidas endorsement contracts and what city they play in. Notice the city missing from the list.

Josh Smith - Atlanta

Deshawn Stevenson - Atl

Jordan Farmar - Atlanta (none)

Tracy McGrady - Atlanta (none)

Derrick Rose - Chicago

Antwan Jamison - Cle

Rodney Stuckey - Detroit

Corey Maggette - Detroit

David Beckham - L.A

Chauncey Billups - L.A.

Tony Allen - Memphis

Mario Chalmers - Miami

Luc Mbah A Moute -Milwaukee

Anthony Randolf - Minneapolis

Michael Beasley - Minneapolis

Kendrick Perkins - OKC

Dwight Howard - Orlando (Brooklyn)

Tim Duncan - San Antonio

Nene - Washington - Washington

Adam Morrison - LMAO

Also this, esp points 3 and 4. Point 3 is solid because we now have smart management. SA really has been a "smart" team. And Point 4, well we all know that cash rules.

• Like 1

I was really stoked for the possibility of a Dwight-Josh-CP3 trio, but if Dwight doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him on this team. He's a diva and he has proven to be a cancer when he doesn't want to play somewhere; he ran Orlando's season into the ground last year. I would rather have players who are fully committed to the Atlanta Hawks. And just because we don't have Dwight doesn't mean we aren't going to make a run at CP3 next off-season.

Edited by atlbraves93

Dwight is NEVER wearing a lakers uni. Kobe doesn't pass the rock, especially for a game winner. Dwight called Kobe and asked what his role would be and Kobe told him a defensive person and a rebounder (in other words, Kobe's trash man). I'd believe Dwight going to Houston before I believe he would go to LA.

Posted Image

chadfordinsider Following up on @RicBucher report: Nets have told Magic if there's a Dwight Howard deal, must be done by end of business day

Posted Image

chadfordinsider Nets fearful of an offer sheet for Lopez from another team if they don't act by end of day. Offer sheet would kill sign-and-trade anyway

Posted Image

chadfordinsider Lopez's agent pushing Nets to either sign Lopez for themselves or do a sign-and-trade by end of the day.